How to Block Adult Websites on an Samsung or Android Phone
Edited by Maria, Anonymous, Eng, tabriz and 3 others
If you are a parent you must be aware that your child could easily come across adult content on a tablet or smartphone with an Android operating system. Apps in Google Play, Movies, and Google search can bring up images you do not want your children to see. Even searching for the word "Small" can bring up images and websites on the first page of the Google search. The good news is, you can restrict these. As a parent, we sometimes hand our phone to our child to keep them content while running errands. If you are someone who does this, you should seriously consider putting restrictions on your phone.
Kids always seem to be one step ahead their parents when it comes to technology. Creating restriction controls blocks your child from websites and images they should not see.
- 1 Restricting Google Play
- 2 Enable Safe Search in Chrome
- 3 Android Versions 4.3 or Higher
- 4 Enable Safe Search in the Google App
- 5 Questions and Answers
- 5.1 How do you find the "user" section in the settings?
- 5.2 HEY. I am trying to block adult sites on my phone?
- 5.3 Hi! is there an option to block adults sites on Samsung Galaxy S7 using Chrome browser? I made settings filter explicit content but when the user clear the browsing data all the setting are gone. Is there any way without an app to do this?
- 6 Comments
Restricting Google Play
- 2In the upper left you will see the 'three stacked lines' symbol, which brings you to the app's controls.Advertisement
- 3Select Settings.
- Apps & Games
Photos Shown are from a Samsung Galaxy Device.
Enable Safe Search in Chrome
- 1Go to your Chrome App.Advertisement
- 3Choose Settings.
Android Versions 4.3 or Higher
- 1Go to Settings.Advertisement
- 2Go to Users.
- 3Choose Add a User or Profile.
- 4Select Restricted Profile.
- 5Enter your pin code enabled for the device.If you do not have one you can create one at this point.
- 6Name your profile.
- 7All of the apps on the device will appear and you can now choose which ones to turn off.If you are worried about your child using the internet, you can hide all of the browsers.
- 8Now you will see your restricted profile on the home screen.Even if your child selects Google Play, they will get a notification to enter your pin code that you have set up.
Enable Safe Search in the Google App
- 3Select Accounts & Privacy.
- 5Toggle the SafeSearch to On.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
How do you find the "user" section in the settings?
This says to find the users section, but I can't find it anywhere on the Galaxy j3. I have tried: The site said to just go to setting and select a user. However, the only thing I see is accounts. I think it was caused by: I have no idea.
The Users section is found under the Device portion in your Settings Menu. From there you can go to User and set up additional profiles on the device. You can also add a Gmail account in Accounts which you will then use for apps like Chrome, Google Play, and YouTube to set up restrictions for that Google Account.
HEY. I am trying to block adult sites on my phone?
I . am trying to block adult sites on my phone
You can block adult content if you follow the steps posted in the VisiHow article on this page. If you need to make even stricter changes then there are apps which also provide the blocking of inappropriate content. One of the best ones is Norton Family Parental Control. The app has a free 30 day trial and available in Google Play.
Hi! is there an option to block adults sites on Samsung Galaxy S7 using Chrome browser? I made settings filter explicit content but when the user clear the browsing data all the setting are gone. Is there any way without an app to do this?
Is there an option to block adults sites on Samsung Galaxy S7 using chrome browser? I made settings filter explicit content but when the user clear the browsing data all the setting are gone. Is there any way without an app to do this?
Using Kid Mode on the Galaxy S7 will automatically restrict content even if the user deletes browsing history. Here are several VisiHow articles on using Kids Mode on a Samsung device:
- Use Kids Mode on Samsung Galaxy S5
- Set Kids Mode Parental Controls on Samsung Galaxy S5
- Install and Setup Apps in Samsung Kids Mode
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.