Edited by Peters, Anonymous, VisiHow
Questions and Answers
How do I reset my Samsung GT5300 when it is at the user name and password screen?
Is there a code that can get me past that page where Google asks me for my Google account and password.
Hard-resetting will lead you to the same protection screen. You need to enter the original Google user name and password to bypass it. Please use the Google Recovery Web page to recover your original user name and password. This is, most likely, your only chance to make the smartphone usable.
If the original account is unavailable (for example, the recovery e-mail and phone number are not available or there is no way to contact the seller), then you can try bypassing the protection. Otherwise, you will have a nonfunctional device. The problem with bypassing protection with Samsung GT5300 is that it is unlikely that the on-the-go (OTG) cable is supported for that model. However, if you want to give it a try, then please do. First, clean the device.
- 1Power down your smartphone.
- 2Press and hold the home, volume-up, and power buttons simultaneously.When the device turns on, release the power button only.
- 3Select "wipe data/factory reset" with the volume buttons.Press the power button to confirm the selection.
- 4Select "Yes -- delete all user data" with the volume buttons.Press the power button to confirm the selection.
- 5Select "reboot system now" with the volume buttons.Press the power button to confirm the selection.
- 6Boot up your Samsung.Skip to the page where you are asked for the Google account credentials.
- 7Now, from your computer, copy this APK file to a USB flash drive.
- 8Connect your device to your flash drive via an OTG cable.This is problematic, as the OTG feature may not work on your smartphone. If you have an OTG cable, you can try connecting it.
- 9If the File Explorer launches, then select the "APK" file from the flash drive to install it.
- 10When you see a screen asking you to enable "Unknown sources", tap on "Settings".Enable the option.
- 11Open the application.This may open "Settings".
- 12Select "Backup and Reset".Select the factory-data reset option. This can remove the protection.
Categories : General Android Mobiles & Tablets
Recent edits by: Anonymous, Peters