How to hide your pregnancy until you are ready to deal with it
Edited by Maelynn Kazar, Doug Collins, Eng, Nalu and 4 others
You know it all too well now. You should have listened to your parent's advice not to have sex before marriage. You were sixteen and curious about sex. One night you and your boyfriend go over to his house, and his parents won't be home until the next morning. He has the lights down low. He has lit candles. One minute you are sitting on the couch watching a movie and one thing lead to another and the next thing you know you are having sex. The next morning you wake up in his bedroom with stuff everywhere. You collect your things and go home. You weren't ready. You weren't prepared. A few weeks later, your breasts are tender, maybe you're a bit nauseous, and your period is late, so you buy a pregnancy test from the drugstore. You take the pregnancy test and snap, just like, your entire world changes - you're pregnant!
You don't want to tell him, or your parents, because they'll start asking questions you aren't ready to answer, and making comments you don't want to hear.
- How did this happen? (You're parents already know the answer to this question.)
- Didn't you use protection? (Maybe you did, maybe you didn't �" accidents happen.)
- We warned you. We told you again and again. (You already know this.)
- Can't you do anything right? (This question requires no reply.)
- Are you sure you're pregnant? (Uh huh.)
- I don't understand �" it was just once. (That's all it takes.)
- Is the baby mine? (Yes)
- Are you sure? (Again, yes.)
- I want a DNA test done when the baby is born!
You don't want to tell your parents because they'll get mad. Perhaps you're worried they'll kick you out of the house. You want to tell your best friend in the world, but your best friend has a big mouth and won't keep your secret. What are you going to do?
Some Suggestions On Keeping Your Secret For Awhile
- 1When your mom hears you throwing up every morning say it was something you had with breakfast.
- 2When people notice the bump in your stomach, tell them it's not real, or you're bloated from cramps.
- 3Your regular clothes won't fit anymore.Soon you will have to buy maternity clothes.
- 4Make sure that you don't go to your regular doctor, who probably knows your parents.Go to the doctor alone.
- 5Always have water and gum in your bag and/or purse and keep gum in your car at all times.
- 6Always wear slippers at home cause your feet are going to get big.
- 7When you're finally ready to tell everyone; start with your parents.
- Sit your parents down, take a deep breath, and tell them you're pregnant.
- Tell the father of the baby.
- Tell your best friend you're pregnant.
- 8Just be honest with everyone and face the music.You might be tempted to lie and tell your parent's you used a condom but don't.
- 9If he will marry you, and you think he will be a good father, get married right away with a small ceremony inviting only close friends and family.Tell the father that it is his baby and see if he is willing to marry you.
- 10It will work out fine. Go along with it because then everyone will feel everything is legit after a big wedding. Most people have short memories. Many people are forgiving because they had sex before marriage and just didn't become pregnant.If your parents want to throw you a big wedding don't argue.
The Devil's Advocate
On the other hand, hiding a pregnancy can be dangerous. There are other ways to deal with this scary situation. It is scary �" especially if you're very young. You do need to tell someone. Keeping a secret like this is unhealthy for you, making it unhealthy for the baby. People are a lot more understanding than you think, and may just surprise you. Most parents show their true and wonderful colors when you need them most. Allow them to help.
Getting married because you're pregnant, isn't an ideal way to start a life together. You don't want to be with someone because they feel obligated. Also…one big thing at a time. It might be best to focus on the baby, and growing this beautiful life inside you, rather than worrying about planning any kind of wedding. In your heart, and the eyes of your God, it doesn't change things much if you get married after you've become pregnant. If people want to talk �" let them talk. At least you're giving them some entertainment in their otherwise boring lives.
Some reasons hiding a pregnancy is not a good idea:
- 1If you're young, and can't see a doctor without a parent, you'll not be getting the proper care for you or your baby.First Doctor's Appointment at Six Weeks.
- 2Your parents can handle more than you think. Don't assume the worst, hope for the best from them.Believe in Your Parents.
- 3If something goes wrong with the pregnancy, and you aren't able to communicate with medical personnel, you might be endangering your life, and the life of your baby if they don't know you're pregnant, and can't figure out what's wrong with you.And If You're Hospitalized?
- 4A clinic, a friend who won't tell everyone, an aunt, a guidance counselor �" anyone. This is a big deal, and you really shouldn't deal with it alone.You need to talk to someone.
- 5The father of your baby has rights too. He should know what's going on. Give him the opportunity to accompany you to doctor's appointments, be there when you have the first ultrasound, etc. A young man who's engaged in the pregnancy from the beginning will be more invested during the pregnancy, and be a better father when the baby's born.A Father's Rights.
- Good luck and comment below if you have any questions about pregnancy, or preventing it.
- You will be really tired, especially in the second trimester, so get as much sleep as you can.
- Go baby shopping by yourself to keep it a secret until you are ready to tell everyone. Hide all the baby things where your parents never look.
- The above activity won't ever be as much fun as going with your Mom, or your best friend, or even the baby's father.
- If money is an issue, find out the gender of the baby so you know what to shop for.
- Many women won't tell anyone but those closest to them about the pregnancy until they get to three months. This is because if you are going to miscarry, it's most likely going to happen before you reach the end of your third month. For others, it's twelve weeks. This isn't because women are hiding their pregnancy; just they would rather not have to deal with everyone's comments if they do lose the baby.
- The Kid's Help Phone has wonderful RESOURCES FOR PREGNANT TEENS.
Questions and Answers
Want to hide my Pregnancy until I'm four months pregnant.
Is it possible to hide a pregnancy for four months?
It is possible to keep your pregnancy a secret up until four months. Depending on your body type you may not even show until after 6 months. Usually, in the first four months, your body can appear bloated or seem as if you are gaining some extra weight but that can be masked with clothing. Empire waistline shirts are perfect for hiding what is evolving with your body and are still in fashion.
Keep in mind, that morning sickness is harder to hide. You will also have frequent urination during the first trimester. Even though you are trying to keep this a secret you will still want to start prenatal check-ups with your physician and begin taking prenatal vitamins. Avoid caffeine or limit it and stay away from soft cheeses or foods like sushi.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
How to hide your pregnancy until you are ready to deal with it. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 28, 2017, from http://visihow.com/How_to_hide_your_pregnancy_until_you_are_ready_to_deal_with_it
MLA (Modern Language Association) "How to hide your pregnancy until you are ready to deal with it." VisiHow, visihow.com/How_to_hide_your_pregnancy_until_you_are_ready_to_deal_with_it Accessed 28 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "How to hide your pregnancy until you are ready to deal with it." Accessed May 28, 2017. http://visihow.com/How_to_hide_your_pregnancy_until_you_are_ready_to_deal_with_it.
Categories : Family
Recent edits by: Nuance, rexind, sahara