Install Cm10.1 Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 Final Jelly Bean Custom Rom
Edited by Batkingnz, Anonymous, Lynn, Eng and 1 other
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 was released back in May 2012, with many users picking one up to enjoy the experience of a mobile Tablet, but as it often happens these days, Samsung was behind in announcing an official release for Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on the device. While many users aren't worried about upgrading the OS, there are a number of enthusiasts and power users who are always wanting to keep up to date with the various Android revisions. If you fall into this category and you want the Jelly Bean custom ROM on your phone right now, just read on below for the instructions.
What You Will Need
- A Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Model P3110.
- The Firmware and Google Apps packages that are linked to in the next section.
- Your device should be rooted.
- You will need a custom recovery installed on your rooted device. In the example we will use CWM.
- A PC for transferring files and a compatible USB cable to connect your phone to your PC.
Installing Android 4.2.2 On Your Galaxy Tab 2
- 2Once your downloads have completed, plug your Tablet into your PC with the original or compatible USB cable.Advertisement
- 3Locate the Android 4.2.2 CM10.1.zip file in your downloads folder and then copy the file on to your SD card.This should be in the root directory (just copy it to the main directory of the card without opening any folders first).
- 4Turn off your Tablet and turn it back on by holding the Home and Volume Up keys.This will launch the custom recovery.
- 5Once CWM or other custom recovery on your Tablet has loaded, you will need to clear some of the stored data on your device before installing Android 4.3
- Select "Full data wipe" and wait for this to complete.
- Next select "Cache wipe" and wait for this to complete.
- The final cleanup here is performing a full Dalvik cache wipe. Select the option for this and wait until it is completed.
- 6After you have completed the above steps, scroll down on the menu and select "Install zip from SD card".You can now choose the .zip file that you previously copied to the root of your SD card. You will be prompted to confirm the installation; just confirm any prompts and the installation will begin. This should take less than 20 minutes.
- 7One the installation has completed, you will see an option to reboot the system from the recovery menu.Let your Tablet reboot as normal and you will now be running the Android 4.2 custom OS.Advertisement
Tips, Tricks & Warnings
- This guide is intended for the Galaxy Tab 2 and will have mixed results for other devices. You should only apply these instructions to a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.
- Installing custom ROMs, firmware or OS's can be risky. Ensure you have backed up any important data and that you have followed the instructions exactly.
- In some regions, modifying your device can void your warranty.
- Ensure that your battery is fully charged before beginning. If your Tablet discharges while installing, the file system may become irreparably damaged.
Questions and Answers
Help unlocking my Maxwest 4.2 Jellybean?
I forgot my pin and can't log in and the reset button won't reset
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Eng, Lynn, Anonymous