Edited by yashasvi, Eng, safira, Manjit Singh and 4 others
- 1 Questions and Answers
- 1.1 How do I fix a black screen on my Windows 7 OS?
- 1.2 Windows 7 not start because of blinking cursor with black screen?
- 1.3 Advise please, I have a black screen with cursor problem after a Windows update?
- 1.4 Black screen with responsive cursor after switching back to windows 7 from windows 10?
- 1.5 Windows 7 stops at blank desktop with only wallpaper?
- 1.6 Black Screen on Windows 7 64 Bit with Geforce Gt 610?
- 1.7 Bsod occurred when I try to update my windows 7 to 10?
- 1.8 My windows 7 went corrupt trying to make a partition larger?
- 1.9 Windows 7 screen get blank and its not opening by Ctrl+Alt+Del and by f8 too so any other way?
- 1.10 I have a Lenovo ideapad and have the black screen with no mouse pointer. I've tried everything except taking the laptop apart. It has come on 2 times so far?
- 1.11 My windows 7 laptop unexpectedly shutdown and sometimes it showing blank screen for 1-2 days nd sometimes it suddenly starts abruptly?
- 1.12 Windows 7,' error loading operating system'?
- 1.13 This woman I'm working on her computer and I see on the page if they have windows 7 I might want to access the last restore point to fix the issue but this lady is on windows 10?
- 2 Comments
Questions and Answers
How do I fix a black screen on my Windows 7 OS?
Hello, after using malwarebytes, it prompted me to restart my laptop, after turning it on, it only shows a black screen and a small window on the lower left side. My laptop runs on a Windows 7 OS. Please help me fix this problem. Thank you
This is a common issue with Malwarebytes. Basically, the program was not finished when you saw the prompt to restart the computer. Reboot your computer several times to see if your screen comes back on. This is usually the fix to the Malwarebytes issue. If it still does not then boot your computer into safe mode. Press F8 to see if that gives you the Recovery options where safe mode is located. You should also run a repair drives scan although the Recovery may do that automatically the next time you reboot the computer.
My windows 7 is not start because os I tap the power button and start the PC so I see it that black screen and left side blinking cursor so please give me this problem solutions..........
After you get into the Recovery Menu, change your SATA controller to AHCI and save the choice. You should also run a repair scan on your video/display drivers. Follow the suggestions in the main article on this page if you still have a black screen with blinking cursor. This is a tricky one to fix and diagnose because there are so many things that can cause the black screen with blinking cursor and sometimes the only way to fix that is to restart the computer several times.
Advise please, I have a black screen with cursor problem after a Windows update?
Windows 7 laptop. Black screen even in safe mode after Windows update. I have tried: tried Ctrl Alt Del, no good. Can access system recovery options screen, but sadly no restore has been point set. Is this a virus and a job for a professional?
From your safe mode, update your video/display drivers. When they update Windows it comes with generic drive information and sometimes is not compatible for your system. F8 should bring you into the right menu and you should have restore points from there. If you can't find them then bring it to a professional and ask that they reinstall your Windows Operating System or upgrade to a newer version. For instance, Windows 10 is currently available for free through the summer of 2016.
Black screen with responsive cursor after switching back to windows 7 from windows 10?
Didn't like windows 10 , reverted back to windows 7 and got this black screen. I have tried: Ctrl and type password, windows logo+P to switch screen, windows installation disk to repair startup. I think it was caused by: This is my bosses computer, I switch back to win7 as I have on several other computers from win 10. this is my first time having this problem, Maybe malware???
It was actually most likely the fact that your boss's computer had not recently updated their Windows 7. When you tried to revert back there was not enough data to save for a reversion. From the Settings, choose the Go back to for your earlier version. Then go to the PC manufacturer website and update all of the drivers for your PC. This should bring back the machine to it normal Operating System functionality.
Windows 7 stops at blank desktop with only wallpaper?
Win 7 32 bit, 1.5 GB RAM, 1.6 GHz speed. Installed a new copy of Windows 7 and since then the Windows starts but stops at desktop with wallpaper only. Installed a new copy of Windows XP. The system was OK then but quite slow, again installed a new copy of Win 7 and the same problem of blank desktop pops up.. kindly help.
This means that you have to restore your PC display drivers. Get them straight from your manufacturer website. You will also want to clear all the cache from the PC and delete temporary files. Both versions are competing with each other and canceling out any start up process.
Black Screen on Windows 7 64 Bit with Geforce Gt 610?
When I turn on a game after 5 min of playing I get a black screen ;c. I Currently run a Windows 7 64 Bit and have a Geforce GT 610 graphic card, all my drivers are updated .. I have tried: I tried using some tips on http://visihow.com/Repair_Windows_7_Black_Screen_of_Death but it didn't work. I think it was caused by: My graphic card
Here are a few things you can do to make the performance better with the NVIDIA GeForce 610:
- 1Uncheck 3D vision drivers.
- 2Only update the drivers straight from the NVIDIA website and not any from Windows.
- 3Uninstall the NVIDIA drivers and reinstall from scratch straight from the NVIDIA website.
- 4Blow and dust or debris that may be around your graphics card.Watch for overheating.
- 5Use Display Driver Uninstall/DDU before you reinstall drivers so that you start with a clean version.This will resolve if you have a corruption conflict.
- 6Consider upgrading to Windows 10 and then updating your drivers.
See more questions like this: Widows 7 64 bit, when I start my computer, it can not show display, but PC runs?
Bsod occurred when I try to update my windows 7 to 10?
Black screen appeared when I tried to upgrade the Windows. The Windows stay at 7. I tried system restore and blackscreenfix.exe with no success
- 1Remove anything externally plugged into the PC except for your mouse, monitor and power cable.
- 2Make sure you are signed into Windows 10.
- 3Enter Safe Mode.
- 4Reinstall your Display Driver Adapter.
- 5End all tasks running in the background.
- 6Contact Customer Support at 1 800-642-7676 or at https://support.microsoft.com/contactus.This should be your last resort but they can help you troubleshoot and walk you through the process.
See more questions like this: I am getting BSOD on Windows 7. None of the fixes have worked for me?
My windows 7 went corrupt trying to make a partition larger?
I used the repair disk. Now windows reboots into a black screen with an active cursor. No other key or clicks work.
Press F12 on start up to choose to start up from a CD/DVD. Use the Windows Repair Disk for the start up process. Unplug your computer from the wall and if it is a laptop then remove the battery as well. Hold down the Power button for at least 30 seconds. Then plug your PC back into the wall and start up again but this time hit F2 to load into default settings. This should bring up Recovery options and you can choose the repair and restart options.
Windows 7 screen get blank and its not opening by Ctrl+Alt+Del and by f8 too so any other way?
Windows 7 screen get blank and its not opening by Ctrl+Alt+Del and by f8 too so any other way
Attempt to press F12 on setup. If it does not respond still then you have either a hard drive issue or a monitor issue. To check the monitor further, connect the PC or laptop to another monitor to see if it displays there. Use a Windows Repair Disk upon start up. If you do not have one, you can make one from the Windows Support website. Follow the processes in the answers on this page to further your troubleshooting process if your PC is still not repaired.
I have a Lenovo ideapad and have the black screen with no mouse pointer. I've tried everything except taking the laptop apart. It has come on 2 times so far?
I have followed the directions on the internet about holding the power button down, still black screen but it worked 2 times already
Press F8 upon start up and select Recovery Method. See if you can restore your system this way. Because the laptop screen has worked twice already during your other processes of attempted recovery, it seems you may have a loose connection cable to your monitor on the Ideapad. Run the recovery disk that you got when you purchased the Lenovo or purchase one from Lenovo if your Ideapad still is not working. Install all new drivers from Lenovo Support. Be sure to choose the ones specifically for your device model. You can also contact Lenovo Customer Support for further troubleshooting.
My windows 7 laptop unexpectedly shutdown and sometimes it showing blank screen for 1-2 days nd sometimes it suddenly starts abruptly?
How to fix it. laptop - compaq presario c700 . processor - intel Pentium dual. RAM - 3gb. hdd - 160 GB. processing speed- 1.9 ghz
Use a cool pad or cooling fan below the laptop to make sure that you are not overheating the processor. Your video cable could be damaged or loose which is a common problem with your laptop. You should also try to enter into the BIOS and run a Smart Screen repair. This can be done by clicking on and of the HDD options and then choosing Smart Screen. You can also Facebook Message HP or use HP Support Assitant.
Windows 7,' error loading operating system'?
Windows 7, does not boot from HDD, gives 'error loading operating system'.When trying to boot from installation disk,I get black screen , after 'Starting Windows' is displayed for about 2 min. I've tried all Safe Modes and all other F8 options, with Win 7 original CD, no succes.It all started while I was doing a check for errors on a HDD partition other then OS one, PC crashed with blue screen, and I could not restart it since then.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
This woman I'm working on her computer and I see on the page if they have windows 7 I might want to access the last restore point to fix the issue but this lady is on windows 10?
Need assistance----This woman I'm working on her computer and I see on the page if they have windows 7 I might want to access the last restore point to fix the issue but this lady is on windows 10
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Windows
Recent edits by: Maria, sugam, Danonek