Identify Signs a Guy Has a Secret Girlfriend
Edited by Vanessa Alexandra Avisado, Anonymous, Lynn, Eng and 6 others
Finding a date in today's fast-paced world is challenging enough, without the complication of hooking up with a guy who seems to have another girl on the side. Girls have to be more cautious when choosing the guys they will be in a relationship with, because there are men who like to play around, and you might not be the only he is referring to when he changes his status to "In a relationship".
In your heart of hearts, you know you are much more into the relationship than he is, but now you are beginning to think someone else is in the picture as well. If you start to have nagging doubts about him, and recognize things that might indicate he has a secret girlfriend, here are some red flags to look out for.
- 1He never takes you to places where his friends might be.Advertisement
- 3He never takes you to his place.
- 5He has never introduced you to his friends, family or his co-workers, or people.
- 6In his wallet, he keeps pictures of his former girlfriend.
- 7His cell phone is strictly off limits.
- 8Neither your pictures nor pictures of the two of you together make it to his Facebook page.
- 9There's not a trace of you with him anywhere.There's nothing on Facebook or Twitter, or anywhere that the two of you were ever together. It's as if he does not want any evidence that he has a life with you. Be careful if this is how your guy is because he may not really be your guy after all, and unwittingly, you may be the 'other woman'.
- 10He cancels dates with lame excuses.Cancelling on dates and giving poor excuses is a sign that not all is well with the relationship, especially if this is compounded by your total ignorance of his workplace, and the circles he moves in.
- 11Being with him seems a lot like time-sharing.You are only able to see him or spend time with him Fridays, or Saturdays or Sundays" never the whole weekend, and always according to a pre-arranged time. You also never see each other during the week, or if you do it is only late in the evening, or only for lunch in some out-of-the-way restaurant. He never sleeps over and you never stay at his place, often, you haven't seen his place. All these signs may mean not only that he has a secret girlfriend; he may actually have a wife, making you the secret girlfriend.
- 12His female relatives don't live with him, but his bathroom has feminine hygiene products in the drawers.That is definitely not a good sign. Even if he doesn't have a female living with him you know that these products imply a certain amount of intimacy. This should be another red flag for you.
- 13You find things at his place and in his car that are not yours, but they definitely belong to a woman.Women drop things and leave things behind like magazines, and earrings. If you find stuff like that in his car or his house then there must be another woman visiting aside from you.
- 14He needs privacy for certain calls.Most of the time if his phone rings, he'll simply answer it and talk even when you are around. There are calls, however, that he seems to need privacy for. He'll go where you can't hear him, or he'll angle his body so you can't see what he is texting. Often, there are calls he ignores. If you have been telling yourself you are just being controlling or paranoid, you can stop it right there. This is suspicious behavior and deserving of a big red flag.Advertisement
- 1 Tips and Warnings
- 2 Questions and Answers
- 2.1 Do all guys have that secret girlfriend?
- 2.2 Should I keep my phone blocked from my cheating ex-boyfriend?
- 2.3 I was just looking at your site cause I don't want to be a secret?
- 2.4 How do I really know if he is single or married?
- 2.5 How to make a good long distance relationship without breaking believe to each other?
- 2.6 What should I do, tell him I know or just walk away silent?
- 2.7 What does it mean when he ignores you, keeps his distance from you and pushes you away?
- 2.8 Hi I invite this guy to my place for supper, this is the second time his cell rings. He looks at it. Sends the message to that person?
- 2.9 Wanted to know if husband has a girlfriend?
- 2.10 Do you have a girlfriend?you are so sexy...especially with glasses. so you cheat on your girlfriend because there are so many women around you?
- 3 Comments
Tips and Warnings
If you suspect your boyfriend has a secret girlfriend, you owe it to yourself to clear the air and find out where you stand. It's true that finding a date is a challenge these days, and finding a boyfriend is even more difficult. If he has another girlfriend on the sly, you shouldn't waste your time on him. Another term for this would be "cheating". Get cracking and look for someone else!
Questions and Answers
Do all guys have that secret girlfriend?
No, not every guy has a secret girlfriend. Theoretically, there are men who cheat and there are some who are faithful to their girlfriends or spouses. Men cheat for a number of reasons - there are men who just get caught up with the moment while some have become experts in the art of deception. It is really difficult to deal with guys who womanize or have secret and illicit affairs because someone is bound to get hurt in the process, and it usually isn't him. The devastation and damage left in the wake of this kind of self-centered, narcissistic man is unconscionable In fact, every person, both women, all women, any children" everyone involved with this manipulative man is adversely affected. The good news is that there are guys who are still worth your trust. Love is a risk; or so they say. However, when it comes to relationships, you must always weigh your decisions based on facts and not get caught up with the raw, crazy emotions of being in love.
Should I keep my phone blocked from my cheating ex-boyfriend?
I just found out I may have been my ex's secret girlfriend for three years. I left him last week and am very devastated by it. He was STILL texting and calling even though I found out he is now living with the other woman. I don't get what he wants from me. I've blocked his number but almost have this need to see what he wants? Should I keep it blocked?
Keep it blocked. He is living with another woman and you were his side dish for 3 years. That means that he has become extremely comfortable with cheating and if you do go back to him, he will just keep continuing his cheating ways. If he continues to contact you, you can send him a text stating that if he does not stop you will go after a no contact court order which would involve the woman he was living with. Trust me he will stop then because he does not want to be forced out of that relationship or he would have left years ago when he met you.
I was just looking at your site cause I don't want to be a secret?
I met a guy and he doesn't like to really talk about his past. He hasn't even told anyone about us and he has moved out of state to be with me but just confused why he doesn't say he is with me to anyone. Here he has no problem cause he doesn't know anyone. He even tells people that he is in a different state.. I know he tells people lies and was doing it to me as well but is working on that issue and he lies to his friends and family around me and the girls on his date site. I know he doesn't like talking about his past and wants to erase it and I do like him for him. I really don't know much about him. I know he is not with anyone else and claims his wife has passed. I am not sure really on details of his life and really can't get a straight answer cause he wants to put it in the past. Heck his mom doesn't even know where he really Is.. Reminding you we are in our 40s. I am lost on the situation.. I'd love to meet his kids but I know that will not happen except for the newest adult child he just found. so many lies and I feel like a secret of course he says I am not and his mom would just give us hell.. I don't believe this.. I am a smart woman however I really like the way he makes me feel and don't want to lose that feeling.. Its so different than any of my other relationships..
The issues you are facing, all have massive red flags. Have you done an online search of his and his wife's name to see if there was at least an obituary for her? There are guys that say their wife has passed away to avoid the fact that they are cheating but in fact their wife is maintaining their home in the other state, unaware that anything is even wrong because he told her he needs to work out of state for a while. He does not want to introduce you to his family, yet made the move to another state to be with you. He is hiding something big! Perhaps he is with you shortly after his wife passed away and wants to give his children and mother time to grieve before he introduces you, but he could have just told you that. Now he wants to introduce you to a child that he did not raise and does not know much about his former life with his wife and children. Be wary of all of this and demand that he man up and introduce you to at least his mother or he needs to leave and the relationship is over. You are not young people worried about parental approval but established adults in your 40s!
How do I really know if he is single or married?
I just had red flags comments and I'm floored. I am dating a man who is a lead security officer and seems to always be busy and only have time for me at night, never during the day time date time, always says he is at work and can't answer his phone when I call him. I have tried: Don't know what exactly you are asking here. I tried to trust him. Tried to listen to him not lying to me. I think it was caused by: I was too vulnerable
If you are seeing red flags already then it is time to move on. He seems to not have time for you which means that either he has someone already or he is just not that into you. There are people who have high demanding jobs yet still make what little time they have to spend with their significant other. Back off contacting him to see if he starts to pay more attention to you. Regardless of the red flags, if you start a relationship with him then expect to be alone most of the time with him so career focused. If you can settle for that then wait for him to start contacting you.
How to make a good long distance relationship without breaking believe to each other?
1. We suspect one another. 2. Always disappointed to one another. 3. day by day more time consumption and reduce productivity. 4. I feel unhappy because of her
If both of you have feelings for each other then go ahead and make some decisions. Sometimes it's necessary to take next step in a relationship that's how both of you can find happiness. Talk to her and discuss problems with possible solutions. There needs to be an established point of trust or else this will never work. Especially since you both can't be in one location at the same time.
Here are some VisiHow articles on Long Distance Relationships:
- Make a Long Distance Relationship Work
- Make a Long Distance Relationship Work for You
- Make Your Girlfriend Miss You in a Long-Distance Relationship
What should I do, tell him I know or just walk away silent?
My boyfriend has another girlfriend, she lives in another state. I found that out a year ago, but I kept seeing him. I am not sure if he has met her face to face. He has blocked me from Facebook, and will not allow me on his phone. His birthday was yesterday, I had decided 2 weeks ago to leave him after his birthday, without saying a word... I have tried: I haven't said a word to him, I thought it would pass.I have watched them, became friends with her on another profile.. I started to write her about this, but I didn't. I think it was caused by: Nothing, its about him.. not me nor that other woman..
You are doing the right thing by breaking this off. He has kept someone else in his life for more than a year that lives in another state. There are some serious trust issues with that. You could contact the other woman and I personally would if I was in your situation. Not to be confrontational but more to let her know that you both wasted a year or more of your life on someone who can't commit to one person. Perhaps they had an agreement that they could see other people while they were apart but either way it is not fair to you to stay with someone who keeps another person on the side.
What does it mean when he ignores you, keeps his distance from you and pushes you away?
Like being on the phone all the time and taking off all the time. I have tried: Talking to him. I think it was caused by: Everyone accusing him
Emotional distance can be caused by several factors but it is a sign that there is trouble up ahead in the relationship. Be upfront and ask him if there is something wrong. He might be having issues with how serious the relationship is getting. There might be work issues or perhaps he is feeling comfortable enough in the relationship now to just be himself. Give him some distances for a period of time to see if he takes some action in contacting you.
Hi I invite this guy to my place for supper, this is the second time his cell rings. He looks at it. Sends the message to that person?
What should I do? Do you think he is seeing someone else. He never says he is sorry about the phone call. We go out on a date, and he walks behind me, never with me. I have tried: I have gone to the park with him. and to the zoo. and he walks behind me. I think he is scared people will see me with him. I think it was caused by: I think he has a girlfriend, and he wants another woman on the side
To know for sure, make up an excuse to go to his place. Someone who does not want to be seen in public with you has a reason for avoiding being near you. Maybe he is just shy or does not know how to interact properly in a social setting but this is a red flag that something is up. He is taking you to public places which tells you that he is trying to make an effort but perhaps it is misguided. Keep your guard up!
Wanted to know if husband has a girlfriend?
Sleeps on the couch, leaves without stating where he is going, or will say he's going to his friend's neighbor house! Uses the guest bathroom for hygiene purposes, etc.
So if you are married and you husband starts sleeping on the couch then you are right to have warning bells going off. Is there previous emotional strife between the two of you? Perhaps financial or family conflicts causing drama? It is time to suggest marital counseling either with a professional or your pastor. If you want to save this marriage then you will have to prepare to fight for it immediately.
Do you have a girlfriend?you are so sexy...especially with glasses. so you cheat on your girlfriend because there are so many women around you?
You are so sexy...especially with glasses. so you cheat on your girlfriend because there are so many women around you?. I have tried: I don't know why this should be a problem. I think it was caused by: This is no problem. you are perfect of who you are
Just because there are members of the opposite sex around you all the time is not a reason to cheat. You are right in saying that people need to value themselves but that also means that they will have self respect and dignity.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Relationships
Recent edits by: naks, tct, Amarie44