Edited by Anonymous, Eng, KIANA26O, Dougie and 2 others
- 1 Questions and Answers
- 1.1 How long does it take Bulimia to cause throat damage?
- 1.2 How to cure smokers throat when you are a singer? #17?
- 1.3 How to become a good singer and how long will it take?
- 1.4 Steam burned the back of throat and now I can't sing right? Help?
- 1.5 How should a singer clear his/her throat?
- 1.6 Is cake bad for your throat if you are a singer?
- 1.7 How long you should wait before talking after straining your throat?
- 1.8 What kind of sweets should I eat so that I can sooth my throat for recording?
- 1.9 How to be consistent tenor range in a choir or group?
- 1.10 How do I hit high notes perfectly? ALSO! How do I warm up for singing?
- 1.11 How can I heal sore throat and remove mucus from throat?
- 2 Comments
Questions and Answers
How long does it take Bulimia to cause throat damage?
Constant vomiting owing to Bulimia causes a lot of damage to the oesophagus. This can either lead to something fatal like throat cancer or you can be left with an acid reflux for a lifetime. The time taken by Bulimia to spread to throat depends on the number of times you vomit. It could take years also, it could happen in weeks as well. In order to delay or prevent throat infection due to Bulimia, take your medicines on time and maintain a healthy diet.
If you are constantly vomiting blood often, then your throat are damage. This can be due to your esophagus is bleeding. Now,you must prevent this option cause sometimes it may just take a few days to totally damage permanently your throat, so beware.
See more questions like this: How long does it take for a bulimic throat to heal
How to cure smokers throat when you are a singer? #17?
First and foremost, you need to quit smoking. It is difficult but it is something you have to do. Rely on healthy chocolates to block Cigarette craving. Visit a doctor regularly and take your medications on time. Excessive smoking can even lead to throat cancer. Hence, make sure that you quit smoking and stick to it. It'll take you around 6 months to get to normal. Drink hot water from time to time to accelerate the process of healing.
The first step for you to clear your smoker throat will be for you to stop smoking first. After you have stopped smoking you will indeed need to drink honey/lemon tea to help your throat to be soothed. Along with drinking these teas, juice will be a great choice in regards to what you can drink to help your singing voice.
How to become a good singer and how long will it take?
Hi, I'm a 13 year old boy, I sing mostly One Direction songs and I sing a lot, how can I get better at singing and how long will this take?
First off, great choice of artist. One Direction plays a specific genre that is tailor-fit to your age. At 13, you definitely have a long way to go as you tap and explore on new experiences and techniques in singing. Becoming a good singer is a process and you do not get there overnight. Instead, you get better one day at a time. One can become a singer at any age but staring young definitely gives you an edge with time and opportunities. One important thing to note is that there is no specific time frame for becoming a good singer as even the top music icons of the world never stop learning and taking on more opportunities to better at their craft. Becoming a great singer in fact starts with a good attitude. When you start thinking that you have learned enough and you have achieved perfection in singing, then your growth as a singer stops right there. To be a great singer you must start hungry. The bigger your star is, the hungrier you become. The hunger for learning and betterment is a lifetime process - the biggest and brightest stars in the music industry know this by heart. You can get better and improve your singing by practicing these tips:
- Eat a balanced diet. To be a great singer, you must take care of your instrument - your voice. Your vocal aptitude depends on your overall health. You must maintain a well-balanced diet that should consist of whole grains, vegetables, and variety of fruits. Get hydrated by drinking lots of water or fresh fruit juices on a regular basis. Steer clear of artificially sweetened drinks. Reduce dairy or sweets in your diet especially before any vocal performance. Veer away from too cold or hot drinks which could shock your vocal cords and cause pain or inflammation in the process. Drink warm herbal mint teas that can soothe your vocal cords and enable you to relax at anytime of the day.
- Be on the move. Maintain an active and healthy lifestyle. Keep your schedule open for fitness and workout activities. You can go to a gym or do routine exercises on your free time at home. Be involved in sports. Do this as a bonding and recreational activity with family, friends, or colleagues. Do contact sports or swimming which helps fine-tune your respiratory system which is needed for singing.
- Avoid smoking and other vices. If you want to be a really great singer then get rid of your smoking habits - for good. This also goes to the use of any illegal substances. The best way to do this is by way of substitution. You can do alternative activities instead of hanging out with peers or places that entice you to smoke or do drugs. At 13, vices will not get you geared up for success, it can in fact pull you all the way down the staircase.
- Get 8 hours of sleep or more. The younger you are, the longer sleeping hours necessary. Sleeping helps with neurogenesis and cellular repair or varied organ systems which also ensure that you vocal cords, lungs, heart, and diaphragm are at its top condition in every performance. This also helps you de-clutter and eliminate stress in your day-to-day grind. Having enough hours of sleep helps you become mentally alert, sociable, as well as remain positive and head-strong in your goals as a budding singer.
- Get formal voice lessons. Most famous singers maintain voice lessons all throughout their career. Starting your career with the right foundation in vocal techniques will give your dream a boost. Go for a credible and experienced vocal coach in your locality. A professional voice coach can direct and train your vocal strings by laying out the basics and harnessing your own distinct sound. You have to learn how to find and develop your own sound and not just copy other singers. Your vocal coach will also help you with the proper posture or stance in singing, vocalization techniques, basics in musicality, and can even help you pick a musical instrument to pair up with your singing ability. It is not required but recommended to learn a musical instrument besides singing. The top choices would be the piano, guitar, or drums. This also gives you an edge amongst your contemporaries.
- Practice makes perfect. Now, the main goal of practicing is to become better as a singer - one day at a time. Baby steps are crucial to make sure you are doing it right. Nothing is ever perfected in haste. Developing your vocal power and style takes time and you need to be patient and disciplined to go through a routine practice and do vocal warm-ups or exercises everyday.
- Get exposure. As cliche as this may sound - experience remains to be the best teacher. Go out an get exposure for your singing talent. Join competitions or singing programs in your community, at school, or on television. Join singing clubs or organizations too. The more experience you get from all these opportunities, the better singer you tend to become in the long haul. Your experiences in these programs or contests will help you deal with criticisms, challenges, and develop your own singing style wherein you emerge as a better and stronger singer more than ever.
Unfortunately, there are times that you must consider a very important thing. That is the blood line. If you have a family of singers, then you won't have a hard time to enhanced your voice cause you will have a voice naturally through your blood line.
But, you can still try to go to a singing lessons, in which will help you enhanced your voice to it's peak performance. And depending on the development of your singing lessons is the length of your journey of becoming a good singer.
The best advice I can give to you is to continue and develop as you go along. Also try singing different types of songs in order to broaden your voice to other genres to train your voice.
Steam burned the back of throat and now I can't sing right? Help?
This can be a real problem because you have burned your throat or tonsils to the point where you will not be able to sing perfectly as you did before, it is recommended that you drink cool liquids to help lower the swelling as well as cure the burns you have caused to your throat. Visit a doctor as well to seek help in forms of medicine to help the repair process.
I would imagine the best thing right now is to take time and let it heal. Go and buy some over the counter throat lozenges, maybe even look into a throat numbing spray. You really need to try to drink plenty of fluids and use cough droops to keep it hydrated. These tips are going to be your best bet to let it heal fast.
How should a singer clear his/her throat?
You can clear your vocal chords by drinking warm fluids such as Green Tea or Lemon Tea. Also stay away from ice cold drinks as they can do more damage to your vocal chords rather than helping you fix your vocals.
To clear your throat, you must drink a lot of warm water, you can also drink an Herbal Tea or Lemon Tea (add Honey instead of sugar) to soothe your throat. With drinking warm water, it will help in clearing those bits of foods in your throat so that you can sing better and drinking a warm water is a partner of a good and professional singer. And a singer must avoid cold drinks and sweet foods if they are going to perform or have a singing practice.
See more questions like this: I'm a singer but often my throat dries out
Is cake bad for your throat if you are a singer?
In general, there is no medical indication that cake can be bad for a singer, yet eating a cake right before your singing session can have a bad consequences, with those day crumbs that might cause you to cough, if you must have, it is advised to have a warm glass of water to clear all those bits of cake crumbs that might cause you to cough.
How long you should wait before talking after straining your throat?
You just strain your throat by shouting, talking very loud, smoking or exposure to smoke like cigarette smoke. To heal your throat just drink a lot of warm water, take some herbal tea, exercise daily, get enough sleep, take a rest, and just don't shout or talk very loud while you are resting and by doing this you can recover your voice for 3 days to 1 week. You can also know or notice if you can talk with your normal voice or if it is OK by not talking loud, so try to test if your voice is OK by talking a little.
What kind of sweets should I eat so that I can sooth my throat for recording?
The only sweet food or drink that you can eat or take to soothe your throat for recording is Lemon Tea, this lemon tea is made from lemon juice, honey, and a warm or hot water. Lemon tea soothes your throat. Make your lemon tea and drink it and remember not too much honey in it. You can take lemon tea 3 times a day.
You can try the good old natural honey. But you should stick to drinking boiled ginger and tap water to help keep your voice fit for recording. Make sure that you do not over practice or smoke.
How to be consistent tenor range in a choir or group?
What ever , I love singer but sometimes I can't sing
You can maintain and get optimally better at your vocal range with regular practice and good vocal hygiene. You should be able to work around a regular practice or training schedule. Vocalize to be able to stretch your vocal cords for at least 15 minutes and then practices for 30 minutes to an hour. Do not overwork or strain your voice. Just stick to a schedule and take care of your voice to be able to maintain your vocal quality and range. You can attain consistency in your tenor range by working on gaining flexibility in your notes but focusing more on your own range. Albeit, with anything in life - practice really makes perfect.
How do I hit high notes perfectly? ALSO! How do I warm up for singing?
I used to hit high notes perfectly when I was young but then I hit puberty I never ever hit high notes anymore.. I need help! THANK YOU
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
How can I heal sore throat and remove mucus from throat?
A couple weeks ago I woke with a sore feeling in my throat and mucus at the back of my throat. It got better a few days later but it was still there. Whenever I sing I feel this hotness in my throat. Also no matter how much I clear my throat the mucus won't go away. I've tried many home remedies like salt water and tea ( until I found out that tea can make the problem worse). I don't know what to do. I'm really worried. If my voice gets ruined I won't be able to accomplish my dreams. Please help me. I need answers! Thanks.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
See more questions like this: The side of my throat is hurting, my doctor said it's because my vocal chords are inflated. How long will it take to heal, since I'm on vocal rest for a week? Also can this cause permanent damage to my voice?
Categories : Voice Lessons & Tips
Recent edits by: Anne Brunache, Dougie, KIANA26O