VisiHow the Wiki Farmer Contest
Edited by Eng
Growing wiki crops can be profitable. Become a wiki farmer, and grow your wikis and earn prize money! Grow a wiki by 50% and you get a $5 prize. Double a wiki's traffic and you get another $5 prize. Each month the person with the wiki that grew in traffic the most gets $100 bonus! Further prizes to be announced for further growth... (We plan to expand this contest)
- 1Claim a wiki to work on by posting in the discussion page:"Wiki Growing Project: Claimed by WhoElse 17:13, 16 April 2014 (UTC)" The four tildes will automatically post your details, including a date/time stamp. Its a neat trick.Advertisement
- 2You are allowed to make sub-wikis.Sub=wikis count towards one wiki so don't think you have to write everything as a stub! For example: "Educational video games" wiki could link out to:Advertisement
- video games to increase eye hand coordination
- video games to develop math skills
- video games to develop spelling abilities
- video games to learn history
- 3As long as the theme is directly related you can count them as towards one wiki.
- 4Any inbound link building MUST be approved by Robbi first.She will write a quality link building guide to help you for those who wish to pursue this avenue to help boost their articles.Advertisement
Growing a wiki Resources
- Manage and Grow a Topic Area as a Category Editor
- Doug's Saturday Morning with the Trending Report
- Use queries.php tool to improve your HowTo wikis
- If you want to ping me regarding title suggestions that I think are poised for rapid growth ping me on my talk page Doug Collins 16:28, 29 November 2013 (UTC)]]
- I often snoop around in the early morning EST and I will post newly found wikis that are about to rapidly expand on my talk page too.
- Happy Wiki Farming!
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Author Help