Import Contacts from a SIM card to Your Microsoft Lumia 535
Edited by Thor, Rushell, Eng, dgssdggsd and 10 others
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. In this video, we are going to show you how you can import contacts from a SIM card to a Microsoft Lumia 535.
- 1 Steps
- 2 Video: Import Contacts from a SIM card to Your Microsoft Lumia 535
- 3 Questions and Answers
- 3.1 Sir, I want to copy my SIM numbers to Lumia 535?
- 3.2 How can I see my contacts from my SIM in Microsoft Nokia Lumia 535 which have gone out after resetting the phone?
- 3.3 Hw can I import my contacts stored in my SIM to the phone?
- 3.4 Phone book window automatically closed?
- 3.5 How can I transfer all my contacts from 535 to the SIM card?
- 3.6 My Nokia Lumia 540 contact didn't show?
- 3.7 Gmail Contacts not showing in People App, I am unable the same?
- 3.8 How can I export contact details from Lumia 535 to memory card?
- 3.9 I can't access the contacts and other services apart from receiving calls only from Lumia 430 dual SIM?
- 3.10 It is not copying from the SIM to mobile?
- 3.11 How do I move my contacts from file download to people on my Microsoft Lumia mobile?
- 3.12 I can't save a number in my phone?
- 4 Comments
- 8Now that we are in Settings, we need to import from SIM, which will copy contacts from your SIM card.This is for bringing your SIM over from an old phone, or you have contacts on your SIM that you don't have on your phone. This is a quick and easy way to import them. So press on that to begin the process.
- 10Now, you know where to go to import contact details from a SIM card.This concludes our video on how to import contact details from an SD card to a Microsoft Lumia 535. If you have any questions or suggestions about this video, then please leave them in the section below. You have been watching VisiHow. Goodbye.
Video: Import Contacts from a SIM card to Your Microsoft Lumia 535
Questions and Answers
Sir, I want to copy my SIM numbers to Lumia 535?
Sir, I have Lumia 535. I want to copy my SIM card contact numbers but there is no option to copy the contact numbers from SIM to Lumia 535
This is unusual, but you can try solving it different ways. Try to tap on "Settings", "People" and search for "import SIM contacts" there.
Another way is putting the SIM card into the previous phone and exporting contacts to the SD card or as CSV.
The third way is using the Transfer My Data tool to copy the contacts from the SIM card inserted into the or another Windows or Nokia phone and sending them over by Bluetooth.
After you succeed in transferring the contacts, address your carrier for a replacement SIM card, just in case.
How can I see my contacts from my SIM in Microsoft Nokia Lumia 535 which have gone out after resetting the phone?
Earlier there were contact numbers. I reset the phone and all contacts are gone
If you ever connected your phone via the PC using Nokia's PC Suite, then you have a chance of retrieving those contacts. When you format your phone, it deletes everything. Unless you backed up files before you did the format, old files will be written over for new data.
Hw can I import my contacts stored in my SIM to the phone?
I can't find any of the contacts stored in my SIM
- 1Tap on "Settings".Advertisement
- 2Tap on "People".
- 3Tap on "import SIM contacts".
This may not work, however, for some phones. You will need another phone to fix that problem.
Take the SIM card out and place it into another phone. Export all of the SIM card contacts to your SD card. You will have VCF files on your SD card. Put the SD card into your new phone. Install this application onto your new phone: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/transfer-my-data/9wzdncrfj3dr.
- 1Open the Transfer My Data application.
- 2Tap on "import".The phone will automatically detect contacts.
- 3Check or uncheck contacts to import them.Advertisement
Phone book window automatically closed?
Sir, I cannot call using my Lumia 535, I try any number to call, I search any number then put tap then window is automatically closed Do you have a screen protector on your phone? Many of them block the proximity sensor which will block a call from being made. Dial ##634# and select Proximity Sensor. To test, a yellow circle will turn green when you cover the Proximity Sensor.
If your Proximity Sensor is fine, connect your phone to the PC and use Nokia's PC Suite to backup and then run a full diagnostic on your phone. You may be required to do a factory reset but your contacts will be backed up.
How can I transfer all my contacts from 535 to the SIM card?
How can I transfer all my contacts from 535 to the SIM card?
There is no option of transferring your contacts to the SIM card. However, all of your contacts are synchronized with the Microsoft account. The list of contacts is available at https://contacts.live.com. You will need to log in using your Microsoft account from your 535. Another option is using Transfer My Data from Windows Store, which allows you to copy contacts from one Windows phone to another via Bluetooth.
My Nokia Lumia 540 contact didn't show?
Why it is a problem, help please?
Your Microsoft Account is out of sync. Log into people.live.com and select Manage, Restore deleted contacts. Once you have brought the contacts up and restored them, you will want to open your phone and Sign into your Microsoft Account. Then hit Sync manually. It may take a bit of time but your contacts will appear again.
Gmail Contacts not showing in People App, I am unable the same?
Dear Thor, I had an issue with contacts please help me. I synced with Google contacts and I can see from the Gmail desktop account but in windows 630 Lumia phone I'm unable the same.
Did you add your Google email account within Settings under Accounts first? This could be what is causing your contact issue in the People App if it was not synced properly. Also, it can take sometimes up to 24 hours for your Google Account to sync to your phone. You will have to manually sync on the Lumia to get the contacts.
See more questions like this: My windows phone setting not showing import SIM contacts?
How can I export contact details from Lumia 535 to memory card?
Please help me out. How can I export contact details from Lumia 535 to memory card
The Nokia Lumia 535 has no option to export to a SIM Card. Instead, they have an app called Transfer My Data which allows you to export to another phone over Bluetooth. Your contacts are also stored in the Live Cloud through your Microsoft Live account.
I can't access the contacts and other services apart from receiving calls only from Lumia 430 dual SIM?
When put on, the start up screen is OK but upon entering the password a dark blank screen with the time & battery seen at the top right corner only. I have tried: Removing the battery. I think it was caused by: I can't tell
Re-sync your Microsoft Account on the phone. Contacts disappear when the account is out of sync. This is because your phone stores the contacts in your Windows Live Account in a cloud. If the sync is off then there is nothing for the phone to see.
See more questions like this: I am unable to move contact from SIM card to phone memory on Lumia 430?
It is not copying from the SIM to mobile?
It PS not copying from the SIM to mobile
On the Nokia Lumia, open the People App. Select More and then Settings. There is an option called Import SIM Contacts. Enable this option then select Import again. The SIM you are using will need to be a Micro SIM for this to work.
How do I move my contacts from file download to people on my Microsoft Lumia mobile?
I've managed to move my contacts from an old SIM into file download on my Microsoft Lumia Mobile but don't know how to move them into people. I have tried: I can open each individual in file download but have no idea what to do next
As explained above, you need to enable in More>Settings>Import SIM Contacts. If your previous phone was a Nokia as well then you can use the Transfer My Data over Bluetooth to the new Nokia.
I can't save a number in my phone?
I can't view all my contacts numbers on my phone and I can't also save nor import from my SIM to phone
Nokia does not support saving Contacts to a SIM. If your contacts are not saving, login into your Microsoft account on the phone and manually Sync. If you ever backed up your phone or connected it to Nokia's PC Suite then the Contacts will appear again. If they do not, make sure that you do not have 2 Step Verification enabled in your Microsoft/Windows Live Account on the PC. The code window will not appear on the phone and block you from accessing the account for Contacts.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Nokia
Recent edits by: Alma, SWAT I, Elize