Edited by kikko, Calob Horton
Questions and Answers
I cannot find the app for the Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 in the Samsung Apps application. I'm trying to pair with Gear Manager. How do I pair my phone with my Samsung Galaxy Gear 2?
I cannot find the app and I attempt to slide the charger on the back of the phone to obtain the Bluetooth number and nothing works.
The Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 does not have its own application in the Samsung Apps application store. Instead, when you open the Samsung Apps store, you will need to search for "Gear Manager." Follow the easy steps below to quickly find the Gear Manager so you can use your Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 with your Samsung Galaxy Note3:
- 1Press your Samsung Galaxy Note3's Home button.
- 2Tap the Apps icon, which looks like a grid and is located in the lower right-hand corner of your display.
- 3Scroll to and tap on the Samsung Apps icon.
- 4Once the application is opened, search for "Gear Manager." Alternatively, tap this link on your phone to be brought directly to the correct application.
- 5Install it.
- 6Open it once it's installed and follow the instructions.
Your Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 should now be connected properly to your Samsung Galaxy Note3. If you're still experiencing issues, restart both of your devices and try the Gear Manager application's instructions again. Any further issues are indicative of a hardware problem with one of your devices, so you will need to contact Samsung's customer support service to further troubleshoot your hardware and, if necessary, schedule a repair or replacement for one of your devices. Depending on your warranty status and the severity of the issue, you may or may not need to pay for the repairs or replacement.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: kikko