Edited by duwils1973, Eng, VisiHow
Questions and Answers
How do I perform a soft reset of my Note4?
My fingerprint scanner disabled about 24 hours ago. I have not used the backup password since I changed it approximately 3 or 4 months ago and can not remember what it Is.. I have tried: I tried all possible combinations of passwords even locking myself out more. I removed the battery and left it out for a few minutes and put it back in. I logged onto my Samsung account but my device is not showing as registered.. I think it was caused by: I have been having intermittent issues where my phone randomly locks even while it is in use, but have no idea what locked me out completely.
- 1As your device is locked out completely, then the soft reset, which can be performed by pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds until the device turns off, might not help you.
- 2Go to the Samsung Find My Mobile web site, enter your Samsung account credentials, click your device name, click "Protect my device" to expand the options inside.Click "Unlock my screen". Click "Unlock".
- 3Go to the https://google.com/android/devicemanager.Sign in using your Google account credentials. Click the device. Click "Lock". Enter a temporary password and click "Lock" again. You should see a temporary password request on your phone. Enter the password. This might help you to unlock the phone.
- 4Hard-reset the phone.You can read how to do that in the article in step 4 (the "The third option for the Galaxy Hard Reset is from the "Start up" section).
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Tech
Recent edits by: Eng, duwils1973