Edited by amiir, Gunslinger, Eng, Smitt and 9 others
- 1 Questions and Answers
- 1.1 Need to open ports 123, 500, and 4500 on my NetGear router?
- 1.2 Opening ports on Netgear N750 D6000?
- 1.3 I can not get my two ports 27015 and 42303 to open. Need them open for a game. primal hunter. have XFINITY modem and Netgear router?
- 1.4 I have an internet station where people log in to voice track shows, so the port I need to reopen just won't reopen.. Why?
- 1.5 How to open ports on net gear r 7000 router?
- 1.6 How do I add multiple UDP & TCP ports forwarding address under the same "service name" in my Netgenie app?
- 1.7 I have a Netgear router and a Seagate server, I want to open port 80?
- 1.8 How can I totally open TCP Port 10001?
- 1.9 I need to open a port so my calendar server can be accessed by computers in our office in another city?
- 1.10 PS4 and Netgear Nighthawk AC1900?
- 1.11 How do I open ports 1080 to 1092 on my Netgear router for my Samsung Blu-ray player?
- 1.12 Yes please, help me about my router if you can help me I will be very thankful?
- 1.13 How do I open port 3074, this is the port call of duty blackops 3 tries to use on my ps4 how do I open it?
- 1.14 Need open port TCP: UDP For TP LINKS Modem Router?
- 1.15 Comcast was not working so they had me disconnect Netgear then they rebooted and I reconnected my router using the port with the circle and now my WiFi does not exist, all lights appear to be on but when I look for my WiFi name and it is not there?
- 1.16 How to get two Xbones to have open net on a local network?
- 1.17 I have a problem with my gaming console port forawrding with my netgear n600 router?
- 2 Comments
Questions and Answers
Need to open ports 123, 500, and 4500 on my NetGear router?
Recently switched to T-Mobile cell service and they provided me with a personal signal booster to increase my office coverage. The device is trying to turn on and boot up via the NetGear router and is being blocked. I've been instructed to open ports 123, 500, and 4500 on the router, and they should be "opened" not "forwarded". How do I accomplish this?
You need to allow the IP of the booster in the NetGear router for the ports to be "open" for it. The IP will be your router's DHCP settings. The ports must also not be "reserved" for other devices/functions. Port Forwarding and Open are the same term. Some NetGear routers come with these ports open by default. Your only issue is probably that the DHCP settings need to be allowed.
Opening ports on Netgear N750 D6000?
I need to open certain ports but cannot figure this out. I can figure out how to forward ports, but this is only good for one device being connected. Being that I have two devices accessing the same ports at the same time, I need these to be open at all times. I am figuring that port triggering will not allow this either?
This YouTube Tutorial shows you how to assign two devices to an open port. It is not difficult and you just need to do some tweaking with NAT.
I can not get my two ports 27015 and 42303 to open. Need them open for a game. primal hunter. have XFINITY modem and Netgear router?
Netgear router and XFINITY modem must have two ports open for primal hunter. 27015 and 42303. I have tried: Went into router admin and advanced port forwarding and added a connection to port forward both ports. I think it was caused by: Did not work, game does not show them open
You also will need to have a public IP. This requires you to ask for your IP to be made public through your internet provider. Port 8766 also needs to be open so configure that first to see if the game then works. Instead of port 42303 try port 32303 as well.
I have an internet station where people log in to voice track shows, so the port I need to reopen just won't reopen.. Why?
I need a open port on my Netgear router.. it reset and now I can't get it to open up again. internet station and people log in to it shows.. SO what could be keeping it closed. I checked antivirus, then I checked firewall to allow program to function, it still won't work..
You need to configure a Static IP on your router for it to remain open at all times. Since you need this to remain open all the time for internet traffic, consider installing Simple Port Forwarding to help keep the port open.
See more questions like this: Websites can't detect my port?
How to open ports on net gear r 7000 router?
Having online gaming problems and they are telling me I may need to open ports on my router
You will see in this YouTube Tutorial how to set up the port forwarding for a NetGear r7000. It is pretty simple and the instructions are the same within the VisiHow article title Open Ports on a Netgear Router.
How do I add multiple UDP & TCP ports forwarding address under the same "service name" in my Netgenie app?
I need to open the following UDP port forwarding addresses: 3659, 9565, 9570, 9000-9999, 17499-17500, 25595-25510
But when I try to enter them under the "server name" it says I am not allowed to port forward under the same name. Can you please help?
- 1Select ADVANCED.
- 2Go to Advanced Setup and then Port Forwarding/Port Triggering.
- 3Choose Port Forwarding as the service type the select Add Custom Service.
- 4In the Service Name field, enter a descriptive name.
- 5Choose TCP/UDP.
- 6Enter the starting port number in the Starting Point box.
- 7Put the final number from the range in the Ending Port box.
- 8Now in the Server IP Address field, enter the IP address of your local computer that will provide this service.
- 9Click Apply.
I have a Netgear router and a Seagate server, I want to open port 80?
I am trying to set up port 80 on my wireless router to log in remotely to my Seagate NAS drive. I had set up my NAS in advance option port forwarding but when I go to "canyouseeme.org" it tells me port 80 is blocked. I think it is a firewall issue but can't find a firewall setting on Netgear.
Set a Port Forward of 0.0.0.0. Especially if Comcast is your internet provider. You can read about setting up firewalls in a NetGear router here.
See more questions like this: I have a prob on my wd3400, it doesn't open port for me?
How can I totally open TCP Port 10001?
I want to open the port for connection to my game which is lagging because of this. I did set my router and firewall already to allow connection for Port 10001 but still it is not working. The port is still not connected.
Here are some possible solutions:
- 1Set your Port Forwarding to Always or Set Schedule.
- 2Have External IP Address set to 0.0.0.0.
- 3You will need a Static and Public IP address.
- 4Not all ports can be opened on a router.Some are strictly uses as "share" ports.
- 5Watch this YouTube Tutorial on troubleshooting Port Failure.
I need to open a port so my calendar server can be accessed by computers in our office in another city?
I need to open port 4000 so my calendar server can be accessed by computers in our office in another city. I have tried: Gone to your website
The VisiHow article on this page explains in detail the steps you need to take to open your ports for your calendar server. You will need to also configure the firewalls for the other office location to access remotely.
PS4 and Netgear Nighthawk AC1900?
Hi, can't get the PS4 to connect to the internet via LAN. My old ASUS RT-Ac66u did not require any special config. Seems this router does. Are we talking port forwarding now and if so is there a good article for setup of that, such as do I have to forward every port?. I have tried: Wireless and it works but it's super slow (8.4mbps down, 486kbps up). I have a 10MB connection so this should be way faster which is why I want a direct LAN.. I think it was caused by: New router
You are probably using a Crossover cable for the LAN. A PC can adjust this cable but the PS4 can not. Also, in Network Settings you will need to reset for LAN instead of WiFi. Manually assign a static IP for the PS4 within the DCHP of your router. Update your Nighthawk router to the latest firmware.
How do I open ports 1080 to 1092 on my Netgear router for my Samsung Blu-ray player?
Netgear N600 Wireless Dual Band router. I have tried: Called Samsung, who told me to get the Blu-ray connected to the internet again, I would need to open those ports on the router. Called my ISP, Charter, but they said they could not log into my router because it was a private purchase. Called Netgear, but they want to charge me a lot of money.. I think it was caused by: According to Samsung, ISPs recently changed what ports are open.
This YouTube Tutorial shows you how to open your NetGear ports for the DVD player. You might also want to consider getting a Samsung Wireless Adapter for the player if it is not capable of wireless connectivity. Before you configure your router, update the software. Then you can begin the process of opening the ports.
See more questions like this: How can I open Netgear port for ps4 in order to pLAY ONLINE GAMING?
Yes please, help me about my router if you can help me I will be very thankful?
I want to play company of heroes with game ranger, and the error is not symmetric
This YouTube Tutorial shows you how to install GameRanger and set the program up for Company of Heroes. Port Forwarding is explained in the VisiHow article on this page. You can also watch one of the several videos posted about opening a port or troubleshooting port issues.
How do I open port 3074, this is the port call of duty blackops 3 tries to use on my ps4 how do I open it?
How do I open port 3074 for ps4 to play call of duty black ops 3 so I won't have lag. I have tried: Really haven't, all I have done is give my ps4 a static address. I think it was caused by: Lack of tech knowledge
In addition to opening port 3074, open port 3075. On some NetGear routers, the port does not open unless you open 3075 as well. Adjust the firewall settings and begin the process.
Need open port TCP: UDP For TP LINKS Modem Router?
TCP : 80, 443, 6667-6668, 15000-15500, 50009-50010 . UDP : 16000-17000. Modem TP Links Archer D2. Setting like this:. Interface Name:pppoe_0_35_0_d. Application: . Dialpad. . View Existing Applications. Triggering Port: ______ (XX). Triggering Protocol:TCP/UDP/ALL. External Port: ______________(XX or XX-XX or XX,XX-XX). External Protocol: TCP/UDP/ALL. I have tried: So many, no idea. I think it was caused by: I don't know
Your settings are correct for port forwarding. Please contact TP Link for customer support. The only thing to try first is to create a static IP if you have not done so already.
Comcast was not working so they had me disconnect Netgear then they rebooted and I reconnected my router using the port with the circle and now my WiFi does not exist, all lights appear to be on but when I look for my WiFi name and it is not there?
Comcast was not working so they had me disconnect Netgear then they rebooted and I reconnected my router using the port with the circle and now my WiFi does not exist, all lights appear to be on but when I look for my WiFi name and it is not there. I have tried: I have tried all ports with no change and there is still an issue with Comcast home security no longer connected to network
- 1Go to [Router Manager http://www.routerlogin.com]
- 3Run the Setup Wizard for your router.
- 4Sync all previously operational devices connected to the router.
How to get two Xbones to have open net on a local network?
We've been trying to figure out how to use port triggering to make both Xbox's have open net but can't get it to work right, suggestions?. I have tried: We've tried opening the routers port forwarding/triggering advanced option and adding services for the ports MS support said where needed for destiny on the ONE. As well as contacted our ISP to have them open the same ports.
Your router will need to be able to support UPnP. The best way to set this up for both Xboxes is to use a [Virtual DD WRT router. You will need a PC with 2 network cards for this to work and Microsoft's Hyper-V. Once you hear back from your ISP then you can begin the process.
The reason for the Virtual DD-WRT is that some games only use one port. Other times, your Xboxes will fail communication. It also eliminates constantly updating the settings depending on a game.
I have a problem with my gaming console port forawrding with my netgear n600 router?
For some reason when I go to port forward my Xbox it wants me to put in an ip address and I can't figure out how to add new ports
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Networking
Recent edits by: Inukshuk, Maria, leigh12345