Edited by Anonymous, VisiHow, priyanka, Eng
Questions and Answers
How to uncheck show notifications for software update?
The check box is pale and will not let me select to uncheck the box. I have tried: Google play services, Google services framework
For security reasons, your device wants to get updated and sometimes nags you about it. Removing this notification is not too easy, but you can attempt to do the following procedure. This procedure will delete the downloaded update and might let you disable notifications.
- 1Power down your S4.
- 2Take out the battery for a minute and put it back.
- 3Press and hold volume-up, home, and power buttons simultaneously until the menu appears.
- 4Use the volume buttons to navigate and the power button to select items.
- 5Select "wipe cache partition".
- 6Select "reboot system now".
- 7Now, try to tap on "Force stop" and disable "show notifications" for your phone in Software Update.
If that did not work, only rooting your device will help.
- 1To root your device, use KingRoot.
- 2Download and install Titanium Backup.
- 3Launch Titanium Backup.
- 4Freeze "FWUpgrade.apk" and "SDM.apk".You can do that in the "Backup/restore" function by tapping the applications.
- 6Launch the root file manager.
- 7Rename the following files:"/etc/security/otacerts.zip" to "otacerts.zip.bak" and "/system/app/wssyncmlnps.apk" to "wssyncmlnps.apk.bak"
- 8Reboot your device.
I have received a software update, I want to cancel the software update forever?
I have received a software update, where can I cancel the software update forever
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : Tech
Recent edits by: priyanka, VisiHow, Anonymous