Edited by Calob Horton, Minat khan, tanisha, Dougie and 4 others
Questions and Answers
How do I know a fake Note3?
The methods listed in the VisiHow article below will help you to determine whether or not the Samsung Galaxy Note3 you have is genuine. In addition to the steps listed below, the Galaxy Note3 also has some special things to look for so you can determine its authenticity.
- The Galaxy Note3 comes with a fake leather back. If your Galaxy Note3 comes with a regular plastic back or a real leather back, it is a fake.
- The Galaxy Note3's charging port is a micro USB 3 port. This is backwards-compatible with the original micro USB charging connector. If your Galaxy Note3 has a charger that does not look like the image above, it is a fake.
- When the S Pen is removed, the Galaxy Note3 should wake up from sleep and give you options to use with the pen. If these options don't appear, or if the Galaxy Note3 doesn't wake up from sleep, it is fake.
- While your display is on, swipe the side of your hand from right to left on the display. This should initiate a screenshot. If your phone does not take a screenshot, it could be fake.
- If it doesn't happen the first time, go into your Settings application.
- Tap the Controls tab.
- Tap Palm motion.
- Make sure Capture screen is turned on.
- If it is turned on but it didn't work, or if this option is not available, your device is very likely fake.
If your phone does not have these Note3-specific things, call Samsung and give them your serial and IMEI numbers so they can check to completely make sure that your phone is fake.
How can I identify an original S4?
Identifying an original Samsung Galaxy S4 can be tricky. Nowadays clone manufactures are doing their best to make fake Samsung Galaxy Smartphones exactly the same as the original ones. But there are number of ways to identify a fake Samsung GS4. Read on to determine fake Samsung phones from genuine ones:
- The phone is made by cheap and low quality materials.
- The screen is not as bright as an original model.
- The Home button is not in the same place when compared to an original Samsung phone.
If you have not seen an original Samsung Galaxy S4, they you will probably not be able to identify all of these specifications easily. Because of this, the best way to tell if your phone is real will be to use the Samsung Kies program on your PC.
- 2Install the downloaded file to your PC.
- 3Wait for the installation process to complete.
- 4Plug your Samsung phone into the computer.
- 5If it does not identify your device, it is most likely a fake.If the Kies program identifies your phone, it is 100% original.
For more ways to tell a fake Samsung Galaxy S4 from an original one, read our main article by clicking on the title of this Q&A page. If you have any additional questions, let us know by writing them in the section below.
How can I enter a code to recognize a fake phone?
I read that there are codes I can enter to make sure my Samsung phone is real, and not a clone. What are these codes, and how can I use them to see if my phone is genuine?
There are a number of codes that will identify genuine Samsung components. Using these codes is one of the fastest and most accurate ways to spot a fake Samsung Galaxy phone. They work on all original Samsung phones, whether they are made in Korea or Vietnam.
Some of the most common codes include:
- 1Audio test mode *#0673#
- 2PDA, CSC, build time information *#*#44336#*#*
- 3Bluetooth address *#232337#
- 4Device vibration and backlight test *#*#0842#*#*
- 5Firmware version *#1234#
- 6GPS test settings *#*#1472365#*#*
- 7Software and hardware info *#12580369#
- 8RAM version *#*#3264#*#*
- 9Samsung test mode *#0*#
- 10Service mode *#*#197328640#*#*
- 11Touch screen version *#*#2663#*#*
- 12The IMEI code *#06#
- 13WLAN Mac address *#232338#
Follow the steps below to use these codes and determine whether your Samsung phone is genuine, or a clone:
- 1On your home screen, open the dial pad.
- 2Dial one of the codes.
- 3If the phone responds to your command, it's original.
- 4If it doesn't respond, it's probably a fake.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Tech
Recent edits by: Jacob, Eng, Alfred Khan