Improve Your Vision Naturally
Edited by Emmanuel M. Lardizabal, Maria, Lynn, Eng and 2 others
Are you struggling to see tiny objects or do you feel like your sense of sight most of the time is blurry and you cannot even recognize a person who is not that far from you? Here are some steps on how to improve your vision naturally.
- 1 Steps
- 2 Steps to protect your eyes and improve your vision
- 3 Foods that are helpful in improving your vision
- 4 Natural Techniques for Eyesight Improvement
- 5 Tips
- 6 Warnings
- 7 Questions and Answers
- 8 Referencing this Article
- 9 Comments
- 1Read in bright places.Advertisement
- 2Staring at trees helps your vision improve in natural way. It seems that the color of nature is relaxing on human eyes. Stare at least 10-15 minutes at the trees.Upon waking up, stare at the trees.Advertisement
- 3Avoid staring the television, computer or any other technologies or gadgets for a long period of time.
Steps to protect your eyes and improve your vision
- 1Don't stare at the computer for too long without blinking your eyes because this will cause eye dryness.Advertisement
- 2Take a break in watching the television, using the computer and using other gadgets, and find time to relax your eyes.
- 3Use an anti-glare screen when it is necessary.
Foods that are helpful in improving your vision
- 1Green leafy vegetables such as spinach, kale, chard or collardsAdvertisement
- 2Salmon, tuna and other oily fish which contain nutrients called omega-3 fatty acids
- 3Citrus fruits and juices rich in vitamins C and E, like lemon, lime, calamansi, orange and grape.
- 4Foods rich in zinc, such as nuts, eggs, beans and other non-meat protein foods
Natural Techniques for Eyesight Improvement
It's quite unusual to see children who wear glasses at a very young age. You may also want to avoid being an adult who wear glasses that are too thick, or who can't do anything without his or her glasses on. Suffice to say, poor eyesight is not fun to deal with. It seems as if those who wear glasses and contact lenses don't mind their eyesight condition, but they would definitely agree that it's not easy to have poor eyesight.
Nevertheless, why should you wait for your eyesight to deteriorate if you can do something to improve it? First and foremost, you need to know the possible causes of poor eyesight, and/or what factors can make it worse.
Causes of Poor Eyesight
The most common causes and aggravating factors of poor eyesight include, yet not limited to:
- 1Unhealthy diet regimen
- 3Insufficient sleep
- 4High levels of stress
- 5Insufficient exercise
- 6Being in front of the computer for a long span of time
- 7Watching television while being too close to it
- 8Working, studying, or reading in a room with poor light
According to a non-profit organization, Prevent Blindness America, there are approximately 50,000 individuals in the US who lose their eyesight every year. Also, there are about 80 million US citizens who are at risk of suffering from eye diseases that may damage their vision, and could lead to blindness.
Eye Related Illnesses
Among the most common eyesight related diseases are:
- 2ARMD or Age-related Macular Degeneration
- 4Dry Eye Disease
Most eye diseases are preventable. How? Below are some of the natural techniques that can aid people in enhancing their eyesight. So why use glasses or undergo various eye-related medical procedures, if there are ways that are not painful, physically or financially?
- 1Each and every health-care professional would certainly advise this tip - RELAX THE EYES. The eyes are the same as the body, in that they can get tired as well, and require relaxation techniques. One of the most common and easy to do exercise for the eyes is placing the hands together and then rubbing them smoothly, until they generate heat. After that, place your warmed up hands over your eyes for couple of seconds. Through this method, the eyes are able to relax. Alternating cold and hot compresses can also soothe the eyes. Breathing fresh air is another one way of relaxing the eyes, since it can decrease stress. Oxygen plays a significant part in the brain and in the eyes.Eye relaxation.
- 2As mentioned above, there are exercises that can relax the eyes, and the primary purpose of these exercises is to facilitate the normal functioning of the muscles in the eyes. For instance, one could do the 20/20/20 type of eye exercise. To do this, every 20 minutes, you should focus on a certain object, which is 20 feet away, for about 20 seconds. This exercise can truly soothe the eyes, making them feel much better. Another great eye exercise technique is having a friend put his or her thumb about five inches away from your face, and then you should focus on it. After 5 seconds, you should focus or take a look at something behind the thumb. This exercise could be done about 10 times.Eye exercises.
- 3It is also crucial to keep the eyes moisturized, since this is among the most relevant aspects of maintaining eye health. Dry eyes are often itchy, painful and red. Keeping the eyes moisturized is one way of avoiding corneal abrasions, as well as blindness.Keep your eyes moisturized.Advertisement
- A fluorescent lamp is better to use than an incandescent lamp.
- Protect your eyes from ultraviolet rays by wearing sunglasses.
- Avoid looking directly at very bright objects like the sun, flashlights, etc.
- People who have allergies to any of the foods stated above shall follow that step at their own discretion.
Questions and Answers
Can you see farther with a calamansi powered flashlight?
Yes, you can use calamansi to power a flashlight. The concept is this: You will need materials made of zinc and copper. For zinc, it could be a galvanized screw, nail, or coin (penny) made of zinc. For copper, it could be a copper coin or any other material made of copper. The zinc material will be the negative electrode and the copper material will be the positive electrode. If using calamansi, make a slit on each of two calamansi, where you will stick the zinc and copper materials on the separate calamansi. Then attach a copper wire to each, which in turn, can be attached to a LED light bulb. See if the LED light bulb will light up!
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Improve Your Vision Naturally. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 26, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Improve_Your_Vision_Naturally
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Improve Your Vision Naturally." VisiHow, visihow.com/Improve_Your_Vision_Naturally Accessed 26 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Improve Your Vision Naturally." Accessed May 26, 2017. http://visihow.com/Improve_Your_Vision_Naturally.