Edited by Eng, VisiHow
Questions and Answers
Using cmd, how can we unhide files in pen drive hidden by virus
- 1You can do that by following all of the steps from the tutorial.
- 2If you still cannot see your files, then they are either deleted or the virus has disabled the function to show hidden files.
- 3If files were deleted, then you should use a file restoration tool like Recuva.
- 4Scan your flash drive for deleted files and restore them if necessary.
- 5Alternatively, check your antivirus for the "Quarantine" directory where your files might be stored.Restoring them is not recommended, as they are infected.
- 6If a virus force-hides your files, then you need to either install or run an antivirus like Avira.Run a full system scan and reboot your computer after it has been finished.
- 7Then, install and run an anti-malware program like Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.Run a full system scan and reboot your PC.
- 8Then, press the Windows key.
- 9Type "regedit".Press "Enter".
- 10Navigate to the following location:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Advanced
- 11Click "Advanced".
- 12Right-click "Hidden" and select "Modify..." or right-click an empty space on the right pane and select "New" and "DWORD (32-bit) Value".Name it "Hidden".
- 13Set the value for "Hidden" to "1" to show hidden files, folders, and drives.
- 14Right-click "ShowSupperHidden" and select "Modify..." or right-click an empty space on the right pane and select "New" and "DWORD (32-bit) Value".Name it "ShowSuperHidden".
- 15Set the value for "ShowSupperHidden" to "1" to show hidden files, folders, and drives.
- 16Reboot your computer.The files should be visible.
When I scan my pen drive all my data are hidden, how to show it and work properly, please. I have tried: Nothing. I think it was caused by: Virus
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : Windows
Recent edits by: Eng