Import Contacts from SIM to iPhone5
Edited by Timbuktu, Eng, Melvin Magadia, Lynn
Syncing your SIM contacts on your iPhone 5 is vital in keeping up with your friends and family. Just imagine the time and effort you can save from not having to individually re-enter your contacts from your new phone.
Transferring your SIM contacts entails more than just inserting the card, since it requires a different size of SIM. However, you can copy your contacts to your phone without using the card. A computer with Internet connection is required for this process. Here is a step-by-step guide on transferring your SIM contacts to your iPhone 5.
- 1If you are transferring SIM contacts from a Symbian phone to an iPhone 5:Advertisement
- Connect your phone to a PC or MAC.
- Access the Nokia Sync software and follow the voice prompts for syncing your contacts, using your computer. This will back up your contacts on your computer.
- Now connect your iPhone 5 to your computer and open iTunes.
- Follow the prompts to import your contacts to your new phone.
- 5You should then see a small popup window that says "Importing SIM contacts"; after this, all your SIM contacts will then be transferred to your phone.
- Disconnect your iPhone 5 from the PC when done importing.
- 6From an Android phone:
- Make sure that your phone is synced with a Gmail account. Although this is automatic, you can double check by logging in to Gmail and checking if your contacts are listed.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings.
- Then Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Select Add Account.
- Choose Other.
- From Contacts, choose AddCardDAV account.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to enter your details
Server: Google.com Username: Enter your full Gmail address Password: Input your password Description: Gmail
- 8Choose Next and open Contacts to proceed with the import process.
- From a Windows Phone device:
- 1Make sure that you are synced with Windows Live account.Although this is automatic, you can check it on your account to make sure.
- 2Connect your iPhone to the computer and open iTunes.
- 3Simply sync your contacts from your Hotmail account to your new iPhone.
- From a Blackberry SIM:
- 1Log in to your preferred email account provider and make sure that your contacts are synced to that account.
- 2Connect your new phone to your computer and open iTunes.
- 3Follow the prompts for syncing your contacts to your new phone.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: Melvin Magadia, Eng, Timbuktu
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 845 times.