Edited by bela, Calob Horton, Eng, dian and 1 other
Questions and Answers
How can I unhide my files on my USB flash drive?
I can't see my files when I plug in my USB flash drive. I can see used GB but when I open it, there is no file there.
A simple way to show hidden files on your USB flash drive is to do the following:
- Click Tools.
- Click Folder Option.
- Click the View tab in the window that opens.
- Click Show hidden files, folders, and drives and uncheck the Hide protected operating system files box.
- Click OK.
This should show any hidden folders on your flash drive. If the problem is deeper, then the VisiHow article below will help you unhide your missing files on your USB flash drive. However, you'll have to make sure you know which letter your computer assigned to your drive so you can use the steps in the article effectively. To learn your flash drive's letter, do the following:
- Plus your USB flash drive into your computer.
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Click Computer and find your flash drive.
- Take note of the letter. It will usually be E: or F:.
- Take its letter and use it in the steps in the article below.
If your files are still hidden, there is a possibility that your flash drive is corrupt. Programs like R-Undelete may be able to retrieve your flash drive's data, though. While R-Undelete is a paid program, you will be able to determine if you can retrieve your data before you make a purchase.
More questions and answers on this topic can be found here: How can I delete a virus on my USB when I can't see my files
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Windows
Recent edits by: dian, Eng, Calob Horton