Improve Your English Communication
Edited by Maria Sharon Ubando, Melvin Magadia, Rebecca M., Lynn
Communication is a great tool for interaction. One is able to express what he feels and thinks by communicating with other people. We often communicate by words, but thanks to body language, we can make use of action to convey what we mean when we can't come up with the right words to say.
Wherever you go, you can almost always find someone who speaks English. So when travelling abroad and you don't speak the local language, you can make use of English. It can save you at some points.
Has there been a time when you felt frustrated talking to a native English speaker? You want to say something, but your skill is not enough. Okay, you can act your thoughts out, but why be content being an intermediate or average speaker, if there are ways you can get better. Read on to learn ways you can brush up your English communication skills.
Ways to Enhance Your English Communication Skills
- 1You should keep in mind that you can never become a fluent speaker overnight. Live by the saying "Patience is a virtue". Learning is not a rush. It is a process you must go through until you have achieved that goal.Have the right attitude.Advertisement
- 3Before you start learning, know where you excel and where you need some improvement. Try to enhance your strong points and improve on the weaknesses. This way you can figure out where and how to start.Know your strengths and weaknesses.
- 4Make use of learning materials depending on your skills and level. Learning will not be effective if your materials don't suit your skills.Choose the right learning materials.
- 5It sure is a good place to start, but grammar mastery alone is not enough. Do not just stick on theories. Communicate verbally if you have the chance. Use it everyday as much as possible. You can ask for your friends' or family members' help. They can be your practice buddies. If you know a native English speaker, that will even be more helpful.Grammar is not enough.
- 6While a native speaker can understand you by merely using simple words when you communicate with him or her, having a wide ranging vocabulary will be helpful. Open your dictionary and pick about five words a day and add them to your vocabulary. Memorize their meanings and research how they are properly used. If you can learn five to ten words a day for 365 days a year, imagine how wide your vocabulary after that year of hard work.Learn a few words a day.
- 10Always think that all your hard work will pay off soon.Above all, be confident!Advertisement
Categories : Communications & Education
Recent edits by: Rebecca M., Melvin Magadia, Maria Sharon Ubando