Edited by Anonymous, Alma, Eng
- 1 Questions and Answers
- 1.1 How to sing 2 to 3 hours without hurting your voice?
- 1.2 What kind of food should I eat to open up my voice as a singer?
- 1.3 Does taking lemon and pepper affects a singers voice?
- 1.4 I want to be singer. My voice is not sweet. What thing I should do daily in order to make my voice sweet?
- 1.5 Do singers throw up on purpose before they sing?
- 1.6 How can one sing from the belly when your voice box is not in your belly?
- 1.7 Ways to expand and sing high songs and tricks to heal ones voice?
- 1.8 Singers need warm liquids to sing,what drinks can I have in the morning if not coffee?
- 1.9 What homeopathic remedies can a singer used to get his voice in throat in shape when he's being affected by allergies?
- 2 Comments
Questions and Answers
How to sing 2 to 3 hours without hurting your voice?
You can sing 2-3 hours without hurting your voice. All you need to do is, keep a bottle of hot water along with you all the while. Also, use your vocal cords less at the times that you aren't singing.
You should ensure you have properly warmed up. That involves various sounds and noises you can make, usually repeating consonant sounds or certain notes. Also make sure that you have been thoroughly practicing and warming up your voice for a couple weeks prior to a long singing session. Also for a day or two prior ensure you are properly hydrated and haven't done anything to mess with your throat. These things can include but are not limited to dairy products,acidic drinks, smoking, and alcohol.
What kind of food should I eat to open up my voice as a singer?
A type of food that will help you in order to open up your vocal chords will be wheat and grain products for it will help to clear out mucus and other obstructions from the throat. The bread will help you to slide the food down easily to clear obstructions.
The kind of food that you should eat to open up your voice as a singer are those foods that will not damage your voice like fruits, but the citrus fruits are not included since it has acid and will make your throat dry. Avoid those foods that are sweet and spicy. Avoid those cold and sweet drinks. And lastly avoid drinking alcoholic drinks. And the most important drink for a singer is a warm water. You can also drink Lemon tea with honey to soothe your throat.
See more questions like this: What kind of food can I take to make my voice so soft as I sing
Does taking lemon and pepper affects a singers voice?
Taking lemons and pepper is good for your voice or for singers voice because it strengthens your diaphragm and lungs muscles. Here is how you take lemons and pepper for your voice by creating a special lemonade:
- The ingredients you need to create this special lemonade are 2 tbsp of lemon juice, 2 tbsp of honey (you can also use maple syrup), 1/2 tbsp of pepper and a warm or hot water.
- In your warm or hot water, put all the ingredients and stir it. Now you have your special lemonade for your voice. (Not before performance)?
I want to be singer. My voice is not sweet. What thing I should do daily in order to make my voice sweet?
If you want to become a singer but your voice is not sweet, you need to practice daily. You have to learn the proper way of singing and how to breathe properly. You also have to learn how to take care of your vocal cord. Do not drink or eat foods that are harmful to your vocal cords. If you are smoking, you need to quit smoking.
Just continue practicing and you will attain the sweet voice that you are dreaming of.
Do singers throw up on purpose before they sing?
No, singers do not throw up purposely before they sing. If ever you have seen some who have thrown up on stage, it is not on purpose.
Throwing up can strain your vocal cord. The acid is not good for your voice, as you have learned in this article. You cannot drink acidic drinks and foods before singing. So, if you throw up, your throat will produce sticky mucus and you will need to clear it up.
Therefore, it is not a good idea to throw up on purpose before singing.
How can one sing from the belly when your voice box is not in your belly?
"Sing from your belly" Is a term used to describe singing from your diaphragm. It will allow for a much clearer and louder sound then normal ways of speaking. One exercise is to breathe in as deeply as you can and push your stomach out while doing it. Now exhale and pull your stomach back in, keeping your shoulders still. This is breathing from your diaphragm. Once you have learned to breathe from your diaphragm, you should practice this and while exhaling try to count numbers as high as you can. Try your best to count slowly and evenly, this will give you a good guide on how much you are improving your diaphragm each time you practice. These are the first steps to learning how to sing from your diaphragm. Just practice and you will eventually do it without thinking.
Ways to expand and sing high songs and tricks to heal ones voice?
Here's some ways to expand and helps you sing high notes:
- Deep Breathing Exercises. Deep breathing exercises effectively enhances your lung capacity allowing you to sustain your voice more longer. A simple deep breathing exercise is to deeply inhale enough air to fill your lungs and slowly exhale and repeat this process 10 to 15 times twice a day.
- Voice Warm Up. Daily warming up your voice is also an effective way to increase your vocal range. To do a voice warm up, sing a song naturally then sing it to the lowest notes and high notes then back again to the regular notes of the song. Do this several times daily to improve the range of your voice.
- Practice Singing High Notes. The proper way to practice singing high notes is to start first singing on your middle voice range and slowly increase your voice range bit by bit then back again to your middle voice range. In doing this method, careful not to strain your voice and always hydrate yourself with fluids to keep your vocal folds moist.
Here's some tricks or remedies to heal ones voice:
- Voice Rest. Resting your voice is the best way to heal your damaged voice. Two to three days complete voice rest will effectively heals hoarseness of voice and improves the quality of voice.
- Hydration. Increasing your fluid intake up to 10 glasses a day will help you maintain the moisture environment of your throat minimizing the swelling and effectively soothes your throat.
- Herbal Teas. Natural herbal teas contains antioxidants, essential minerals and improves the blood vessels of your throat facilitating faster voice healing. A good herbal tea is the ginger tea combined with a tablespoon of honey. Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties and the honey have antibacterial properties and effectively soothes the throat.
The tips provided above are some of the most common ways to increase a vocal range allowing a person to sing high notes and the best tricks to heal a person's voice.
Singers need warm liquids to sing,what drinks can I have in the morning if not coffee?
Yes, you are right. Singers need warm liquids in order for them to sing properly. Warm liquids effectively moistens and soothes the dry throat in the morning preparing your throat for vocal exercises. Coffee is not advisable to singers because coffee contains caffeine which dehydrates the body and the throat leading to hoarseness of voice. The best warm drinks that singers can drink in the morning are herbal teas like ginseng tea, onion tea, chamomile tea, ginger tea, honey and lemon tea or other natural herbal teas. Herbal teas are common natural remedies for singers to improve their voices because of their various medicinal properties which effectively loosens mucus secretions, decongests nasal passages, moistens dry and irritated throats, lessens bacterial growth in the throat (because of their natural antibacterial properties), improves blood circulation and reduces the swollen vocal cords. On the other hand, liquids that you should avoid taking are alcoholic drinks because it dries the throat, dairy products because they promote thick mucus secretions, caffeinated drinks and carbonated drinks which irritates the throat and induces gastric reflux. In general, drinking warm herbal teas in the morning are the best drinks that you can drink to effectively soothe and enhance your singing voice.
What homeopathic remedies can a singer used to get his voice in throat in shape when he's being affected by allergies?
Allergies can trigger excessive mucous production which make it difficult for singers to belt out a tune.
- Restrict your diet. To avoid too much gunk, you should eliminate or reduce intake of caffeine, tea, spicy foods, citrus,chocolates, and dairy products which may be extra harmful to those who have hypersensitivity in these food items. These food and beverages can cause irritation and dryness in your throat to exacerbate your allergy symptoms.
- Avoid alcoholic drinks and smoking cigarettes. Allergies are also most often triggered by certain unhealthy lifestyle factors which can further aggravate your symptoms because it can cause acid reflux and throat or nasal irritation which affects your vocal quality. It is wise to stop these harmful vices altogether not just for your vocal cords but for overall health - yours and other people as well.
- Drink more water. It is important to keep yourself hydrated especially during vocal performances. This will keep your vocal folds moist and healthy. Warm water is recommended and avoid extremely hot or cold servings of water which can constrict your vocal cords.
- Drink herbal teas. Slippery elm and licorice tea with honey can soothe the throat, calm the nerves, and get you ready for that vocal performance.
- Gargles. You can prepare 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda or salt with water as gargling solution to help reduce throat irritation brought about by certain allergies.
- Use antihistamines. Oral antihistamines such as Singulair and Claritin are most recommended for its efficacy and safety.
- Use zinc lozenges. One of the best lozenges to use is Zicam. It's cherry-flavored and helps you prevent bouts with cough and cold especially during allergy seasons.
- Petroleum jelly. Apply Vaseline petroleum jelly on your nose to prevent catching allergens such as dust and pollens.
More singers are said to outlive non-singers because of the health direction singers take to achieve or maintain a good voice which benefits one's health over the long haul.
Categories : Voice Lessons & Tips
Recent edits by: Alma, Anonymous