Edited by Eng, Maria, Alma
Questions and Answers
How to set up port forwarding for my Netgear router?
I am trying to setup port forwarding for my Netgear router so I can access my router remotely.
- 1Login to the Netgear router on a computer that is on the routers network.
- 2Go to Advanced.
- 3Then either Remote Management or Advanced Setup and then Remote Management.
- 4Select Turn Remote Management On and click Apply.
- 5An address will appear which you will want to copy this down on a piece of paper to be able to paste into your internet browser.
- 6Logout of that computer.
- 7Go to the computer you wish to enable to work remotely on and put the http address you saved into the internet browser.
- 8Login to the router the same way you did on the other computer.
I have a Netgear router, getting error when trying to 'port forward' for a game?
Trying to play a game that needs open port for server.... I have tried: Tried tutorials online top open port from 'netgear genie' site, still getting an error saying my ports are not open. Allowed Windows firewall for the program also.. I think it was caused by: Unsure, tried on 2 laptops, still not working
Netgear has listed several ways to game through the router. Go through them and see which one works for you. It may be that you can only find one option that works and this is why there are several options to do so.
I'm having a problem with my camera stopped working?
Can't see it on my phone anymore. I think it was caused by: My electricity went out
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : Networking
Recent edits by: Maria, Eng