Import Contacts from SIM to iPhone5
Edited by Timbuktu, Eng, Melvin Magadia, Lynn
Syncing your SIM contacts on your iPhone 5 is vital in keeping up with your friends and family. Just imagine the time and effort you can save from not having to individually re-enter your contacts from your new phone.
Transferring your SIM contacts entails more than just inserting the card, since it requires a different size of SIM. However, you can copy your contacts to your phone without using the card. A computer with Internet connection is required for this process. Here is a step-by-step guide on transferring your SIM contacts to your iPhone 5.
- 1If you are transferring SIM contacts from a Symbian phone to an iPhone 5:Advertisement
- Connect your phone to a PC or MAC.
- Access the Nokia Sync software and follow the voice prompts for syncing your contacts, using your computer. This will back up your contacts on your computer.
- Now connect your iPhone 5 to your computer and open iTunes.
- Follow the prompts to import your contacts to your new phone.
- 5You should then see a small popup window that says "Importing SIM contacts"; after this, all your SIM contacts will then be transferred to your phone.
- Disconnect your iPhone 5 from the PC when done importing.
- 6From an Android phone:
- Make sure that your phone is synced with a Gmail account. Although this is automatic, you can double check by logging in to Gmail and checking if your contacts are listed.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings.
- Then Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Select Add Account.
- Choose Other.
- From Contacts, choose AddCardDAV account.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to enter your details
Server: Google.com Username: Enter your full Gmail address Password: Input your password Description: Gmail
- 8Choose Next and open Contacts to proceed with the import process.
- From a Windows Phone device:
- 1Although this is automatic, you can check it on your account to make sure.Make sure that you are synced with Windows Live account.
- 2Connect your iPhone to the computer and open iTunes.
- 3Simply sync your contacts from your Hotmail account to your new iPhone.
- From a Blackberry SIM:
- 1Log in to your preferred email account provider and make sure that your contacts are synced to that account.
- 2Connect your new phone to your computer and open iTunes.
- 3Follow the prompts for syncing your contacts to your new phone.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: Melvin Magadia, Eng, Timbuktu
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 845 times.