Edited by Melsan, Maria, Alma, dawnbonjovi1981 and 9 others
- 1 Questions and Answers
- 1.1 Digital 2 9 inch won't go past digital screen and I can reset to original factory settings but still won't come on after reboot. What do I do?
- 1.2 I have a digital 2 Tablet and the battery went dead. I went to charge it and it stays on the loading screen. I got it to work twice but when I turned it off it got stuck on the loading screen again.
- 1.3 How to reset a Digital2 Tablet?
- 1.4 I have Live Suite installed and my Android D2 hooked up. What next?
- 1.5 Installing line drivers for MTP device?
- 1.6 I need the software, I lost the CD?
- 2 Comments
Questions and Answers
Digital 2 9 inch won't go past digital screen and I can reset to original factory settings but still won't come on after reboot. What do I do?
My Digital2 9 inch Tablet won't go past the D2 logo screen, and won't come on after I reboot or reset.
There is a big possibility that there is something wrong with your device's software or hardware that it cannot reset itself properly anymore. The best solution here is to seek help from a technician from your service center (your device's) so that they can fix the problem for you. This has happened to me once and they would have to reflash your device's operating system with a new one (probably a better version).
See more questions like this: How can I get into my locked tablet if Google account won't accept my information, please help me
See more questions like this: Hi my son locked his tablet, he forgot his pin number, how can we get back in
See more questions like this: Broken screen problems. My LCD is broken on my Note3 and I need my pictures. The glass and display on my Galaxy Nexus broke, and I forgot to back up my photos. The screen went blank on my Note3: a new phone is being shipped, but I want to recover the exis
I have a digital 2 Tablet and the battery went dead. I went to charge it and it stays on the loading screen. I got it to work twice but when I turned it off it got stuck on the loading screen again.
Is there a permanent fix for this? Does it happen a lot? My pad is a Digital2 9 inch deluxe. A tech told me to get an update because they said that is what it needed.
You can get an update for your D2 Tablet by following the link at the beginning of this Q&A, and selecting your D2 9" model from the list. That will take you to the steps you need to follow in order to update your Digital2 Tab.
How to reset a Digital2 Tablet?
How do you reset a locked Digital2 Tablet
Due to popular demand, we've put together a comprehensive guide that shows you how to factory reset any D2 Tablet. To use the guide, follow these steps:
- 1Follow the link provided above, to the D2 guide.
- 2Locate the image of your Digital2 Tablet.
- 3Click the link to that Tablet.
- 4Follow the reset instructions.
Did you know that some Digital tablets or D2 require you to have a computer to reset the Tablet it self. Not all Android devices uses the same procedure to perform a Hard Reset by pressing some buttons. The steps provided above should help you, but if they don't, you can try the steps below as well.
The steps for the reset of Digital Tablet 2 is by re installing the original firmware which is still equivalent to reset at some point.
Here are the steps to reset a Digital 2 or D2 Tablet:
1. Install the PC LiveSuit that came in the package of your phone. It is a very small CD that you can run it on your CD drive to install it.
2. After the installation of the said software. Look for the folder where it has been saved. Once you found the folder, simply look for the executable file then run to install it. It should be named as LiveSuit.exe
3. Once you run the installation on your computer. Click yes on the installation menu then select Mandatory from the list and hit next to continue the installation.
4. Click finish after the installation then double check the firmware if it's in the folder from where you ran the Live suit. Look for the file name of D2-1105_GMS.img which refers to the original firmware of your Android unit.
5. After the installation of the LiveSuit. Just grab your Android's USB cord that came in the package and plug it in your computer to where you install the LiveSuit.
6. On your Tablet, look for a tiny button next to the Micro USB port. Simply press and hold that button. While you are hold the button you pressed, connect the Micro USB to your phone and to your computer. Make sure that is securely plugin to your computer and its not being loosen
7. Continue holding the button and go back to your computer and check if there is a pop up on screen. Once there is a pop up on screen just click yes and next for the update and wait for the installation to be done. If it does not show up a pop up menu on your computer screen, just unplug and try another USB port.
8. Once the update has been done. Observe the Tablet screen and it will reboot and start up like a brand new Tablet when you first purchase it. Do the same stuff as before when configuring the Tablet and enjoy.
You can try and look for a reset button or hole. Press that by using a paperclip or any sharp object that can press the hole. If there is none, you will need to send the tab to an accredited repair shop so they can reflash the Tablet to its factory setting.
I have Live Suite installed and my Android D2 hooked up. What next?
I am toggling between this screen and that.
We've provided links to all of the steps for managing and installing LiveSuit, and performing a factory restore of your Android Tablet in our guide on how to use LiveSuit to restore a Digital2 Tablet. Please visit the beginning of this Q&A for that solution.
Installing line drivers for MTP device?
Digital2 sent free from Bose with a sound system purchased. Only 2 weeks old. Power on brings up battery status, then Digital2 Icon for a few seconds then nothing, then Digital2 Icon again and freezes on Icon. Have pushed reset button. Computer error message says it can't find the line drivers to install. Model # not on Tablet anywhere. S/N is G713GBK1311.
Called customer service number 4x (888 863-0138). I was put on hold with music for up to 24 minutes and then dropped, dial tone, or just empty space. Not sure what else to do; if you can't help, I'll return it and my 0. Bose Sound System back to Bose. Thanks.
Please reference the link at the beginning of this Q&A, where you will find steps to reset your Digital2 Tab.
I need the software, I lost the CD?
I lost the CD for the software to reset my digital 2
You don't actually need any software to reset your Digital 2 Tablet. To do a Hard Reset and put the Tablet back in its original factory state, go into the Tablet's Settings>backup and reset and then hit the Factory Data Reset option. This will erase all your previously stored user data.
If that doesn't work for you, you can still contact Digital 2 for further support. Their toll free number is 1-888-863-0138, Monday to Friday 7am to 5:30pm Pacific Standard time.
Categories : General Android Mobiles & Tablets
Recent edits by: prasad1999, Eng, greer85