Insert and Replace The Sim Card On iPhone 5
Edited by Nate Pepperell, Lynn, Christine dela Cruz
The iPhone 5 uses a nano SIM card, which is noticeably smaller than the previous SIM cards used in other iPhones. This article is going to show you how to insert or replace the nano SIM card on your iPhone 5.
Click the following link for more information on How To Use iPhone 5.
How To Insert and Replace The SIM Card on your iPhone 5
- 4Turn your iPhone 5 on and check to make sure you have successfully inserted your SIM card. You will see the following message below displayed on your screen if you have not inserted your SIM card correctly. If you do see this message, it is most likely because the SIM card is not facing in the right direction inside the SIM tray. Take the SIM card out and turn it around.Check to make sure you have successfully installed your SIM card.
What to Do with Old SIM Cards
- 1Keep in mind that a lot of information is contained within it and you have once used it to transmit information. It would be best to destroy before throwing it away, so as not to allow another person to possibly retrieve the information that it contains.Even when a SIM card is already deactivated or is not something that you use anymore, make sure that you do not just throw it away carelessly.Advertisement
- 2It may be better to keep it using a memory card case, as that will keep it away from scratches that may destroy the information it contains.If you are deciding to keep your old SIM card instead because you think you will still access the information it contains later on, such as the contacts and old messages, make sure you store it in a place where it will not be destroyed by other materials.
- 3This is especially the case if you intend to preserve the information that it contains.Keep old SIM cards away from magnets as they may destroy the chips inside it.
- 4Most older phones use the bigger SIM cards that's why a nano SIM card will not always fit.If you intend to keep on using old SIM cards just for easy access of old information and use an older phone for this as well, keep in mind that you will need a SIM adapter for this.
- 5For example, contacts may look totally different on iPhone as compared to a regular Nokia phone.Some information that your SIM card may have contained using iPhone 5 may look different if you use your SIM card in an older phone.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Insert and Replace The Sim Card On iPhone 5. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 28, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Insert_and_Replace_The_Sim_Card_On_iPhone_5
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Insert and Replace The Sim Card On iPhone 5." VisiHow, visihow.com/Insert_and_Replace_The_Sim_Card_On_iPhone_5 Accessed 28 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Insert and Replace The Sim Card On iPhone 5." Accessed Mar 28, 2017. http://visihow.com/Insert_and_Replace_The_Sim_Card_On_iPhone_5.
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: Lynn, Nate Pepperell