Edited by Maria, Dougie-1, Dougie, Codesa8 and 24 others
- 1 Questions and Answers
- 1.1 How to remove pattern lock without losing data?
- 1.2 How to remove pattern lock without resetting?
- 1.3 How can I access my Droid Razr without wiping my device?
- 1.4 Unable to find the link to Gmail account in order to unlock my Tecno phone Camon C9 phone?
- 1.5 I want to unlock my Qtab q120. Writing is in Chinese, I can't understand?
- 1.6 How can I find the password on my daughter's new RCA 10.1 Tablet without losing data or pictures?
- 1.7 What does FTM mean on my ZTTE zMAX T-Mobile?
- 1.8 I have an LG phone with two more attempts to use the password. How do I get past this without losing my pictures?
- 1.9 I have a Sony Aqua but can't remember my pattern. Holding the start button and volume doesn't work?
- 1.10 Locked out of a tablet, with an app called ice unlock?
- 2 Comments
Questions and Answers
How to remove pattern lock without losing data?
I don't have an internet connection and my phone is not detected in Windows Explorer.
If you don't have an internet connection and your phone is not detected by your computer, your only option is to perform a Factory Reset. This will, unfortunately, delete all of your data but this is the only way you can unlock your Tablet. To learn how to perform a Factory Reset, read this VisiHow article.
See more questions like this: I forgot my pattern! I'm using Moto E2, how to recover without data loss
How to remove pattern lock without resetting?
How can I remove the pattern lock on my Android tablet without resetting it? I do not have any Gmail account associated with my device.
Unfortunately, there is no way to unlock a Tablet if it's not associated with a Google account. Thus, your only option is to Hard Reset your Tablet in order to unlock it. Keep in mind; hard resetting an Android device will erase all of its content.
Follow the steps below to Hard Reset your Tablet:
- 1Turn your device off.
- 2Press and hold the volume down and power button simultaneously.
- 3When your phone turns back on, release the buttons.
- 4Now you should be in recovery mode, where you can scroll up and down using the volume buttons.
- 5Scroll to 'Factory data reset' and select it by quickly pressing the power button.
- 6You should now see a popup asking you whether you're sure you want to erase everything or not.
- 7Confirm the popup to proceed.
- 8Do not press buttons or try to turn your device off during this time. Especially do not remove the battery, as you could damage your device, rendering it unusable.Wait until the tablet is reset.
- 9Once the process is completed, your Tablet will be unlocked.
- 10You should now be able to use your device again.
If you need more help resetting your Android Tablet, or if you have any difficulties performing these steps, let us know in the Q&A section.
How can I access my Droid Razr without wiping my device?
This is my old phone that recently broke, the screen cracked. When I got it repaired I couldn't get past the lock screen because I ran out of attempts on the pattern, and it's not taking my Gmail account info
You will need to try one method before you will have to hard-reset the phone.
- 2Keep the phone turned off.Then put the microSD card back into the phone.
- 3Press and hold both the volume and the power buttons until the recovery mode appears.
- 4Select options with the volume-up button.Navigate with the volume-down button.
- 5Select "install zip" and apply the ZIP file from the microSD card.
- 6Select "reboot system now".
Hi, while I was trying to change my phone screen lock pattern on my Tecno phone Camon C9, I got distracted and forgot about the new screen pattern I had just entered. Since then, I've been making vain attempts to unlock my phone, through what was proposed to me on the web. I even tried many wrong patterns, hoping to catch the loop to the Gmail account where I would have been able to enter my data. But I'm not seeing anything while the phone is asking me to wait for 30 seconds before I could make more attempts. I feel very paralyzed because of that. I need help! I do not find the option about the Gmail account, although I do have one and registered my phone with it. I have tried: I tried the various options that were proposed, those apart from the reset mode. I do not want to loose any of my data. I have tried to make as many attempts on my screen lock, but could not remember the right one.
I did not even dare to try the one leading me to the factory reset. I think it was caused by: I was distracted while drawing various patterns, trying to see which one I would remember more than the other. and I clicked on the continue button without realizing it. It led me to the page Confirm your saved pattern but to no avail. I read about the option of Android Device Manager, but I had not yet installed it, so it could not help me
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
More questions and answers on this topic can be found here: I lost my Samsung S4 or 5 2 months ago
I want to unlock my Qtab q120. Writing is in Chinese, I can't understand?
I want to unlock my Qtab q120 and writing is in Chinese, I can't understand
As we are not sure what is happening on your screen, we can offer two solutions:
- hieroglyphs next to "eMMC" (hard-reset), the 7th option in the picture below;
- using an online translating tool. Navigate to http://ce.linedict.com/dict.html#/cnen/, click the pen icon at the top, and draw the hieroglyphs that you see one by one to form a phrase or words. This will help you to perform your next actions to unlock your smart device.
How can I find the password on my daughter's new RCA 10.1 Tablet without losing data or pictures?
My granddaughter has forgotten her password. She and my daughter put some special pictures on her new tablet but now we can't get on to recover them since she has forgotten the password. She is only 8 years old. We have tried everything, but when the device is turned on, we get no help at all. Please help. Thank you. When I turn on the Tablet It just shows the picture my granddaughter chose. I can finally get to the password page and try entering various words (at least 14 each time), but that is as far as it goes. It just turns off again. It doesn't give me any choice to reset the password. I have tried: I tried entering multiple words and numbers, but it doesn't give any options for continuing. I think it was caused by: My granddaughter changed the password several times and she cannot remember any of them. She is only 8.
If you never setup a Google Account on the Polaroid tablet, you will have to hard reset the device. You can do this with a paper clip or pin by pushing into the small hole on the back of the tablet. It may take pressing down for 30 seconds before the device restarts.
Once a device is locked, there is no way to reset the password to the lockscreen on a Polaroid tablet.
What does FTM mean on my ZTTE zMAX T-Mobile?
Forgot my password (pattern) from a ZTE zMAX T-Mobile
It means you are in Field Test Mode. Remove the battery from your ZTE for a few minutes and that should take you out of Field Test Mode by performing a soft reset.
I have an LG phone with two more attempts to use the password. How do I get past this without losing my pictures?
The phone isn't allowing me to enter the correct password.
- 2Log in with your Google credentials that you use for the LG smartphone.
- 3You may need to click the picture to select another device from the drop-down menu.As soon as the Web page opens, ascertain that your mobile smartphone is selected in the upper-left corner.
- 4Click "Lock".
- 5Enter a new password in "New password" and confirm it in the input box below.
- 6You may need to reboot your LG smartphone for that.Click "Lock" again and check your phone.
- 7If that did not help or you have no Internet connection, then copy this ZIP file to your microSD card.
- 8Turn off your phone.
- 9The key combination corresponds to the instructions on hard-resetting the smartphone, even though you are not going to erase data.Press the key combination to enter the recovery menu.
- 10Once in the recovery menu, select "apply from SD card", "install zip", or similar selections.
- 11Select the file that you have put onto the microSD card and apply the fix.
- 12This may help you override the password.Reboot your phone by selecting the first option in the recovery menu.
I have forgotten my pattern and unable to lock my phone. I've tried holding the start button and volume but nothing works. The phone is still locked and the volume just goes up and down. I would prefer not to have to reset the phone. I can't move anything to the SD card as the phone is locked. Vicious circle. The article states to hold the start and volume button together - It doesn't work. Is there an alternative?
You have to press and hold the Power button and Volume Up at the same time until the phone turns on and you enter Recovery Mode. From there, you will have to hard reset your device. You could have used your Google Account to unlock the device if you synced it previously. This appears as an option after several attempts with the wrong pin.
Locked out of a tablet, with an app called ice unlock?
I'm locked out of my tablet by an app called ice unlock, which I did not put on the device. How can I get it unlocked without factory reset its a pin number? I was hacked through my email accounts.
If you were hacked, you should hard reset the device. It is hard to determine if any malware will be left on the device without a hard reset. Hopefully, you changed all your email passwords but unless you synced your Google Account on your tablet before the lock out, you may have to use a Bypass Google FRP method to gain access again after the hard reset. You did not list what type of tablet you have, but there are numerous YouTube videos on bypassing FRP with major brand devices.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : General Android Mobiles & Tablets
Recent edits by: cheiying, vc, helpme22