Edited by Melsan, Maria, Alma, dawnbonjovi1981 and 8 others
- 1 Questions and Answers
- 1.1 How to reset a Digital2 Tablet?
- 1.2 I need the software, I lost the CD?
- 1.3 Digital 2 9 inch won't go past digital screen and I can reset to original factory settings but still won't come on after reboot. What do I do?
- 1.4 How can I reset my Digital 2 Tablet?
- 1.5 My Digital 2 Tablet won't go past the Digital 2 screen. I only have turned it on only 5 times since I got it in march. What can I do?
- 1.6 Hi I have digital 2 Tablet and it is now is pattern lock?
- 1.7 My Digital 2 Tablet will not load up. When I turn it on it just stays at the loading screen. How do I reset it?
- 1.8 I need help with a Digital 2 Tablet?
- 1.9 How do I get to the home screen?
- 1.10 COMO RESTAURAR TABLETA DIGITAL2 CON EL FIRMWARE D2-1105_GMS.IMG?
- 1.11 I have Live Suite installed and my Android D2 hooked up. What next?
- 1.12 When it powers up it says Android System Recovery (3e) and gives me 6 options. I don't know which I should select?
- 1.13 Granddaughter is locked out of her Android 2 Tablet, which only has a power ON button. How do we reset her password?
- 1.14 Installing line drivers for MTP device?
- 1.15 I have a digital 2 Tablet and the battery went dead. I went to charge it and it stays on the loading screen. I got it to work twice but when I turned it off it got stuck on the loading screen again.
- 2 Comments
Questions and Answers
How to reset a Digital2 Tablet?
How do you reset a locked Digital2 Tablet
Due to popular demand, we've put together a comprehensive guide that shows you how to factory reset any D2 Tablet. To use the guide, follow these steps:
- 1Follow the link provided above, to the D2 guide.
- 2Locate the image of your Digital2 Tablet.
- 3Click the link to that Tablet.
- 4Follow the reset instructions.
Did you know that some Digital tablets or D2 require you to have a computer to reset the Tablet it self. Not all Android devices uses the same procedure to perform a Hard Reset by pressing some buttons. The steps provided above should help you, but if they don't, you can try the steps below as well.
The steps for the reset of Digital Tablet 2 is by re installing the original firmware which is still equivalent to reset at some point.
Here are the steps to reset a Digital 2 or D2 Tablet:
1. Install the PC LiveSuit that came in the package of your phone. It is a very small CD that you can run it on your CD drive to install it.
2. After the installation of the said software. Look for the folder where it has been saved. Once you found the folder, simply look for the executable file then run to install it. It should be named as LiveSuit.exe
3. Once you run the installation on your computer. Click yes on the installation menu then select Mandatory from the list and hit next to continue the installation.
4. Click finish after the installation then double check the firmware if it's in the folder from where you ran the Live suit. Look for the file name of D2-1105_GMS.img which refers to the original firmware of your Android unit.
5. After the installation of the LiveSuit. Just grab your Android's USB cord that came in the package and plug it in your computer to where you install the LiveSuit.
6. On your Tablet, look for a tiny button next to the Micro USB port. Simply press and hold that button. While you are hold the button you pressed, connect the Micro USB to your phone and to your computer. Make sure that is securely plugin to your computer and its not being loosen
7. Continue holding the button and go back to your computer and check if there is a pop up on screen. Once there is a pop up on screen just click yes and next for the update and wait for the installation to be done. If it does not show up a pop up menu on your computer screen, just unplug and try another USB port.
8. Once the update has been done. Observe the Tablet screen and it will reboot and start up like a brand new Tablet when you first purchase it. Do the same stuff as before when configuring the Tablet and enjoy.
You can try and look for a reset button or hole. Press that by using a paperclip or any sharp object that can press the hole. If there is none, you will need to send the tab to an accredited repair shop so they can reflash the Tablet to its factory setting.
See more questions like this: I've forgotten my unlock password on my EE Jay Tablet?
I need the software, I lost the CD?
I lost the CD for the software to reset my digital 2
You don't actually need any software to reset your Digital 2 Tablet. To do a Hard Reset and put the Tablet back in its original factory state, go into the Tablet's Settings>backup and reset and then hit the Factory Data Reset option. This will erase all your previously stored user data.
If that doesn't work for you, you can still contact Digital 2 for further support. Their toll free number is 1-888-863-0138, Monday to Friday 7am to 5:30pm Pacific Standard time.
Digital 2 9 inch won't go past digital screen and I can reset to original factory settings but still won't come on after reboot. What do I do?
My Digital2 9 inch Tablet won't go past the D2 logo screen, and won't come on after I reboot or reset.
There is a big possibility that there is something wrong with your device's software or hardware that it cannot reset itself properly anymore. The best solution here is to seek help from a technician from your service center (your device's) so that they can fix the problem for you. This has happened to me once and they would have to reflash your device's operating system with a new one (probably a better version).
How can I reset my Digital 2 Tablet?
I put a password on it but I have NO volume buttons and I really need help :)
Usually, if the volume button does not work, you may try pressing the power button and menu button at the same time. If this still does not work, you may want to try pressing the power button alone for a long time until you see your computer restarting completely.
More questions and answers on this topic can be found here: How do I reset a digital 2 Tablet
My Digital 2 Tablet won't go past the Digital 2 screen. I only have turned it on only 5 times since I got it in march. What can I do?
I can I get it to turn on, I only have turn it on 5 times, and it was not charged for a while.
This means the battery is not charged enough to be able to do a full startup of your device. If you have left the Tablet without charge for a period of time, you may have to just leave it plugged for a few hours first in order for it to regain power before you try to turn it on again. This usually happens when the device is fully drained.
Hi I have digital 2 Tablet and it is now is pattern lock?
Please help me what should I do?
You need to be connected to the internet in order to regain access. You will use your Gmail account to login to your device. Upon registration, they will usually ask for your Gmail account and that is the specific account that you can use if you are trying to enter because of pattern lock. The process is relatively easy to follow.
My Digital 2 Tablet will not load up. When I turn it on it just stays at the loading screen. How do I reset it?
The Tablet volume buttons are on screen so I do not know how to reset it.
Since the D2 models don't use standard Android builds, like the Nexus, or HTC tablets do, you will need to perform additional steps. In your case, you will most likely need to download a third part tool to your computer, and then plug in your Digital2 tab to factory rest it. We have written a comprehensive guide explaining how to download the software to factory restore your D2. Simply reference the beginning of this guide for a link to that article.
See more questions like this: How do I reset my tablet? Also, the screen turned purple
I need help with a Digital 2 Tablet?
Digital 2 Tablet won't boot up. It just stays on the Digital2 screen.
Unfortunately, you will need to factory restore your Digital2 Tablet. Visit the how to linked at the beginning of this wiki, find your model, click the link, and follow the steps to reset your device.
See more questions like this: I need firmware for digital2 Tablet model D2-961 MP
How do I get to the home screen?
A friend used my Tablet and when she gave it back, I couldn't see the options on the bottom of the screen for things like "home" or "screenshot" or even "volume". What gives?
You should be able to restart your device, and then see these settings. If not, try to swipe to open your menu options, and update them from there.
COMO RESTAURAR TABLETA DIGITAL2 CON EL FIRMWARE D2-1105_GMS.IMG?
HELP COMO RESTAURAR TABLETA DIGITAL2?
See more questions like this: Can You tell me how to change my D2 Tablet back to English
I have Live Suite installed and my Android D2 hooked up. What next?
I am toggling between this screen and that.
We've provided links to all of the steps for managing and installing LiveSuit, and performing a factory restore of your Android Tablet in our guide on how to use LiveSuit to restore a Digital2 Tablet. Please visit the beginning of this Q&A for that solution.
When it powers up it says Android System Recovery (3e) and gives me 6 options. I don't know which I should select?
I says: 1: Reboot system now, 2: apply update from ADB, 3: apply update from SD card, 4: wipe data/Factory Reset, 5: wipe cache partition, and 6: wipe media partition.
This will delete all data from your device, but should not modify any data on your SD memory card. Usually it's best to take your SD card out just in case.
- 1Using your 'Volume Down' button, scroll to option 4, 'wipe data/Factory Reset'.
- 2Press 'Power' to select the 'wipe data/Factory Reset' option.
- 3Using your 'Volume Down' button, scroll to 'Yes - delete all user data'.
- 4Using your 'Power' button, select the 'Yes - delete all user data' option.
- 5Wait a few minutes while your Digital2 Tablet completes the Factory Reset, and you should be able to use it again.
- For additional help, or steps specific to your device, please read our comprehensive guide to resetting any Digital2 Tablet, linked at the beginning of this Q&A.
Granddaughter is locked out of her Android 2 Tablet, which only has a power ON button. How do we reset her password?
In this case, you will need to locate your device on our guide to resetting Digital2 Tablets, and then follow the steps to install LiveSuit on your computer, which will let you reset your device. If you have one of the devices supported for password resets, you can also follow the link in that guide to attempt a password reset. Note that this also requires access to a PC. You can find a link to this guide at the beginning of this Q&A.
Installing line drivers for MTP device?
Digital2 sent free from Bose with a sound system purchased. Only 2 weeks old. Power on brings up battery status, then Digital2 Icon for a few seconds then nothing, then Digital2 Icon again and freezes on Icon. Have pushed reset button. Computer error message says it can't find the line drivers to install. Model # not on Tablet anywhere. S/N is G713GBK1311.
Called customer service number 4x (888 863-0138). I was put on hold with music for up to 24 minutes and then dropped, dial tone, or just empty space. Not sure what else to do; if you can't help, I'll return it and my 0. Bose Sound System back to Bose. Thanks.
Please reference the link at the beginning of this Q&A, where you will find steps to reset your Digital2 Tab.
I have a digital 2 Tablet and the battery went dead. I went to charge it and it stays on the loading screen. I got it to work twice but when I turned it off it got stuck on the loading screen again.
Is there a permanent fix for this? Does it happen a lot? My pad is a Digital2 9 inch deluxe. A tech told me to get an update because they said that is what it needed.
You can get an update for your D2 Tablet by following the link at the beginning of this Q&A, and selecting your D2 9" model from the list. That will take you to the steps you need to follow in order to update your Digital2 Tab.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : General Android Mobiles & Tablets
Recent edits by: Eng, greer85, wormman