Inserting SIM card on iPhone 5
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Eng, Jen M, srilakshmi and 7 others
- 1 iPhone 5 is the fifth generation of Apple's very famous phone, the iPhone. The phone comes with a four-inch retina display and runs on an A6 processor chip. This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the iPhone 5. The link to the mother VisiHow is here - Use iPhone 5
- 2 Inserting a SIM card into iPhone 5 SIM Slot
- 3 Removing a SIM card from the iPhone 5 SIM Slot
- 4 Questions and Answers
- 4.1 I'm trying to put a cricket SIM card into an iPhone 5C and its not working?
- 4.2 How do I get my iPhone to recognize my SIM card?
- 4.3 I didn't get the SIM eject tool in my iPhone 5 package, what should I do?
- 4.4 I have just acquired an iPhone 5C, I have not got a booklet so how do I insert my SIM card?
- 4.5 I think I damaged the new SIM card. There is a small nick in the upper right corner and the phone keeps saying there is no SIM card?
- 4.6 When I inserted my chip it keeps on saying searching?
- 4.7 I've managed to open the SIM card slot and withdrawn the frame. Which way up should the SIM card be inserted? and does it go inside the frame or against it. Where does the small chamfered corner go?
- 4.8 How to find the gadget use to insert on the small hole?
- 4.9 Inserted a replacement SIM back into my iPhone 5S, I have just activated it online, it keeps saying no SIM inserted, could it be that it takes up to 24 hours to activate SIM?
- 4.10 Not having to cut it out of a plastic card. And then looking for the darn thing for the hours on the floor it Apple SIM was so tiny and you have to cut it out from a credit card PC of plastic.Then Didn't work. Because I probably stepped on it looking for it?
- 5 Comments
To be able to use network services such as voice mails, short messaging service (SMS), multi-media messaging service (MMS), other network services and data services, you need to have subscribed to a supported network provider. Some iPhones that are issued by a network service provider may have the feature built-in within the phone thus there is no need for a SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) card. However, most iPhone 5 needs a SIM card inserted to it in order to enjoy network services. This VisiHow will discuss on how to insert and remove a SIM card from and to your iPhone 5.
Inserting a SIM card into iPhone 5 SIM Slot
iPhone's SIM card slot is quite more complicated than most phones. However, by following the steps below, you can easily insert a SIM card on your iPhone 5.
Things to Remember
- For SIM operated models, iPhone 5 requires a Nano SIM. This is more smaller than the more common Micro SIM. You can either buy a Nano SIM card or cut a Micro SIM card into a Nano SIM Card size by following this VisiHow - Cut Your Own Nano SIM for iPhone 5
- Make sure that the SIM Card inserted is supported by your phone. If it is not, have it unlocked by an expert.
- In case you lost your SIM ejector, a small pin like a hair pin or paper clips may do the job.
- In case your phone will not recognize the SIM Card, re-insert it or restart your iPhone 5.
Removing a SIM card from the iPhone 5 SIM Slot
Should you feel the need to remove the SIM card from your iPhone 5, simply following these steps should do the task smoothly.
Things to Remember
- Make sure that the removed SIM is protected against sunlight or moisture to prevent it from damage.
- Without the SIM card, you may not be able to enjoy your network's services.
Questions and Answers
I'm trying to put a cricket SIM card into an iPhone 5C and its not working?
The SIM seems too big for the device to put in
You have to go to the nearest office of your carrier and ask for a replacement of your current SIM card to the Nano SIM card. You are trying to put in a Standard or Micro SIM, which will not fit inside iPhone 5C.
How do I get my iPhone to recognize my SIM card?
I just got a replacement iPhone. I inserted my SIM card and it says no SIM card. I removed the card and reinserted it, it is not setting up yet this is for iPhone 5 and + before starting here is an explanation: nano SIM, depending on the country you are might be thin , if you have an European nano SIM, it will be 30% bigger than the American one, this mean that each iPhone is made as per the specification of the country where he should be sale. assuming you have a new iPhone which is SIM free, your new SIM can be too slim, here is what you need to do: fort the material : a pair of scissors, adhesive tape 0) check if the SIM is working on an Android phone or a simple phone (if it is not, then the SIM has a problem , if it works then read the steps ) 1) put 2 layers of adhesive tape simultaneously at the back of your SIM card 2) cut the part of the adhesive that cross the borders until it fit completely the nano SIM dimension (sometime it is 3 layers but start with 2 unless the SIM won't get into the iPhone) 3) insert the SIM in the iPhone , it should be working now
I didn't get the SIM eject tool in my iPhone 5 package, what should I do?
I didn't get the SIM eject tool in my iPhone 5 package, what should I do?. Should I come to the T-Mobile service store to look for help? Or are there any tools that we can easily find in our daily life helping eject the SIM tray?
You can use a paperclip, the back of an earring, or some other small pointy object to push into the small hole of the Nano SIM tray and pop it out of the iPhone 5.
See more questions like this: I lost my SIM eject tool. What can I do?
I have just acquired an iPhone 5C, I have not got a booklet so how do I insert my SIM card?
I do not have a hole on the side of my iPhone 5C. All replies I had say to press a paper clip in this non existing hole. I have tried: I can not try anything because there is no hole on the side of my iPhone 5C
If you have a real iPhone 5c then the SIM tray is located in the middle of the right side wall of the device. You can watch this Youtube Tutorial to help you see exactly where it is located.
I think I damaged the new SIM card. There is a small nick in the upper right corner and the phone keeps saying there is no SIM card?
I think I damaged the new SIM card. There is a small nick in the upper right corner and the phone keeps saying there is no SIM card. I have tried: Re-starting the phone. Re-inserting the SIM card into the slot. Re-starting the phone again.. I think it was caused by: When I first put the new SIM card in the slot, I couldn't get the door re-inserted into the phone. I think it got damaged.
Contact the cellular carrier you use for service and request a new SIM. They may charge you a small fee of around for a new SIM. When you pick up the SIM at their storefront location, ask a sales representative to help you insert the SIM and get it set up correctly.
When I inserted my chip it keeps on saying searching?
The chip is in the right place and it's in but it keeps on saying searching
Here are some suggestions for how to solve the iPhone Searching issue:
- 1Turn your phone off and then on.
- 2If there is an update it will appear within 10 to 15 seconds.Update your carrier cellular networks by going to Settings then General and finally About.
- 3Connect to iTunes on the PC and see if the phone will update properly.
- 4When all else fails, select Restore and reformat your iPhone.Advertisement
I've managed to open the SIM card slot and withdrawn the frame. Which way up should the SIM card be inserted? and does it go inside the frame or against it. Where does the small chamfered corner go?
Which way, exactly does the SIM card go in. Does it sit in the insert or does it go ahead of it?. I have tried: I seem to be repeating myself but how does the SIM card go in, on top of the insert or ahead of it and which way round?
Watch this YouTube Tutorial to see exactly how the SIM should be placed in the SIM tray.
How to find the gadget use to insert on the small hole?
Please this is important and thank you for helping me in advance
It was packaged in the original box. It looked almost like a credit card and you would have had to punch out the tool. If you do not have that then use one of the suggestions posted in the answers as an alternative.
Inserted a replacement SIM back into my iPhone 5S, I have just activated it online, it keeps saying no SIM inserted, could it be that it takes up to 24 hours to activate SIM?
iPhone 5S replacement SIM activated, told me could take up to 24 hours to activate, is this why it says no SIM card inserted. I have tried: Turned it off and back on 2 times but it keeps saying; no SIM inserted
If the carrier has not activated the SIM card then it will show that there is no SIM. After about 12 hours, take the phone to a storefront location for your device cellular service carrier. Ask for them to check out the phone to make sure all the cellular settings are correct. You might also want to connect the phone to the PC and use iTunes to see if you can activate the SIM card.
Not having to cut it out of a plastic card. And then looking for the darn thing for the hours on the floor it Apple SIM was so tiny and you have to cut it out from a credit card PC of plastic.Then Didn't work. Because I probably stepped on it looking for it?
I actually made a comment to a home run made in Fenway park. Just within the foul line. A Chinese home run, a piece of junk!
Sorry this happened to you. All SIM are rather delicate. This is how they damage so easily if you drop your phone or force the card out of the SIM tray.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: Alma, freezecharger, danakan