Edited by Anonymous, Kaustav, Dougie, Nabin Thapa and 21 others
- 1 Questions and Answers
- 1.1 How to identify a fake Galaxy Note3 and an original one?
- 1.2 How can I know if the Galaxy mobile is fake or not?
- 1.3 I am from Nepal. My mobile is Genuine or Not?
- 1.4 I want to buy a Samsung Note3 so how can I find physically if it is genuine?
- 1.5 SHV-160l Note, is it original?
- 1.6 I don't know if my phone is real or fake?
- 1.7 I bought a Samsung Galaxy core2 but I doubt that it is a fake. I think dumped?
- 1.8 Actually I am buying a second hand Galaxy Note3?
- 1.9 How do identify original and Korean sets?
- 1.10 What are the qualities one can use to know that he\she is buying the main Samsung Galaxy?
- 1.11 How can I detect a cloned and a genuine?
- 1.12 Hello, I am trying to purchase a Samsung Galaxy Note3. I keep meeting different specifications, but not very sure what to go with. Kindly help me, send instructions on how to identify a genuine Note3 phone.
- 1.13 Sir, is Note one a good mobile from a study point of view?
- 1.14 Are the differences that obvious?
- 1.15 All these codes are working, but I can't realize?
- 1.16 Hi, please advise when running Samsung test mode using *#0*#?
- 1.17 I am trying to download a software, universal remote, but when I try to open it says it is not supported by the phone cause the is no IR?
- 1.18 Hi, I have a problem with my settings and camera, it is not so clear and I have very few settings?
- 1.19 WHEN I DIAL *#0673# NOTHING HAPPENS?
- 2 Comments
Questions and Answers
How to identify a fake Galaxy Note3 and an original one?
How to identify a fake Galaxy Note3 and an original one? I need some physical differences.
One of the easiest methods for determining whether you have an original Samsung Galaxy Note3, or an inexpensive fake, is by comparing the two. If you have a friend who already has a Galaxy Note3, you can take him or her with you to see the original device. If not, you can either take a photo of one with your existing mobile device, or visit your nearest Samsung store, and pick up one of the sales brochures on the device. They have great pictures of the Note3, and you can easily compare the two.
See more questions like this: How can I identify an original Galaxy Note3 from the fake one
How can I know if the Galaxy mobile is fake or not?
How can I tell if a Samsung Galaxy Note3 is real or just a fake?
There are a number of methods that you can use to identify a cloned Samsung Galaxy Note3. These methods include identifying the physical differences between a cloned and genuine phone, and observing the reports from codes and programs, which you can use to determine whether your Samsung Galaxy is fake or original.
There are many physical differences between a fake and original Samsung Galaxy Note3, including:
- 1Often a cloned phone is made of cheap and low quality materials.
- 2A cloned phone usually comes with a large discount.
- 3In most cases the vendor will not issue any warranty for a fake phone.
- 4A cloned phone screen is not as bright as a genuine phone screen.
- 5Sometimes the buttons on a cloned phone are not in the exact same spot as on a genuine device.
- 6The Samsung logo on a cloned Galaxy is not smoothed out, and you can feel it under your fingers.
These steps are just a few of the ways you can spot differences between a fake and original phone. You can learn more about the other methods in our main guide.
However, if you don't have access to a genuine Galaxy Note3, using the methods above can be confusing. As an alternative, you can use the Samsung phone or tab hardware codes, and the Samsung Kies program to identify your phone.
There are a number of codes that you can dial into your phone dial pad. If the device responds to your command, it's genuine, if not, it's probably a clone. Some of the most common codes include:
- 1Audio test mode:*#0673#
- 2Bluetooth address:*#232337#
- 3Device vibration and backlight test:*#*#0842#*#*
- 4Firmware version:*#1234#
- 5GPS test settings:*#*#1472365#*#*
- 6PDA, CSC, build time information:*#*#44336#*#*
- 7RAM version:*#*#3264#*#*
- 8Samsung test mode:*#0*#
- 9Service mode:*#*#197328640#*#*
- 10Software and hardware info:*#12580369#
- 11The IMEI code:*#06#
- 12Touch screen version:*#*#2663#*#*
- 13WLAN Mac address:*#232338#
Alternatively, you can use the Samsung Kies program to identify your Galaxy phone. You can also learn about this program in our main article, which can be accessed by clicking on the title of this Q&A page or the link below the article summary.
I am from Nepal. My mobile is Genuine or Not?
My device is Samsung Galaxy Win & I bought this device yesterday. information is bellow :
model no GT- I8552 , Android version 4.1.2 , baseband version I8552XXAMDB , kernel version 3.4.0-1293443 se.infra@R0301-07#1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Jul 2 23:38:12 KST2013 , build number JZO54K.I8552XXAMG1
I have bought this device because international memory (device memory) is just 1.48GB (total space). Other feature RAM - 845MB
Your phone is real and a Chinese version for Samsung.
I want to buy a Samsung Note3 so how can I find physically if it is genuine?
So how can I find physically if it is genuine
You can find complete steps for telling if your Samsung phone or Tablet is original by reading the full guide, which can be accessed by clicking the title of this Q&A.
We also have an entire section devoted to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. There, you can view a wide range of features, tips, and suggestions for device use, navigating screens and setting up the device, and performing any special operations you may want to enable on your Samsung mobile device.
See more questions like this: My Samsung note internal storage has stopped working?
SHV-160l Note, is it original?
Find original Note, how to identify original Galaxy Note
The Samsung SHV e160L was the original Samsung Note series. If you navigate to the beginning of our guide for determining whether your device is original or fake, by clicking the title of tho Q&A, you will be able to find a number of signs that will allow you to determine if your device is original or fake. Just make sure you click the option at the bottom of the intro to read the full article.
While you're there, take note of the other features on other Samsung devices, so that you'll be able to identify other fakes in the future, or help your friends identify fakes when they're shopping.
I don't know if my phone is real or fake?
I bought a Samsung Note3 from a shop without a warranty, so it seems my phone is fake. and did not responded to the codes that you people gave. I hope you could help me out
If not one of the codes worked, your Note3 is probably fake. Make sure that you are not forgetting to put the (#) symbol before and after the number sequence. When you pull out the S pen the bottom nub should be thin almost like a ballpoint pen tip. Hover over the screen and a small circle should appear, but the fake versions do not have a working S pen.
See more questions like this: Is it possible to find fake or real S4 by IMEI No.
I bought a Samsung Galaxy core2 but I doubt that it is a fake. I think dumped?
After buying the phone, when I start the phone it shows me Samsung Galaxy core2 and at the bottom like powered by Android, after that colorful Samsung come up surrounding it with a music in background. After that I go to settings to view Kitkat display it shows me a big K and when I touch there it shows me red background with Android and after that when touched a game starts on......... Help me out of this...... I'm having a big tension
That is an Easter Egg that Google put in the Kitkat versions. You can play the game but that is not the best way to tell if your phone is fake. Try some of the Samsung Codes because they should work. Based on what you have noted it is hard to determine if it is fake but because you have the Google Easter Egg the Galaxy Core 2 is probably real.
Actually I am buying a second hand Galaxy Note3?
So sir I am not getting a bill but I want to buy that phone, so sir please tell me how can I identify if the phone is original or fake. Korean
The first thing you can do is check the S Pen stylus. The fake clone versions pen has a wider Samsung imprint on the metal and the pen is not a push pen like the real Note3. If you have a chance, ask to boot up the phone and put some Samsung Codes in if you are still not sure if it is real or fake.
How do identify original and Korean sets?
Help me in Short details or a Codes
The Model numbers of real Samsung phones start with: International version would be GT-I**** Korean version would be SHW-M***or SHV-E*** US/Canada version would be SGH-**** Japanese version would be SC-***
For instance, my phone is a Note2 and the model number is found under Settings>More>About Phone and shows SGH-T889V. In your country, find out what the model number should be and check in the About Phone section. If you are buying the phone online, only buy from reputable dealers and ask for the IMEI number and a screenshot of the About Phone section.
See more questions like this: Note3 made in Korea witten behind mobile...is it original or Korean
What are the qualities one can use to know that he\she is buying the main Samsung Galaxy?
What are the qualities one can use to know that he\she is buying the main Samsung Galaxy
The qualities are listed in the VisiHow article on this page. The biggest things to look for are:
- 1Check at the top of the screen next to the Samsung logo there should be two dots.The fakes usually only have one.
- 2How wide is the glass because fakes have a thicker edging and less clear glass.
- 3The vibrancy of the screen when turned on should be clear and bright.
- 4Take a picture and look at the quality.The real Galaxy models should have a good pixel quality.
How can I detect a cloned and a genuine?
I'm planning to get a Note3 and its my first time, please I need your assistance
In addition to the recommendations from the article and other answers, when you are looking at a Note3 the fake will only have 1GB of RAM.
Hello, I am trying to purchase a Samsung Galaxy Note3. I keep meeting different specifications, but not very sure what to go with. Kindly help me, send instructions on how to identify a genuine Note3 phone.
The issue is that I am not able to tell what features to consider when buying a Galaxy Note3 phone. I am trying to purchase one. I kindly request you to help me, send me details on how can I differentiate a genuine Galaxy Note3 from a fake Samsung Galaxy Note3.
Go into Settings and look for the S Pen option. The fakes do not have the option to select in settings. You can see in this Youtube Tutorial there is definite differences in the fakes when you check the accessories in the box.
See more questions like this: Hi sir, can you help me with my Samsung Note3?
Sir, is Note one a good mobile from a study point of view?
Sir, is Note one a good mobile from a study point of view
The Note One is a dinosaur in 2016 but still a better phone than many non-Samsung phones out on the market. If you can get it at a good price and do not need a better camera such as one in the newer Samsung models then you will be satisfied with the phone.
Are the differences that obvious?
Samsung Galaxy Note3.I want to be able to tell the difference between the real and fake
The fake Note3 has a thicker backing and feels definitely plastic. It is also thicker than the real Note3. If you open up the phone it will say Samsung but the battery will not say Made in Korea.
All these codes are working, but I can't realize?
All these codes are working in my phone, but it is really cheap
Not all Samsung phones are made alike. There are cheaper versions of Samsung that do not have near the features of more popular Galaxy Models such as the Edge versions.
Hi, please advise when running Samsung test mode using *#0*#?
What should the response be on the phone when running these test.
A screen will appear with several blocks with names. The top is usually Red, Green, and Blue in gray buttons to check a color test. Below that there will be gray buttons for speakers and more functions. These buttons should be immediately responsive on a real Samsung device.
I am trying to download a software, universal remote, but when I try to open it says it is not supported by the phone cause the is no IR?
Infrared problem. Galaxy Note3
Hi, I have a problem with my settings and camera, it is not so clear and I have very few settings?
Camera is not taking clear pictures
- 1Having signs like unclear or bad-resolution camera and missing settings options is one of the signs of a cloned phone.Please go to the GSM Arena web site to compare Samsung Galaxy Note3 specifications with yours.
- You can check specifications of your phone by using a third-party application like Spec Device.
- 2You can check camera quality of the original phone at this location:Samsung GALAXY Note 3 camera quality.
- 3The S Pen must have a button that can be pressed.The tip of the S Pen can be thicker for clones. When you hover the S Pen over the screen, a circle must appear on the screen. Writing with it must be easy and smooth. The menu and back buttons can also be pressed with the S Pen.
- 4The back cover feels premium on the original phones, while clones have more plastic-looking covers.
- 5Boot up your phone.The model when booting up will be shown on the screen. A new phone has a wizard that helps you to set it up.
- 6Do not forget to double-check the tutorial.
WHEN I DIAL *#0673# NOTHING HAPPENS?
WHEN I DIAL *#0673# NOTHING HAPPENS, WHY?
This is the Audio Test. If nothing is happening with that code but all the other codes work, you may have an audio issue on the phone.
Categories : Tech
Recent edits by: VisiHow, IWantToKnowNow, berny