How to Connect Sonos Speakers to WiFi
Edited by Frank Fazio, Eng, kujomujo
Connecting Sonos Speakers to WiFi
The actual process to connect your Sonos speaker to you WiFi is pretty straight forward. Sonos has made it very easy to connect directly to your WiFi instead of using the Sonos Bridge or Boost.
Connect Sonos Directly
Questions and Answers
Sonos isn't detected during my setup?
I'm trying to set up my Sonos PLAY:1 and it is not coming up as being detected during the setup process. Any ideas?
There are a couple things you can try...
- Check the power connection on the sonos speaker and make sure it has power.
- See if there are any slowness issues with your home wireless network
- Try moving your sonos into another room closer to your wireless router
- Plug your sonos directly into the router to bypass the wireless and see if that helps
- Check your router and see if there are any configuration issues that may be preventing the sonos speaker from communicating with it
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Home Theater
Recent edits by: Eng, Frank Fazio