Edited by Calob Horton, Eng, Jeremydew85, Inukshuk and 1 other
Questions and Answers
How to I get USB connect with SideSync?
WiFi works, but USB doesn't. I have USB debugging on, but I get nothing. I am connecting a Mac to a Samsung Galaxy S5.
Unfortunately, Samsung SideSync only works with a Samsung laptop and a Samsung phone. You already have the Samsung phone part; but since your Mac is made by Apple, you won't be able to use SideSync to share your Galaxy S5's screen with your Mac. However, you are still able to share your Samsung Galaxy S5's screen with your Apple Mac computer. To do that, you will need to follow the instructions below:
- Download BBQScreen on your Mac by clicking this link.
- Download BBQScreen on your Samsung Galaxy S5 by clicking this link.
- Plug your device into your computer via a USB cable.
- Turn on USB Debugging by doing the following:
- Open your Settings application.
- Tap the General tab.
- Scroll down and tap the About device panel.
- Tap Build number 10 times. Your device will tell you that you're now a developer.
- Press the Back button, located on the lower right-hand corner of your device.
- Tap Developer options.
- Check the box for USB debugging.
- Once USB Debugging is on, make sure your device and your laptop are on the same WiFi network.
- Open the applications on both your laptop and your phone.
- Tap USB when asked about root.
- Click the Bootstrap non-root USB method in the lower left-hand corner of the laptop's application.
- Double-click your device when it appears.
Your Samsung Galaxy S5's screen will now be mirrored onto your Mac.
More questions and answers on this topic can be found here: My 8.1 PC will not install the SideSync program it gives me a warning that a particular file is not responding
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Inukshuk, Jeremydew85, Eng