How to Block Adult Websites on an iPhone
Edited by Maria, Eng
Whether you are a parent trying to block adult websites on your iOS or a person that does not want to come across this content, Apple has implemented ways to control your viewing content. This is particularly a good feature for someone that is battling a porn addiction or for someone who wants to avoid the temptation. There are millions of websites that contain adult content that we come across daily without even realizing it, until we see something that clearly shows us to stay off the site. Searching the word "Sunny" can bring up pornographic images. Here is how you can block these images and websites from appearing in searches.
Safari has integrated web restrictions making it easy to restrict access of adult websites.
- 1Go to Settings.Advertisement
- 2Select General.Advertisement
- 3If you are doing this for children, it is recommended to have a passcode.Select Restrictions and then set up a passcode or use the one you currently have.
- 4Find the Allowed Content section and then choose Websites.
- 5You can also manually add websites if there are certain ones you would like to block.You will see the option to Limit Adult Content.
Adult Content can also be restricted in iTunes and if you have a child you will want to restrict that access as well because of adult apps and media.
- 1Navigate again to the Restrictions section.Advertisement
- 2Use your passcode again to turn off Explicit Language and Installing/Deleting apps.
- 3Scroll down and turn off In App Purchases as well.
- 4While still in Restrictions>Allowed Content, find Music and Podcasts then turn Explicit to off.
- 5Movies and TV shows can be restricted by ratings so choose G or PG for children.
- 6In Apps you can also restrict the download of applications that may contain 17+ content within third party apps.