Improve Your Small Flat
Edited by estrella sacragon, Robbi, Anonymous
Lack the right amount of space? This is the right time for you to know the right measures so as to avoid clutter.
They say that the human eye measures size relatively in terms and this actually works in your favor especially when you do some improvements of your small apartment to make it look bigger. With just some view visual tricks, you can achieve a space that feels wider, loftier, and roomier.
But to add some interesting touches, why not think out of the box and adorn your small flat in unexpected but cool ways like turning your dining area into a library. There are a lot of ways to add a spun to your small apartment to make it look bigger. Here are some of them.
How to Improve your Small Flat
- 1The Color and the Lighting.When you try to decorate your small apartment for it to appear bigger, create a pale canvass. Consider having light colors around your place because these colors can trick the human eye into seeing larger spaces. Go for earthy and sandy tones for your walls and do this motif all throughout your home decors. As with the lighting, a tiny room can look bigger because of the absence of shadow. Try decorating your apartment with much light, day or night. Meaning, you can choose to go for light colors for your roman blinds so that sunlight can easily penetrate through the blinds even if the blinds are lowered. You can also try placing lamps in every corner of your apartment. Go for white light bulbs instead of yellow to fill the living space with shades that will make it appear bigger.Advertisement
- 2Decorate Proportionally.Since dimension is quite important to the one looking at it, try decorating your small abode by choosing smaller pieces of furniture. Make sure that you spaciously spread them in every room. For example, go for two pieces of arm chair instead of a huge sofa, or rocking chair in place of wing chairs. Ottoman tops are great alternatives for coffee tables, as with kitchenette sets instead of dining room tables. Decorating your small apartment with lots of greens can also do the trick. We all know that plants are generally found outdoors.Advertisement
- 3When placing plants indoors, it can create an illusion that the room can accommodate and is large enough to support life.Ficus or palms are ideal additions you can place by the window of your living room. You may also go for a hanging herb garden over your kitchen sink or keep a floral plant on your foyer table.
- 4If you have pieces of bulky furniture and you don't have plans of throwing them away, try painting them with semi-gloss, latest white paint.The furniture's pale contours can help create an illusion that these huge items are smaller. You can also cover them with light-colored slipcovers.
- 5Multitask your Decorating.Your creative juices can help improve the look of your small apartment. Why not use open-shelved book cases instead of hanging your walls with painting? Or instead of coffee tables, go for a chest that also makes a good store room for out-of-season pieces of clothing. Hanging mirrors in key places is also suitable because the reflection can create a duplicate of both the light and space of your apartment.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Interior Decorating
Recent edits by: Robbi, estrella sacragon