Install 4.4.2 (Kitkat) on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Edited by Melsan, Eng, Daniel
Did you know that there is a leaked for the Samsung Note 10.1? We all know that the Samsung Note 10.1 came with ICS or 4.0.4 although the Tablet receive and update of 4.1.2 which is Jelly bean and everything stopped there and the device did not receive any new updates coming from Samsung. The said device will actually receive this update this month of May 2014 or by this coming June of 2014. If you want to install this firmware on your Tablet in advance then you can install it on your device.
This is a leaked test firmware for your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. with a build number N8000XXUDND5. The size of the file is 1.2 GB that you need to download from this LINK. Again, this is a test build for your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 the GT-N8000. "Proceed at your own risk".This leaked test firmware was shared by an XDA Member named: iZAP. Here are the firmware information that you need to know:
Model name: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Country: Open Europe
Version: Android 4.4.2
Build date: 23 April
Product Code: OXA
Things to prepare
- 1You can simply plug the device to the computer via USB as it will automatically install or you can download the drivers from this LINKMake sure that you have all your USB drivers from your Samsung Note 10.1 installed on your computer.Advertisement
- 2This is to ensure you that you can recover any loss of data during the process, you can use your Samsung Kies for you to have a back up.Make a Backup of all the data that you have in the device.Advertisement
- 3Just tap the Menu then tap the Settings and hit the applications. Now, look for the Development Option and check the USB debugging to enable it.Enable the USB debugging on your table, this is one of the requirements that you need to enable on your Tablet.
- 4Ensure that your Tablet has an enough power for you to have the device on at all times and to avoid getting interrupted.
- 5Just to make things clear, this is a pre-released firmware which "will not void the warranty" of your device.If you have the device being rooted, all of the custom ROMs that you have will be deleted and this procedure will only work for the Note 10.1 with model number of GT-N8000.
- 1You can download it from HERE.Install OdinV3 on your computer as you need it to flash the the Tablet.Advertisement
- 2Once it has been extracted and you installed the ODIN on your computer, you need to boot the Tablet to download mode. You need to turn off the Tablet first then press and hold the following: Volume Down + Power button at the same time. Once you see a warning information, follow what it ask you.Extract the downloaded firmware that you have earlier, the N8000XXUDND5.
- 3You need to run as an administrator on when you run the program, simply right click the launcher then click on "Run as an administrator".Once that you have the download mode on your phone up on screen, launch the ODIN program.
- 4This may take a couple of minutes like 5 to 10 Minutes, just keep an eye to it till it recognizes it.You may connect your Tablet now to your computer via USB cord and wait for the coding to detect the Galaxy Note 10.1.
- 5You need to select multiple folders to be install on your Note 10.1 and to replace it with Kitkat. On your ODIN Interface, you need to:From the folder where you have extracted the test firmware.
- Click on the AP and select AP_N8000XXUDND5.tar.md5 then add
- Click on the BL and select BL_N8000XXUDND5.tar.md5 then add
- Click on the Cellphone and select MODEM_N8000XXUDND2.tar.md5 then add
- Click on the CSC and select CSC_OXA_N8000OXADND5.tar.md5 then add
- 6Reset and the Auto Reboot has been checked then leave the others as it is and Uncheck the Re-Partition option. Now click the start button to star the process and wait for it to complete. This will take couple of minutes, once it is done it will show up a green box saying passed then the Tablet will automatically restart with your new Kitkat Firmware installed.Once done selecting the folders, make sure that the F.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Install 4.4.2 (Kitkat) on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 27, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Install_4.4.2_(Kitkat)_on_Samsung_Galaxy_Note_10.1
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Install 4.4.2 (Kitkat) on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1." VisiHow, visihow.com/Install_4.4.2_(Kitkat)_on_Samsung_Galaxy_Note_10.1 Accessed 27 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Install 4.4.2 (Kitkat) on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1." Accessed Mar 27, 2017. http://visihow.com/Install_4.4.2_(Kitkat)_on_Samsung_Galaxy_Note_10.1.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Eng, Melsan