Insert and Remove the Memory Card of Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Edited by Innocent Yogo, Lynn, Anonymous, Eng and 1 other
Removing and inserting the memory card of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is very easy, just like removing and inserting the micro SD card of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Just follow these simple steps.
- 1 Insert the memory card
- 2 Remove the memory card
- 3 What to do when the memory card cannot be inserted into your Galaxy Note 3
- 4 What to do when the memory card is not recognized by your Galaxy Note 3
- 5 Tips
- 6 Questions and Answers
Insert the memory card
- 1Power off the device.2Remove the back cover of the device.Remove it by pressing the slot at the top of the device with your fingernail, then lifting up the cover of the device.3Lift the cover away from the device.4You can remove the battery of the device.However, this is not compulsory, as it may not affect inserting of the memory card.5Insert the memory card in its place, at the back of the device, with the gold contact pin facing down.6Now put back the case of the device in its right place from the bottom and press down.
Remove the memory card
- 1First, unmount the memory card from the device by following these steps:
2Now take off the back cover of the device.To remove it with ease, insert one of your fingers in the slot at the top of the device, press it a bit with your nail and it will come out.3Press the memory card from where it was inserted.It will disengage the mechanism that locks it up and you will hear a clicking sound.4Get hold of it and now remove it carefully from the device5Return the back cover of the device in its right place.Do this by pressing the cover from down and along the edge of the device until it is in its right position.
- Open the notifications panel by swiping the screen of the device with your finger from up to down.
- Tap "Settings".
- Tap "Storage".
- Tap "Unmount SD Card".
- Tap "OK". You have successfully unmounted the memory card and you can now go ahead and remove it.
What to do when the memory card cannot be inserted into your Galaxy Note 3
If you are having a problem of fitting your memory card to the card slot of your Galaxy Note 3, then you may need to check on these:
- 1Some dirt and small foreign debris may be lodged at the memory card slot.Any small object that is blocking the entrance for the memory card will not allow the card to properly fit into the slot. If there are foreign objects, gently remove them using a small stick or pin.2The memory card may be dented or damaged.Dents on the memory card cause it not to be properly fitted into the memory card slot of your phone. If there are dents, carefully straighten them making sure that you will not damage the memory card in the process.3The memory card slot may be dented or damaged.Dents on your memory card reader will not allow a memory card to be fitted into it because the slot s designed for perfect fit with the memory card. If there are dents on your card slot, cautiously straighten them using a small metal pin or a hard stick small enough to fit into it.4The memory card may be "too big" for the memory card slot.Samsung Galaxy Note 3 supports a micro-SD memory card. Other memory card of different type and size will not fit into the card slot.5The memory card may be inserted in the wrong way.The memory card slot is designed to only allow a supported SIM into it only if it is inserted in the correct way. Read the section that discusses on how the memory card should be placed to be sure that you are doing it right.
What to do when the memory card is not recognized by your Galaxy Note 3
If you have no problem in fitting your memory card to your Note 3's card slot but still, your device does not recognize the card, then you may check on these:
- 1Dirt, oil, dust and other foreign and small substances may be contaminating the copper terminals of the memory card and the memory card slot.Any presence of water, oil, dust, dirt and other foreign objects on the copper terminals will cause disconnection and shortage in the memory-card reading process. Make sure that both of the copper terminals are free from these unnecessary things.2The copper terminals of both the memory card and memory card slot may have been corroded.Corrosion on the copper terminals will cause the transmission of data between your phone's card reader and your memory card.3The memory card you may be using may not be the supported type and capacity.Supported memory card for Galaxy Note 3 is the micro-SD card with a memory of 64GB, maximum. Other memory card types are not recognized by your device.4The memory card is not on the format that is recognizable by your device.A memory card on an unsupported format may not be recognized by your Galaxy Note 3. You can use your phone to format your memory card to a supported one but first make sure that you back up the data on your memory card. To format your memory card go to Home > Apps > Settings > More > Storage > Format SD Card.5The memory card or the card slot/reader of your Note 3 may be damaged.It could be possible that either of your memory card and your phone's memory card reader is damaged. Insert your memory card to a working phone to see if the phone recognizes it. Also try to insert another working memory card to your memory card reader to see if the problem is with your Note 3's card reader.
- You can insert or remove the memory card without having to remove the battery
Questions and Answers
Inserting SD card into Note 3 - how do I slide it in from the side?
Hello, this is a nice offer, thank-you. My partner just removed his SD card from his Blackberry so that I could put it into my Note 3 so that I could get a photo off it. I guess he's supposed to have 'unmounted' it on the Blackberry first. Dunno what consequences there are to me now putting it into the Note 3... Anyway, I am struggling a bit, based on this picture, to see how to slide it in from the side
You're right about the consequences regarding mounting/unmounting of the microSD card. If it's the first time, you should be able to access the card's storage on your Note 3. I would not advise him to do this often as it will damage the card.
The Note 3's microSD card slot has a spring loading mechanism built in. All you have to do is push the microSD card into the slot until you hear it click in place.
Recent edits by: Eng, Anonymous, Lynn
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 22,516 times.