Edited by Rob, Dougie-1, Lisapkny, Eng and 10 others
Questions and Answers
How can I unlock my S5 without losing data if I forgot my password?
I forgot my password and want to unlock my phone without losing all my info
Resetting an Android device password can be difficult and confusing. However, there are many ways to unlock your phone. If your Samsung Galaxy S5 is connected to the Internet, you can use your Google account to reset the password. By using this method you won't lose any of your data.
If you forgot your Google account password, follow the steps below on your computer to reset your Google account password:
- 1Turn on your PC.
- 2On your desktop, open a web browser.
- 4Once you're on the page, select 'I don't know my password'.
- 5Enter your email address.
- 6Click on 'Continue'.
- 7You'll be asked some questions to verify your identity. These steps are unique for each user.Follow the Google instructions to reset your password.
- 8When you complete the steps, a new window will open.
- 9Enter your new password.
- 10Congratulations, your password is reset.
Now follow the steps below on your Samsung GS5 to unlock it:
- 1On your phone lock screen, tap on 'Forgot Password?'.
- 2Enter your Google email address and password.
- 3Follow the Google instructions to unlock your phone.
- 4Once the process is finished, you will be asked to enter a new password for your phone.
- 5Your Android device is unlocked.
Another way to unlock your Samsung Galaxy is by using the 'Screen Lock Bypass Pro' app. This app requires an Internet connection, and it costs ,20. In order to install and use this app to unlock your device, read our other VisiHow article on how to unlock an Android device with the Screen Lock Bypass Pro app.
Also keep in mind, once you reset your password, write it down on a piece of paper so you won't have this problem again. Alternatively you can read the main article to try other methods. You can reach this article by clicking on the title of this Q&A page or the link below the article summary.
Hello, I need to delete the encrypted password on my Note4?
When I decided to add my company email they required me to encrypt my email, so if the phone should be lost, they had the ability to delete all information on my phone, I have recently deleted that Google email account, but I still have to use my unlock password to get my phone to work.. I have tried: I have gone into settings, general, security, and of course now that I'm doing this, I can't see the part where it says to change security pin, I have a feeling that the company may need to do this remotely
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Why is it just showing downloading on my S2?
When I go to factory reset it, it gets stuck, not frozen but stuck on downloading with the Android guy!
- 1The problem is that the volume-down, power, and home buttons will get your device into the download mode, which is for flashing ROMs.
- 2To enter the recovery mode, press and hold volume-up, volume-down, and power buttons.
- 3Release only the power button when the Samsung logotype appears.
- 4Release all of the buttons when you see the recovery menu.
- 5Use volume buttons to scroll down and up and the power button to select items.
- 6Select "wipe data/factory reset".
- 7Select "Yes -- delete all user data".
- 8Select "reboot system now".
More questions and answers on this topic can be found here: I revoked access to my phone and then moved on to the next step. it says, at the bottom of the page there is a link to generate an application specific password ill use to unlock my phone. Where is the link? on my phone? This page, or another link
Categories : General Android Mobiles & Tablets
Recent edits by: Maria, vc, dreamboyselva