Insert and Remove the Memory Card of Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Edited by Innocent Yogo, Eng, Lynn, Monika and 4 others
The memory card of Samsung Galaxy Note2 is very useful, especially when you need to expand the memory of the device for more storage capacity. It's important to learn how to insert and remove the memory card from the device properly, to avoid damaging it, and have it work efficiently. Follow this simple guide:
To insert or remove a memory card in the Samsung Galaxy Note2, just follow the simple steps below.
- 1 Video
- 2 Inserting a Memory Card
- 3 Removing a Memory Card
- 4 Tips Tricks & Warnings
- 5 Basic Troubleshooting Tips
- 6 Questions and Answers
- 7 Comments
Inserting a Memory Card
- 1Power off your device.Advertisement
- 3Lift the cover away from the device after lifting it up just a bit.
- 4You can remove the battery of the device.This is not compulsory, as it may not affect inserting or removing the memory card.
- 6Replace the back.Now put back the case of the device in its place from the bottom, and press down
Removing a Memory Card
- 1To remove the memory card from Samsung Galaxy Note2, you have to "Unmount" it first from your device by following this process:Advertisement
- Swipe the screen of the device with your finger from up to down. This will open the notifications.
- Tap "Settings".
- Tap "Storage".
- Tap "Unmount SD card".
- Tap "OK". You have successfully unmounted the memory card and you can now go ahead and remove it.
- 2Now take off the back cover of the device.To remove it with ease, insert one of your fingernails in the slot at the top of the device, and press it a bit with your nail and it will come out.
- 3Press the memory card from where it's inserted.It will disengage via the mechanism that locks it in. You will hear a clicking sound.
- 4Get a hold of it and remove it carefully from the device.
- 5Return the back cover of the device to its place.Do this by pressing the cover down and along the edges of the device until it's in its correct position.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- When removing the memory card of the Samsung Galaxy Note2, ensure that the gold contact pin faces downward, so that it gets to it right place.
- Ensure that the memory card is inserted securely in its place.
- Trying to force the memory card incorrectly, can damage the memory card itself, or the memory card slot.
Basic Troubleshooting Tips
Certain issues may arise when you're trying to either insert or remove your memory card. Here are just a few, and ways you can handle them:
When the memory card does not fit into the memory card slot
If your memory card does not fit into the slot for it, check these things, as one of them might be the problem:
- 1Make sure your memory slot is free from dust, dirt and other impurities.Accumulated dirt and dust on the phone's memory card slot may clog it up.
- 2Make sure your memory card and memory card slot has no dents or damage.Because the SIM card slot is designed for a perfect fit with the SIM card, any damage, dent, or misalignment on either of them, will prevent the memory card from being inserted.
- 3Make sure you are using the right memory card type.Galaxy Note2 supports the micro-SD card - up to 64GB. If you are using another card size and type, then the memory card will not fit into your Note2's card slot.
- 4Make sure you've inserted the memory card in the right position.The memory card is designed to be fool-proof which means that there is no way the slot will accept a incorrectly positioned memory card, unless you force it in, which will cause the damage to the slot or the memory. The memory card should be inserted with the copper terminals facing down.
When the memory card fits, but phone does not recognize it
- 1Make sure your memory card and the slot terminals are free from dust, dirt and other impurities.Any dirt on any of the terminals will cause failures in data transmission, thus, your memory card may not be recognized.
- 2Make sure your memory card is not damaged.A damaged memory card will not be read or recognized. To check if the problem is with your memory card, insert it into your computer using a card reader. If it is not recognized by the computer then it may be damaged.
- 3Make sure your memory is formatted on a phone that is recognized by your phone.To format your memory card using your phone, go to Home > Apps > Settings > More > Storage > Format SD card. NOTE: Formatting a memory card will delete all the data on it. Make sure you have backed up any data on the memory card so you can put the data back again, once the format is done.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
I can't move or budge the memory card at all!
"What do you suggest?"
If you have followed the instructions in this article, yet you cannot remove your memory card, the mechanism that pushes out the memory card, when it is pushed, maybe defective. Use a small sharp object to manually push the memory card out.
If the mechanism is not holding your memory card, you can use sticky tape and stick it into the outer end of the memory card, and slowly pull on the tape, removing the memory card in the process.
Galaxy Note5. Inserted the wrong card into slot.
I put the memory card into the slot instead of the SIM card. I can't get the card out. How can I open the rear to remove the card?
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: suzq4060, Leomar Umpad, Maria