Edited by Alma, Eng, rashid_areesha12, Maria and 2 others
- 1 Questions and Answers
- 1.1 How can one sing from the belly when your voice box is not in your belly?
- 1.2 Ways to expand and sing high songs and tricks to heal ones voice?
- 1.3 Singers need warm liquids to sing, what drinks can I have in the morning if not coffee?
- 1.4 What homeopathic remedies can a singer used to get his voice in throat in shape when he's being affected by allergies?
- 1.5 Hey can you tell me some breathing exercise for the morning? I think my breathing control is not good?
- 2 Comments
Questions and Answers
How can one sing from the belly when your voice box is not in your belly?
"Sing from your belly" Is a term used to describe singing from your diaphragm. It will allow for a much clearer and louder sound then normal ways of speaking. One exercise is to breathe in as deeply as you can and push your stomach out while doing it. Now exhale and pull your stomach back in, keeping your shoulders still. This is breathing from your diaphragm. Once you have learned to breathe from your diaphragm, you should practice this and while exhaling try to count numbers as high as you can. Try your best to count slowly and evenly, this will give you a good guide on how much you are improving your diaphragm each time you practice. These are the first steps to learning how to sing from your diaphragm. Just practice and you will eventually do it without thinking.
Ways to expand and sing high songs and tricks to heal ones voice?
Here's some ways to expand and helps you sing high notes:
- Deep Breathing Exercises. Deep breathing exercises effectively enhances your lung capacity allowing you to sustain your voice more longer. A simple deep breathing exercise is to deeply inhale enough air to fill your lungs and slowly exhale and repeat this process 10 to 15 times twice a day.
- Voice Warm Up. Daily warming up your voice is also an effective way to increase your vocal range. To do a voice warm up, sing a song naturally then sing it to the lowest notes and high notes then back again to the regular notes of the song. Do this several times daily to improve the range of your voice.
- Practice Singing High Notes. The proper way to practice singing high notes is to start first singing on your middle voice range and slowly increase your voice range bit by bit then back again to your middle voice range. In doing this method, careful not to strain your voice and always hydrate yourself with fluids to keep your vocal folds moist.
Here's some tricks or remedies to heal ones voice:
- Voice Rest. Resting your voice is the best way to heal your damaged voice. Two to three days complete voice rest will effectively heals hoarseness of voice and improves the quality of voice.
- Hydration. Increasing your fluid intake up to 10 glasses a day will help you maintain the moisture environment of your throat minimizing the swelling and effectively soothes your throat.
- Herbal Teas. Natural herbal teas contains antioxidants, essential minerals and improves the blood vessels of your throat facilitating faster voice healing. A good herbal tea is the ginger tea combined with a tablespoon of honey. Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties and the honey have antibacterial properties and effectively soothes the throat.
The tips provided above are some of the most common ways to increase a vocal range allowing a person to sing high notes and the best tricks to heal a person's voice.
Singers need warm liquids to sing, what drinks can I have in the morning if not coffee?
Yes, you are right. Singers need warm liquids in order for them to sing properly. Warm liquids effectively moistens and soothes the dry throat in the morning preparing your throat for vocal exercises. Coffee is not advisable to singers because coffee contains caffeine which dehydrates the body and the throat leading to hoarseness of voice. The best warm drinks that singers can drink in the morning are herbal teas like ginseng tea, onion tea, chamomile tea, ginger tea, honey and lemon tea or other natural herbal teas. Herbal teas are common natural remedies for singers to improve their voices because of their various medicinal properties which effectively loosens mucus secretions, decongests nasal passages, moistens dry and irritated throats, lessens bacterial growth in the throat (because of their natural antibacterial properties), improves blood circulation and reduces the swollen vocal cords. On the other hand, liquids that you should avoid taking are alcoholic drinks because it dries the throat, dairy products because they promote thick mucus secretions, caffeinated drinks and carbonated drinks which irritates the throat and induces gastric reflux. In general, drinking warm herbal teas in the morning are the best drinks that you can drink to effectively soothe and enhance your singing voice.
What homeopathic remedies can a singer used to get his voice in throat in shape when he's being affected by allergies?
Allergies can trigger excessive mucous production which make it difficult for singers to belt out a tune.
- Restrict your diet. To avoid too much gunk, you should eliminate or reduce intake of caffeine, tea, spicy foods, citrus,chocolates, and dairy products which may be extra harmful to those who have hypersensitivity in these food items. These food and beverages can cause irritation and dryness in your throat to exacerbate your allergy symptoms.
- Avoid alcoholic drinks and smoking cigarettes. Allergies are also most often triggered by certain unhealthy lifestyle factors which can further aggravate your symptoms because it can cause acid reflux and throat or nasal irritation which affects your vocal quality. It is wise to stop these harmful vices altogether not just for your vocal cords but for overall health - yours and other people as well.
- Drink more water. It is important to keep yourself hydrated especially during vocal performances. This will keep your vocal folds moist and healthy. Warm water is recommended and avoid extremely hot or cold servings of water which can constrict your vocal cords.
- Drink herbal teas. Slippery elm and licorice tea with honey can soothe the throat, calm the nerves, and get you ready for that vocal performance.
- Gargles. You can prepare 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda or salt with water as gargling solution to help reduce throat irritation brought about by certain allergies.
- Use antihistamines. Oral antihistamines such as Singulair and Claritin are most recommended for its efficacy and safety.
- Use zinc lozenges. One of the best lozenges to use is Zicam. It's cherry-flavored and helps you prevent bouts with cough and cold especially during allergy seasons.
- Petroleum jelly. Apply Vaseline petroleum jelly on your nose to prevent catching allergens such as dust and pollens.
More singers are said to outlive non-singers because of the health direction singers take to achieve or maintain a good voice which benefits one's health over the long haul.
More questions and answers on this topic can be found here: I want to be a singer but my voice is awful. What can I do
Hey can you tell me some breathing exercise for the morning? I think my breathing control is not good?
Hey I think my singing is so bad I can't even sing for 30 minutes can you give me advice or can I drink cold drink or normal temperature water while singing. Can you tell us a breathing exercise to do it in the morning it also help us in improve over singing? I have tried: Nothing actually its nothing special just I want to impress my friends, I just don't know much can you please help me I am in trouble. I think it was caused by: Improve my singing then I became a singer can you please help me? I am in trouble, I have to sing for my BFF's birthday party the song pillow talk because that's her favorite song, but I am not pretty much good in that her birthday is on 30th please help me I want to improve my singing
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : Voice Lessons & Tips
Recent edits by: Jay, Maria, rashid_areesha12