Edited by Dougie, Eng, Calob Horton, anjlopez
Questions and Answers
How do I use the emoticons on my Samsung Galaxy S5?
How do I get emoticons on my Samsung Galaxy S5? When I type a word while texting the word is shadowed.
Emoticons -- also known as emoji -- are little faces that you can send to your friends through a variety of applications. To access the default Emoji on your Samsung Galaxy S5, do the following:
- 1Turn your Samsung Galaxy S5 on.
- 2Open your Messages application.
- 3Begin to text someone.
- 4Hold the enter key on your keyboard; alternatively, tap the smiley face that's located on the keyboard.
You will now be able to send a wide variety of Emoji to your friends. However, these Emoji may only be viewable by your friends who have Samsung devices. If your friends have HTC, LG, iPhones, or Microsoft Windows Phone phones, you will want to download an alternative keyboard to make sure that all of your friends can see all of your Emoji whenever you send them. Click here to download the Google Keyboard, which has Emoji that are cross-platform compatible with most operating systems. Once it's downloaded, follow these instructions to send your friends Emoji:
- 1Press your Samsung Galaxy S5's Home button to be brought back to its home screen.
- 2Tap the Apps icon, which is located in the lower right-hand corner and looks like a grid icon.
- 3Scroll through to and tap on the Google Keyboard icon.
- 4Follow the instructions.
The Google Keyboard will now be set as your default keyboard. To send an emoji, press and hold the enter key until you see the smiley face. Then, drag your finger over the smiley face and let go. You will now be able to send cross-platform Emoji to all of your friends from your Samsung Galaxy S5.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: Calob Horton, Eng, Dougie