Identify the Main Parts of iPhone 5
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Charmed, JEPH, Eng and 1 other
iPhone 5 is the fifth generation of Apple's very famous phone, the iPhone. The phone comes with a four-inch retina display and runs on an A6 processor chip.
This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the iPhone 5. The link to the mother VisiHow is here - Use iPhone 5
- 1 Identify the Main Parts of the iPhone 5
- 1.1 Identify Parts of the Front View of iPhone 5
- 1.2 Identify Parts of the Back View of iPhone 5
- 1.3 Identify Parts of the Left Side View of iPhone 5
- 1.4 Identify Parts of the Right Side View of iPhone 5
- 1.5 Identify Parts of the Top View of iPhone 5
- 1.6 Identify Parts of the Bottom Side View of iPhone 5
- 1.7 Questions and Answers
- 1.8 Referencing this Article
- 1.9 Comments
Identify the Main Parts of the iPhone 5
iPhone 5 is a power-packed phone. If you get to know all the feature about the phone, then you will enjoy it to the fullest. Knowing all about your phone start with getting to know the main parts of your phone responsible for it to function normally. Whether you are an old time iPhone user or just moved to iOS, you will find this VisiHow a good reference material.
This VisiHow is divided into six views of the iPhone 5 which corresponds to its sides: front view, top view, bottom view, back view, left view and right view.
Identify Parts of the Front View of iPhone 5
Front view has the most parts visible on your iPhone 5. These are the following:
- 1Power or Lock Key - This button allows you to lock you iPhone screen or turn it on and off.Locking the screen will take a single press while turning it on or off requires a press and hold gesture.Advertisement
- 2Front Facing Camera - This part allows you to take pictures (self-portraits) while facing the phone.You can also use the front camera as a web cam when you used video chatting applications.Advertisement
- 3Ear Piece - This part allows you to listen to the other party calling.Voice calls will come from here be default except when you are using a headset.
- 4Ring or Silent Switch - The switch allows you to switch your iPhone 5 into Silent or Ring mode.
- 5Volume Up Key - The volume up key allows you to turn up your volume for ringtone, calls and multi-media purposes.
- 6Volume Down Key - The volume down key allows you to turn down your volume for ringtone, calls and multi-media purposes.
- 7Primary Screen - This is your phone main screen.You will be able to see the graphic user interface. You can interact with it by using some gestures like tapping and holding. This is considered as the window to your phone, without this, your phone cannot function as intended.
- 8Home Key - This key returns to the Home Screen or brings you to a menu one level higher.Some applications are automatically closed when you press on this button though some remains on background too.
Identify Parts of the Back View of iPhone 5
The back view of your iPhone has only 2 visible parts. They are the following:
- 1Back Camera Flash - The back camera flash functions just like any flash.It allows you to take pictures on low light conditions by acting as the light source. Some applications can utilize the flash of an iPhone 5 as a flash light.Advertisement
- 2Back Camera / Main Camera Lens- This is the main camera of the iPhone 5.This part captures and records videos and still images. This camera has better resolution than the front camera.
Identify Parts of the Left Side View of iPhone 5
The right side view of your iPhone has only 1 visible part. This is the:
- 1SIM Card Slot / SIM Card Tray - This part is where you insert you SIM card in order to enjoy network services such as MMS, SMS, Emails, calls and internet.Advertisement
Identify Parts of the Right Side View of iPhone 5
The left side view of your iPhone has three visible parts. They are the following:
- 1Ring or Silent Switch - The switch allows you to switch your iPhone 5 into Silent or Ring mode.
- 2Volume Up Key - The volume up key allows you to turn up your volume for ringtone, calls and multi-media purposes.
- 3Volume Down Key - The volume down key allows you to turn down your volume for ringtone, calls and multi-media purposes.
Identify Parts of the Top View of iPhone 5
The top view of your iPhone has only 1 visible part. This is the:
- 1Power or Lock Key - This button allows you to lock you iPhone screen or turn it on and off.Locking the screen will take a single press while turning it on or off requires a press and hold gesture.
Identify Parts of the Bottom Side View of iPhone 5
The bottom view of your iPhone has four visible parts. They are the following:
- 1Speaker - The speaker is the device that releases sound from the phone.The sounds include those from media files being played, ringtones and calls on loudspeakers.
- 2Charger Port / Connectivity Port - This port allows you to recharge your phone as well as to connect your phone to a PC to transfer files from and to your PC.A data cable is required for both functions.
- 3Microphone - This part allows you to speak to the other party during a normal call (calls not requiring headset).This is also use to issue voice commands or make voice notes and recordings.
- 4Headphone Socket - This part allows you to insert a 3.5 MM headphone to your phone to be able to play music or do calls using your headphones.Advertisement
- If you feel that something was missed out, a message to the comment box would be appreciated.
Questions and Answers
Is the charger outlet of an iPhone 5 the same as the fake one?
Because I bought a fake and got no charger
iPhone devices are shipped with a charger, but the charger itself varies from area to area. They can have two round prongs, three rectangular prongs, etc. However, fake charger outlets differ from the same real ones. As outlets and labels may differ from area to area, look for any obviously misspelt words on the charger outlet itself. The labels should be in light gray on real charger outlets, while fake ones may have much darker labels. The weight of fake ones is less. Fake phones may turn the USB input upside-down or completely misplace it. The pins on real chargers are matte and consistent in color. The last one is the price. Fake ones are much cheaper. In order to spot more differences, you will need to compare a real charger outlet side to side with a fake one. both should be from your area.
Identify the place where the 5 major components/ingredients/parts do, or may, come from?
Create your own map (primary source - BOLTSS) showing the place of origin of the major components/ingredients/parts.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Identify the Main Parts of iPhone 5. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 24, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Identify_the_Main_Parts_of_iPhone_5
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Identify the Main Parts of iPhone 5." VisiHow, visihow.com/Identify_the_Main_Parts_of_iPhone_5 Accessed 24 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Identify the Main Parts of iPhone 5." Accessed Mar 24, 2017. http://visihow.com/Identify_the_Main_Parts_of_iPhone_5.
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: Eng, JEPH, Charmed