Install Android 4.4 on Windows Computer Using Virtualbox
Edited by Daniel, Alma, Eng, janlat55 and 1 other
The Android Kitkat firmware or the 4.4 version has been released a couple of months ago. However, not all devices can receive this update, where only selected models and brand can use the said Android firmware version. Although that there are some ROM developers who created 4.4 (Kitkat) to non-supported devices, but it came with tons of bugs on their smart phones and ending up reinstalling the original firmware that they have on the phone.
If you own an Android device that is not supported by the said version of Android, then this is the time to taste the latest update of Kitkat. Although this will not be installed on your Android device as it will be installed on your Windows computer to experience the said firmware and to judge it by yourself. This article is a simple walk-through on how you can install the 4.4 firmware using an oracle virtual box that you need to install on your computer.
- 1It is best that you install it on your Windows XP, Vista or the Windows 7 or Windows 8.You need to download the Oracle Virualbox on your computer and install it on your Windows PC.Advertisement
- 2This will be the Kitkat firmware, you can download it from this LinkAfter you install the VirtualBox on your computer, you need to download another software.Advertisement
- 3Run the Virtual box on your computer then click on the New button located on the upper left side of the user interface. This will ask you to create a name of your Virtual Machine and create your own name for it. Then select the size of the memory and its suggested is just only 256 MB or you can set your own size.Once you have downloaded the Oracle and the Firmware.
- 4You need to select the "Create Virtual hard drive now" which it recommends to make an 8 GB and click next to proceed.In the next step, you will be asked to create your own "Virtual Hard drive".
- 5Select the VDI or the "Virtual Disk Image" and hit next to proceed and click on the "Fixed Size" and after you click on next, it will ask you to set a storage space for the VDI and click to create once you set your preferred storage size.On the next screen, it will ask you to create a Virtual Hard Drive.
- 6What you need to do next is to right click it and click on start or click the Android and click the Start right next to the Settings button. There will be a prompt on your computer screen where you need to select the Android 4.4 ISO image, the one that you have downloaded earlier.Once you are done setting those, you will be back to the main utility screen where you will be able to see the Android 4.4.
- 7After you select create partitions, select on new to create.Once you open the ISO, select the option for Install Android -X86 to hard disk then the Create / modify partitions.
- 8Now, select on the Primary and leave everything what you see as it is and Press enter to proceed and select the "Write".
- 9After following the steps above, you will then ask to create a partition which you need to select the "Sda1 Linux partition" then OK. Then select ext3 filesystem, then yes to format the Sda1 to ext3 file system for your virtual Android.You need to select now on Yes then press on enter and select the Quit then press enter again.
- 10Select on Yes after then reboot.Select the Yes when you see a prompt from the "Grub bootloader" to be installed.
- 13Select it and press on enter. You should see there a booting process from the VirtualBox on screen and if in case that you cannot use you mouse upon using the Virtualbox, you need to go to Machine Tab and disable moue integration and select on virtual machine.Once you start it back, you should be able to see this option " Android-x86 4.4-RC1" on screen.Advertisement
And congratulations as you have now your 4.4 Kitkat Android version that has been installed on your Windows PC.
Questions and Answers
I want to successfully install the Android operating system in the virtual box on my Dell PC. How can I do so?
When I get to the stage that asks me to select the Android ISO image and then press start, there is no Android ISO image to select in order to start running the Android 4.4.4 operating system. How can I create the Android ISO
Download your preferred ISO file at http://www.android-x86.org/download. For example, for 4.4.4, find and click "View" under "android-x86-4.4-r4.ISO". Then, install the Android OS to Virtual Box and select the ISO image file in the folder to where you've downloaded it.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Install Android 4.4 on Windows Computer Using Virtualbox. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 28, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Install_Android_4.4_on_Windows_Computer_Using_Virtualbox
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Install Android 4.4 on Windows Computer Using Virtualbox." VisiHow, visihow.com/Install_Android_4.4_on_Windows_Computer_Using_Virtualbox Accessed 28 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Install Android 4.4 on Windows Computer Using Virtualbox." Accessed May 28, 2017. http://visihow.com/Install_Android_4.4_on_Windows_Computer_Using_Virtualbox.
Categories : Android
Recent edits by: janlat55, Eng, Alma