Edited by Jacob, Mattjs, Eng, Mohammad Assaf and 14 others
- 1 Questions and Answers
- 1.1 How to Hard Reset or fix my Polaroid tablet?
- 1.2 I am trying to do a hard restart on my Polaroid tablet M#PMID10c?
- 1.3 Real issue is every time I restart it, it goes back to default?
- 1.4 Unlike any computer I've ever used, the Polaroid Tablet does not have a "start" button?
- 1.5 How can I reset a Polaroid S7 Android tablets?
- 1.6 MY Polaroid is locked and I forgot my password and can not figure out what it is?
- 1.7 We're no longer able to gain access to the tablet?
- 1.8 Tablet is locked and I want to reset the tablet, how do I do it. I can't remember the pattern or email & password?
- 1.9 Hi, I made a few wrong patterns in my tab, now I can't login back with my pattern, my tab is disconnected from internet?
- 1.10 My tablet got sat on while on a cushioned chair this morning. The screen comes up when the power button is pushed, gray/black lines. The time shows up occasionally but appears backward. any help for this tablet
- 1.11 It doesn't do anything holding volume power or even both and home?
- 1.12 Polaroid won't turn on. Your page is now saying my question is too short. What would you like me to add, why have a details section if you want it all up here?
- 1.13 I can't get my Polaroid P900 to boot past the 1st "Polaroid Powered By Android" screen?
- 1.14 Touchscreen is not working properly - I replaced it myself?
- 1.15 Loading the system recovery menu?
- 1.16 Will you help me please, for the love of the Lord?
- 1.17 I did the power button/volume thing and then a picture of a dead robot with a red exclamation point coming out of his belly pops up. What do I do now?
- 1.18 Why won't the recovery screen show up on my tablet?
- 1.19 Is there a system reboot file available for the A1000x?
- 2 Referencing this Article
- 3 Comments
Questions and Answers
How to Hard Reset or fix my Polaroid tablet?
'My tablet froze, and I had to shut it down by holding the power button until it turned off. When I turned it back on, it just sits there trying to load, but it will not load. Now it is just stuck on the loading screen.'
Unfortunately, you must Hard Reset your Polaroid Tablet in order to fix this problem. This will erase all of your Tablet contents. This problem is usually caused by a software glitch and the only way to fix it is by formatting your device.
Follow the steps below to Hard Reset your Android Tablet:
- 1Turn of your Tablet by pressing and holding the power button.If you can't turn the device off, remove the battery and once the device is turned off, replace the battery.
- 2If you have an SD memory card, remove it.
- 3Press and hold the volume down and power buttons simultaneously.This is the most common key combination for booting an Android device into recovery mode. This combination can vary for each device. Some of the other possible combinations include:
- Power button + Home button + Volume Up button.
- Power button + Volume Up button + Volume Down button.
- Power button + Volume Up button.
- Power button + Home button.
- Home button + Volume Down button + Power button.
- Power button + Volume Down button.
- 4Once the phone is turned on, release the buttons.
- 5You should now be in the recovery mode.
- 6Use the volume buttons to highlight the 'Factory Reset' option.
- 7Select the 'Factory Reset' option using the power button.
- 8You should now see a popup asking you for confirmation.
- 9Confirm it.
- 10Wait for the process to complete.You shouldn't press any keys or remove the battery while this process completes, as this will damage your phone.
- 11Once the Factory Reset completes, the problem should be fixed.
If you have any additional questions, let us know in the Q&A section below.
See more questions like this: My Polaroid tablet won't boot
I am trying to do a hard restart on my Polaroid tablet M#PMID10c?
It is telling me to hold in my home key before I plug my USB port in, but the home key is only available when the device is powered. Is there another key I am unaware of?
There is no hard reset method for this model. You will have to reflash the device. The home button works with the USB cable plugged in even on powered down Polaroid tablets, but you have to follow the exact procedures in steps 10-12 to make it work.
- 1Download the stock firmware.
- 2Either extract the ZIP file or double-click it.
- 3Double-click the folder "PMID10C_Firmware_4.0v1_OTA".
- 4Double-click the folder "LiveSuite V1.07".
- 5Double-click "LiveSuitPack_version1.07_2011026.exe".
- 6Click "Install this driver software anyway".
- 7Double-click "LiveSuit.exe" to launch it.
- 8Click "Yes", "Format", "Next", and "Yes".
- 9Double-click "PMID10C_Firmware_4.0v1_OTA.img" in the pop-up window to open it.
- 10Press and hold the home button.
- 11Use your spare hand to connect the USB cable with the tablet and your PC.A LiveSuit pop-up window will appear.
- 12Release the held home button.
- 13Click "Yes".
- 14Click "Yes".Wait for the Polaroid to be reflashed.
- 15Click "OK".Now, you can remove the USB cable.
See more questions like this: Polaroid l9 is hard to start with many ditorted lines?
Real issue is every time I restart it, it goes back to default?
Polaroid P 10 tablet, every time it is restarted it goes back to factory default, trying to resolve this so my son can start with ABC Mouse. I do not have volume buttons , cannot access recovery mode
Your tablet is manufactured by Southern Telecom. They have provided a Hard Reset Support PDF for your Polaroid P 10. If you wish to launch ABC Mouse upon when the tablet boots up, you can install AutoStart from Google Play. This app allows you to customize an app to launch right away.
See more questions like this: It won't restart, I tried a lot of times?
Where and how do I get to the START button that usually appears in the lower left side of the screen. I read pressing Alt, Ctrl & Delete at the same time would take me to Task Manager, etc. None of these options appear after Alt. control,delete. So discouraged. Help appreciated. Nothing given in the previous articles has helped to find the start button. I have tried: Alt, Ctrl, Delete which was to take me to Task Manager. It took me nowhere. I think it was caused by: I have never seen this particular action appear since receiving my tablet. I though this action was auto downloaded to the computer
Polaroid Tablets have Android OS. This means they function more like a large smartphone rather than a PC. There is not a start button. You power on the tablet and then access apps by swiping left or right to switch the screen or the circular icon on the home screen. So if you hit Ctrl Alt Delete you are going to go nowhere. There are apps that are Task Managers in Google Play that will shut down running apps from the tablet.
See more questions like this: Polaroid tablet will turn on but won't do anything else TalkBack button we'll talk can't pull up anything?
How can I reset a Polaroid S7 Android tablets?
Have tried resetting Polaroid S7 tablet with every combination I've been able to find so far and nothing seems to work. I have tried: Power+up volume
power+up then down
power+down then up
power+down+home. I think it was caused by: Someone put a lock code on the tablet. They said it was just a "Z", but I don't know how to make that work.
Resetting Polaroid S7 is a bit tricky.
- 1Turn off the tablet.
- 2Press and hold the volume up and the power buttons together for 5 seconds then release them.
- 3You have to wait for the Android picture to show up on the screen now.
- 4Only after this screen is shown, press and hold the power and volume up buttons together for 3 seconds.
- 5Release the volume up button.
- 6Now, release the power button.You will enter the recovery menu.
- 7Now, use the volume buttons to navigate and the power button to select items.
- 8Navigate to and select "wipe data/factory reset".
- 9Navigate to and select "yes -- delete all user data".
- 10Navigate to and select "reboot system now".
- 11The phone will be rebooting.Do not press anything while that is happening until the start-up screen shows up (the one with "Make yourself at home").
MY Polaroid is locked and I forgot my password and can not figure out what it is?
Don't know my password for my Polaroid model PMID701C , HAVEN'T BEEN ON IT IN YEARS ! I have tried anything I can think of and nothing worked, any ideas on how can I open my Polaroid?
Hard reset the tablet. You will lose any data but will be able to use the tablet again. You can either use the hard keys or on the back of the tablet, there is a small pin hole. If you insert a paperclip, earring, or toothpick into the pinhole the tablet will reset.
We're no longer able to gain access to the tablet?
When we power it on and swipe the screen, no keyboard appears so we can't enter the password, I've tried the reset button on the back, powering on and off, and the same while connected to a charger.
Keep pressing into the reset pinhole. I have had to attempt several times before a tablet will factory reset this way but usually, you have to press down until the tablet reboots. You did not list what tablet you have but if it is a Polaroid, Southern Telecom has hard reset instructional PDFs on all their tablets.
Tablet is locked and I want to reset the tablet, how do I do it. I can't remember the pattern or email & password?
I cannot remember the pattern also not the email address or password, please help me to reset the device
Go to Google Accounts Recovery and see if they can help you get back the email to your Google Account. This way you will not lose data or photos. If you do have to hard reset, it is best to list what device you have. There are numerous tablets on the market and each has their own way of a hard reset.
Hi, I made a few wrong patterns in my tab, now I can't login back with my pattern, my tab is disconnected from internet?
Hi, I made a few wrong patterns in my tab, now I can't login back with my pattern, my tab is disconnected from internet
If you can remove the back cover and then battery, this will soft reset the device allowing you to use your correct pattern again. Otherwise, let it go completely dead then charge it to 100% before turning it on again. You may still have to hard reset if your pattern is not being recognized because you do not have WiFi enabled. Clean the screen before you attempt the pattern. Oil residue from our fingertips can mess up how the screen detects when drawing a pattern for security.
Need help with Polaroid tablet that was sat on. Screen is now gray/black. Won't do anything. Time shows up backwards.
Your display is damaged and will need to be repaired, however, you can try to hard reset the device and maybe it will reboot normally but that chance is very slim since the tablet was sat on.
It doesn't do anything holding volume power or even both and home?
Forgot lock code, want to unlock, what do I do. I have tried: Volume up or down with power also home button with both. I think it was caused by: I forgot my password or either my ex changed it
See if there is a pinhole on the side or back of the tablet. This would be your reset button. You should also find out if your tablet has a PC Companion tool as these tools will hard reset a device via the PC. Polaroid, Sony, Samsung, and Lenovo are just some of the manufacturers with PC tools.
Polaroid won't turn on. Your page is now saying my question is too short. What would you like me to add, why have a details section if you want it all up here?
My Polaroid 10" froze, I turned it off then it wouldn't turn back on. I recharged, just in case it was a flat battery, but now there is a faint glow to the screen, it is heating up as though working but the screen is blank. Pressing power and volume buttons simultaneously and holding them for over a minute has not worked. Any other suggestions?
Remove the back cover and then the battery. While the back cover is off, run your fingers firmly over the back of the tablet. Then see if the battery is damaged or warped. Wait 5 minutes and then put the tablet back together. Now turn the tablet back on. If the screen still does not completely light up, you should hard reset the tablet. The instructions for the Polaroid 10 are posted in an above answer. If all of this does not work then your screen is damaged and would need to be repaired.
I can't get my Polaroid P900 to boot past the 1st "Polaroid Powered By Android" screen?
The tablet was locking up on this boot screen and I couldn't do anything with it other than turn it off and on. I managed to perform a hard reset and a factory restore but I can let it sit for hours with nobody touching it and it STILL freezes at this boot screen. I have tried: Hard reset, factory restore. I think it was caused by: My wife had been installing a number of game apps.I suspect some sort of software issue was caused in the process.
Connect the tablet to the Southern Telecom portal. Install the OS of the device back on. This should resolve your boot loop. Ask her to be very careful when installing apps. Too much on the tablet with cause this to happen frequently.
Touchscreen is not working properly - I replaced it myself?
It turns on but bad or no navigation. Jumps back to Polaroid screen. I have tried: Holding down volume button and power button. Sometimes I can get to the settings tab. I think it was caused by: Replacing screen glass
Did you replace the LCD at the same time? Because this will become damaged and need to be replaced when you replace the screen glass. You may have damaged something else during the glass repair or moved it so try the pressing trick where you remove the back cover and firmly run your fingers all over the back.
Every time I turn on my Polaroid, it keeps loading the recovery menu. What should I do? I don't want to wipe it, but when I load a recovery from the list and reboot it keeps taking me back to the same recovery system menu. I have tried: Reloading from the recovery list. I think it was caused by: I am not sure if all the files are there for the tablet to boot properly
Are you sure you are not in safe mode? To turn safe mode off, you need to remove the battery for a soft reset. If this does not work then you can go to the Southern Telecom website and install your tablet's stock OS.
Will you help me please, for the love of the Lord?
When I turn off my tablet (a Polaroid, mind you) and press said buttons together, of course, it still will not, turn on, as so I can reset it...HELP ME?!
Connect to the Southern Telecom PC program. Find your tablet and run a diagnostic check. Then install the recommended OS for the tablet. Your battery could be damaged also which would cause this to occur.
When I press the power and volume buttons at the same time a picture of a dead robot with and exclamation point coming out of his belly door pops up...what do I do now. I have tried: I tried to press the reset button on the back of the tablet which did nothing, I have tried many attempts at remembering the passcode with no luck as well. I think it was caused by: I forgot the passcode after not using the tablet for some time
You use the volume buttons to navigate the menu. Press Power to select Wipe Data/Factory Reset. If there is no menu then that usually means you have to hit Home, Power or one of the Volume to bring up the Recovery Menu screen.
Why won't the recovery screen show up on my tablet?
I turned off my tablet, then I pressed the volume down button and power button at the same time, but it still won't work
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Is there a system reboot file available for the A1000x?
My A1000x will not start up. I get the Polaroid screen, then it shuts down. I've done the built in factory reset already and it still does the same thing. Chromebooks have a file that will reinstall the software from a USB drive; is there anything similar for this tablet? The built in system recovery didn't solve the problem. I have tried: I've tried the Wipe Data/Factory Reset built in to it. I think it was caused by: The storage was almost full. Other than that I had no issues with it.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
How to Hard Reset or fix my Polaroid tablet. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 25, 2017, from http://visihow.com/How_to_hard_reset_or_fix_my_polaroid_tablet
MLA (Modern Language Association) "How to Hard Reset or fix my Polaroid tablet." VisiHow, visihow.com/How_to_hard_reset_or_fix_my_polaroid_tablet Accessed 25 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "How to Hard Reset or fix my Polaroid tablet." Accessed Mar 25, 2017. http://visihow.com/How_to_hard_reset_or_fix_my_polaroid_tablet.
Categories : General Android Mobiles & Tablets
Recent edits by: Alma, Maria, Detdra