Install Adobe Flash Player and Stream Flash Videos on Samsung Galaxy Tab
Edited by Jerry Rivers, Lynn, Eng, Anonymous and 9 others
Install Adobe Flash Player and Stream Flash Videos on Samsung Galaxy Tab.
Since 2012, Adobe Flash no longer supports any of the Android mobile devices. So, it will appear on your Samsung Tab 2 as a third party "unknown" app to download. Since 2012, you cannot find Adobe Flash Player in the Google Play Store. You must select "Allow installation of non-market apps" before following the instructions below. Adobe announced that the company was going to higher user protection with the HTML5. This is a predicament since so many videos that are online require the Adobe Flash to download and view. Fortunately, archived Adobe Flash files can still be downloaded and installed on your Samsung Galaxy Tab. Also, you can still update the Adobe Flash once installed with the latest security patches. Note that Adobe Flash will not stream in the Google Chrome browser. Firefox will work, and with the reputation as the fastest browser anyway, it is recommended. Other browsers may work, but are not reliable.
- 1 Steps: Installing Flash on Samsung Galaxy Tab
- 2 Steps: Stream Flash Videos on Samsung Galaxy Tab
- 3 Questions and Answers
- 3.1 How to install Adobe 9.0 on Galaxy Tab 4?
- 3.2 How am I suppose to get a plug in?
- 3.3 How do I know if it installed correctly?
- 3.4 Minecraft pocket edition on Samsung Tab s?
- 3.5 Flash player - is it required?
- 3.6 I need to install a flash player on my Samsung Galaxy Grand Primer cell phone I bought about 1 week ago. send Samsung this message to Samsung tech support?
- 3.7 Where do I find a notification button?
- 3.8 Stuck on finding 4.0 version, don't see it in the list of archived flash versions. Want to install on my Samsung tab 4?
- 3.9 Does Samsung Galaxy (2016) J120F require any additional software?
- 3.10 Why do they have to make things difficult..compatibility of all things hardware & or software should only be improved, not restricted, thoughts?
- 3.11 Adobe flash player is installed in my Samsung Galaxy S2, I am trying to use an online video course. I can hear, but no video?
- 3.12 Installed once but when streaming from a link I get message that it's not supported by my device and directs me to a site to buy a player. Very frustrating?
- 3.13 How do I tell Chrome to use flash? Says it is missing?
- 4 Comments
Steps: Installing Flash on Samsung Galaxy Tab
To install the latest archived Adobe Flash Player onto your Galaxy Tab:
- 1First, press the Home button, and go to Menu (button to the left of home button) > Settings > Security > Unknown sources box.(If you have an older Tablet OS loaded, you may need to go into "Device administrators" to find the "Unknown Sources" box.) This step is essential so that you can download and install the Adobe Flash Player onto your Galaxy Tab, since it is a third party application now. Also for security reasons, when done, you may wish to turn this feature back off.Advertisement
- 2Now, go to Google browser and open it.You can use other browser applications like Opera, Firefox or the mobile Internet app.Advertisement
- 3Using your mobile browser, go to Adobe's Archived Flash Player versions page."
- 4Tap on the link that says "Archived versions" to automatically jump to the "Archived versions" section of the article.You can also manually scroll down to get to the said section.
- 5Scroll down a little bit more until you are on the "Flash Player archives".
- 6Now scroll down the page and find the Android 4.0 archives.
- 7Tap the top version on your screen, and download it.This will be the only one that Adobe is still generous enough to update periodically.
- 8Once the Adobe Flash Player is downloaded, pull down the Notification bar and tap on the "Notification" that the Adobe Flash Player download is complete.It will immediately start the installation of your new app.
- 9Installation of flash on your Samsung Galaxy Tab is complete.
- 10For security reasons you may wish to turn the "Unknown Sources" option off again now that the install is finished.See step 1 to get to that menu setting again.
Steps: Stream Flash Videos on Samsung Galaxy Tab
After installation of Adobe flash on your Galaxy Tab, do the following to watch flash videos on your device:
- 1Ensure that you have Firefox, or another comparable browser installed, go to the Settings > Page Content settings to confirm that you have the Adobe Flash plugins enabled.Advertisement
- 2Set up your Adobe Flash Player.Be sure to use desktop website version, not the mobile version of it.
- 3Open a flash streaming site and enjoy!You will now be able to view and stream flash videos on your Galaxy Tab.
You should now be able to play one of your favorite videos and many video games finally with your new Adobe Flash Player application. Now you have one more app to make using your Samsung Galaxy Tab even more fun to use!
Questions and Answers
How to install Adobe 9.0 on Galaxy Tab 4?
How do I install Adobe 9.0 on Galaxy Tab 4
- 1Press the home button.Advertisement
- 2Press the menu button.
- 3Tap on "Settings".
- 4Tap on "Security".
- 5Check "Unknown sources".
- 6Now, open a browser and navigate to http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html.
- 7Scroll down and tap on the required version (9.0).
- 8Open the downloaded file and install it.
- 9Install a browser that supports plug-ins.You can pick Dolphin, for example.
- 10Run the browser.
- 11Now, you can navigate to a page with a Flash animation to see if it works.
See more questions like this: I can't seem to get into the settings of Adobe on my Android Samsung Galaxy tab 4 8.0?
How am I suppose to get a plug in?
I have a Galaxy tab, using Firefox and there is no page content in the settings.
You need the Firefox version app 27 or higher for the Adobe plug in to be allowed. Also, some of the Galaxy Tabs came without Intel CPU and not ARM CPU. You need ARM to be able to use Adobe Flash player.
How do I know if it installed correctly?
It installed but now I need to see if it worked. how?
From within your Firefox browser go to What Is My Browser/Detect is Flash Installed. This link will tell you if you have installed the Flash properly.
Minecraft pocket edition on Samsung Tab s?
Hi, I installed minecraft pocket edition on my Samsung Tab s yesterday and it worked alright, but today it simply did not launch. The pop up window says 'unfortunately the minecraft pocket edition has stopped'. I have tried: I uninstalled and reinstalled several times.. I think it was caused by: I don't know
- 1Clear Cache from with Applications Manager of Minecraft Pocket Edition and Uninstall.
- 2Go to My Files/games and delete com.mojang.
- 3Now put your tablet into Recovery Mode and choose Wipe Cache Partition.Wait for the tablet to reboot.
- 4Re-install the latest version of Minecraft from Play Store.
- 5Do not disconnect from WiFi.
- 6Now open Minecraft Pocket Edition for the first time from within Play Store.Advertisement
Flash player - is it required?
My son is special needs and we want to get him a Galaxy Tablet (I have the Galaxy phone and really love it and I am so familiar with it). My son watches a lot of YouTube clips (particularly cartoons) and also I need to be able to load Simpsons video clips directly onto the device. Can the latter be done? Also, do I need Flash player to accomplish this / these things?
YouTube videos on any Android device are played through the YouTube app. This converts the videos automatically. As for downloaded content directly on the device, Video Player for Android is a great app that converts and plays any downloaded content on an Android device.
See more questions like this: Hi, my question is about flash player set up?
I need to install a flash player on my Samsung Galaxy Grand Primer cell phone I bought about 1 week ago. send Samsung this message to Samsung tech support?
I'm disabled with a brain injury and don't know where to find or install the flash player for this cell phone?. Please will someone help me? . . Thank you . Diana Doll. I have tried: It came up on the screen I need it. Haven't tried anything yet. I'm lost don't know how?. I think it was caused by: I play games I'm home more of the time can get around. I'm disabled.
If you play games that require flash then you will need to install the Firefox app from within Google Play. Set that up as your preferred browser and then follow the instructions on how to edit the app for the Flash Plugin.
See more questions like this: About flash on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2014 tablet?
Where do I find a notification button? I am trying to download archived flash player on my Samsung and it says to tap on the archived flash player, then tap on the notification to begin installation. I do not know where to find the notification button.. I have tried: Pushing archived flash
It will be the downward pointing arrow in the upper left-hand corner of your device screen. This is the notification that the app has been downloaded on the device. You can also find it in My Files if you installed an APK version.
Stuck on finding 4.0 version, don't see it in the list of archived flash versions. Want to install on my Samsung tab 4?
Looking for how to install flash player on my tab 4. I have tried: Followed the step by step to the archived flash player page, cannot find the 4.0
Look for 184.108.40.206 in the list. This is for the Android 4.0 version.
Does Samsung Galaxy (2016) J120F require any additional software?
Does Samsung Galaxy (2016) J120F require any additional software to be downloaded? I want to watch tennis channels for free on my cell. Do you have an idea Sir?
You could do that with several of the sports apps within Google Play. Some are not free while others contain ads for the streaming content. Tennis TV app within Google Play is just one example.
Why do they have to make things difficult..compatibility of all things hardware & or software should only be improved, not restricted, thoughts?
Rant about stuff and extra detail for needless rant
Unfortunately, it is all about the upsell with devices. They keep changing their products to make them "better" or different from the competitor and then upsell with extras. It is like buying a car instead of a device.
Adobe flash player is installed in my Samsung Galaxy S2, I am trying to use an online video course. I can hear, but no video?
My Samsung S2 has flash player installed. Can hear sound but no video when I want to watch an online course
Try an app like Photon Flash Player.
Installed once but when streaming from a link I get message that it's not supported by my device and directs me to a site to buy a player. Very frustrating
This is a constant bug with Adobe Flash Player. Make sure that you are streaming from the Firefox browser each time to try to avoid any hiccups. Sometimes the phone will revert to Chrome or whatever browser was stock installed also.
How do I tell Chrome to use flash? Says it is missing?
I just downloaded Flash but my Facebook videos still give message Flash unavailable. Thanks. Your article does not say how to inform Chrome to use the downloaded Flash. I have tried: Followed instructions. Per the article. Downloaded and installed flash. I think it was caused by: Chrome not aware of Flash. Facebook says Flash not available.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Maria, sdocjay, VisiHow