Edited by phillip., Dilini, Dougie-1, Grimm and 11 others
- 1 Questions and Answers
- 1.1 How can I tell if a Samsung Galaxy S5 I am buying is original?
- 1.2 HOW CAN I REALIZE IF Galaxy CORE IS ORIGINAL OR FAKE?
- 1.3 I bought a Samsung S5 and I have been watching some reviews where the logo 'Galaxy S5' on the bottom back of the phone is not present. I am not referring to the Samsung logo underneath the heart rate sensor as that is there. Is my phone fake?
- 1.4 I'm ordering my phone online when I get my phone how do I know if it is real or fake?
- 1.5 Identifying the Original Samsung Tab4?
- 1.6 Please identify Samsung mobile check of originality?
- 1.7 What is the mega pixel for the back camera of Samsung Galaxy S5?
- 1.8 I bought a fake S5 and I am worried on how long it will keep work?
- 1.9 I bought a Samsung Galaxy S5 but it has a 4G written on the back cover?
- 1.10 If the clone mobile is the same as the original, not any big difference, then how can I know about original and Korean?
- 1.11 Hi, how can I know that S5 cover is company cover?
- 1.12 It was faked by the shop keeper in NY that the S5 is unlocked. But it is a locked phone. Can I unlock it?
- 1.13 I bought a Galaxy S5 and when I check the RAM its 1 gig. I don't understand why its 1 RAM instead of 2?
- 1.14 Yes. how do I stop my phone from downloading unwanted apps?
- 1.15 My phone can't update Google play station. Its called Galaxy S5. Took the phone to the workshop, he formatted the phone at a cost and gave me an email, and said don't change the memory card, the settings are in memory card, I presume. Now again the problem came back. Always forever insufficient space. Can you help me?
- 1.16 How can I know if a Samsung phone is original or refurbished?
- 2 Comments
Questions and Answers
How can I tell if a Samsung Galaxy S5 I am buying is original?
I'm not sure where to buy the S5, and I don't know how to see if it is original or not.
Anytime you're having trouble deciding on where to purchase a new Samsung Galaxy, or more importantly, whether the phone you'll buy is original, there are a number of ways you can check to see if it's authentic. Below, we've covered all of the common places you might shop for a new GS5, and what you should be careful of when shopping. Additionally, we've provided detailed tips in the next section that will help you tell if the Samsung phone you decide to buy is original.
- 1Amazon:An online retailer with global reach, Amazon is the best place you can purchase a phone online, as they'll have great prices, and security process in place to protect you in the event of a fraudulent sale. However, you still need to make sure that you are confirming with the seller that the phone is an authentic Samsung Galaxy S5, and not a clone or a copy. If you do this, and still end up with a fake phone, Amazon will refund your purchase. This is the best independent location to buy from online.
- 2Craigslist:This is an online site that globally advertises things for sale, among other services. If you shop here for any mobile phone, you should be extremely careful, as there are no refunds, and no ways to protect yourself from a fraudulent seller. You should be extremely careful when you don't personally know the seller, such as purchasing from an online reselling site like Craigslist, or when your cousin's friend's brother has a phone for sale.
- 3eBay:The largest online auction site in the world, eBay can be a great place to find good deals on new and used Samsung phones. However, there are times where a seller will advertise an authentic phone that's actually fake. One of the easiest ways to tell this is when the price is 75% or less of what it should otherwise be. Another way to spot a fake seller is if it's going to take weeks to deliver a phone, which indicates it's probably being shipped from China or another clone market, rather than from a warehouse or location near the seller (or you).
- 4Retail Stores:There are a number of stores where you can buy a new Samsung Galaxy. These locations include the Samsung Store, any major phone carrier, such as AT&T, T-Mobile, or Verizon. Likewise, certain electronics stores, or individual phone retailers may also offer Samsung models. Just keep in mind that while the Samsung store or a major phone carrier will always be selling original devices, some independent sellers might be passing off clones as originals. In cases like this, you'll need to follow some of the steps we've listed below to spot a fake S5.
How to tell if a Samsung Galaxy S5 is fake:
There are a number of ways to see if any phone is fake, but with the Samsung S5 models, you can look for specific features and specifications that will let you tell. You can also use the Samsung Kies software to check with Samsung to see if a phone is authentic. Here are some things you should look for:
- 1Check the distance between the edge of the phone and the screen.Original Samsung phones use a very high-quality glass that is resistant to damage, and unlikely to break easily. Because of this, the screen can be placed very close to the edge of the phone. Fake Galaxy phones use lower quality components, and will often have a greater distance between the edge of the device and the screen.
- 2Screen brightness is not very good.Low-quality displays aren't as bright as the higher quality components Samsung uses, which means that a clone screen will look dull and flat. This is especially easy to see if you're able to compare the phone to an original, such as one a friend may have that you could use to compare.
- 3Button distance, gaps, and sensor placements aren't the same as an original.Many times there will be gaps in fake Samsung devices, sensors will be missing or in the wrong locations, and there will be different distances between buttons and the edge of the phone. An excellent way to check for this is to visit a Samsung store and get a copy of the sales brochure for the Galaxy S5. Then, take that with you and compare it to what you are considering purchasing to see if they match up.
Code and IMEI or Serial Number methods to tell if a phone is genuine.
If you can touch and use a new or used Samsung Galaxy S5 that you are planning to buy, you can enter any of the following codes into the phone's dial pad. Each of these codes is relevant to a device component, as in the case of a modem. If the test does not work properly, it is likely that the component is not original. Please use the following codes:
- Software Version, PDA, CSC, and Modem - *#1234#
- Software and Hardware Info - *#12580369#
- Test mode - *#0*#
- Service Mode - *#197328640#
- ADC Reading - *#0228#
- Bluetooth Test Mode - *#232331#
- Bluetooth Address - *#232337#
- Samsung Ciphering Information - *#32489#
You can also contact Samsung directly with the IMEI and Serial of any phone to ask for customer support. If you have a fake code, they will not provide support. Alternatively, you can also download and install Samsung Kies, and plug the phone into your computer to see if it is a genuine Samsung Galaxy S5. Fake phones won't be able to be authenticated by the Samsung system.
For additional ways to see if your Galaxy phone is real or fake, please reference the main guide, which is linked at the bottom of the article summary provided below.
See more questions like this: Genuine or refurbished. How can I distinguish between genuine or refurbished Galaxy S5
HOW CAN I REALIZE IF Galaxy CORE IS ORIGINAL OR FAKE?
Samsung Galaxy CORE - HOW CAN I REALIZE IT IS GENUINE CONFIGURATION AND ORIGINAL.
Compare your phone to specs online. Usually, the screen will not be as wide and the plastic will feel cheap. If the apps load slow and your camera quality is low then you definitely have a clone. The color contrast on the screen will also be diminished compared to an original Samsung Galaxy Core.
I bought a Samsung S5 and I have been watching some reviews where the logo 'Galaxy S5' on the bottom back of the phone is not present. I am not referring to the Samsung logo underneath the heart rate sensor as that is there. Is my phone fake? Thanks in advance. I have tried: Nothing yet. I think it was caused by: N/A
Press your finger hard on the screen. If it looks like the screen suddenly distorts as if you caused ripples in water, that is a fake device. Also, the clones do not have a real flash in the back. It is just a sticker. On the real Galaxy S5, the heart rate sensor flashed read and actually works.
See more questions like this: How to check if my cell phone S5 is original?
I'm ordering my phone online when I get my phone how do I know if it is real or fake?
I'm ordering my phone online when I get my phone how do I know if it is real or fake
The fastest way is testing with the Samsung codes if you got a Samsung device. Watch YouTube videos showing the new phone in reviews and compare to the device in your hand. When buying online you should always search reviews of the seller or website. If clone devices were sold in the past there will be an online footprint.
Identifying the Original Samsung Tab4?
I want to recognize the original international Samsung Tab4 from the fake device
In this Youtube Tutorial you can see what the clone looks like and how it performs. Compare that video to the device you have.
Please identify Samsung mobile check of originality?
Made in China, made by Samsung, and made by Vietnam?
Could be real. Samsung devices are manufactured in Korea, Vietnam, and China. Rarely are they built in just one facility.
What is the mega pixel for the back camera of Samsung Galaxy S5?
Samsung Galaxy S5: what is the mega pixel for the back camera of Samsung Galaxy S5
A sharp 16 Megapixel.
I bought a fake S5 and I am worried on how long it will keep work?
I bought a fake S5 but I would love to know if there are any differences in the way it works compared to the original
There are lots of changes. Air command, the heart rate sensor and the camera quality are just three of the many differences. Clones are getting better at spoofing the originals but there will always be differences in quality when it comes to graphics and special features like the air gesture.
I bought a Samsung Galaxy S5 but it has a 4G written on the back cover?
I bought a Samsung Galaxy S5 but it has a 4G written on the back cover so I want to know if its original or fake
Phones from Verizon have the 4G on the back so other carriers may also be doing that. The only way to really know it to run some of the Samsung Codes and see if your phone responds properly.
If the clone mobile is the same as the original, not any big difference, then how can I know about original and Korean?
If all the specs of clone are same with the original then what will I do?
There are always differences with the clone. For instance if you hard reset it, the menu may come up in Chinese. It also will not have the same boot loop with the Samsung logo when you turn the phone on. The sound quality of the speaker and the camer image quality will be drastically different in a clone.
Hi, how can I know that S5 cover is company cover?
Cover detail, please how can I know that S5 cover is a company cover
The back cover is perforated. This is different from the usual flat plastic clone versions.
It was faked by the shop keeper in NY that the S5 is unlocked. But it is a locked phone. Can I unlock it?
Is there a way I can unlock my S5. I am currently in India. And I purchased it for $700.
Try this, it is how I unlocked my husband's S5:
- 1Insert the SIM card you want to use into your Samsung Galaxy S5.
- 2Perform a Restart on the S5.
- 3Once the phone boots up, type in (*#197328640#).
- 4Then select
- Debug Screen
- Phone Control
- Network Lock
- Perso SHA256 OFF.
- 1After 30 seconds, tap the back button to go into the main menu.
- 2Look in the main menu for a "Network Lock" and select NW Lock NV Data INITIALIZE out of the options.
I bought a Galaxy S5 and when I check the RAM its 1 gig. I don't understand why its 1 RAM instead of 2?
I bought a Galaxy S5 and when I check the RAM its 1 gig. I don't understand why its 1 RAM instead of 2?
You may have a clone. In fact, use some of the Samsung codes to see if the phone properly responds.
Yes. how do I stop my phone from downloading unwanted apps?
Yes. how do I stop my phone from downloading unwanted apps? its a Chinese Samsung S5 with a mediatek processor. It seems to have a program in the firmware that cannot be removed.
Go into Settings and deselect Install from unknown sources. You should also hard reset your device. This may get rid of the app. If not use ADB tools to get into the Developer Options of the phone to take that app off.
My phone can't update Google play station. Its called Galaxy S5. Took the phone to the workshop, he formatted the phone at a cost and gave me an email, and said don't change the memory card, the settings are in memory card, I presume. Now again the problem came back. Always forever insufficient space. Can you help me?
Google play services can't b updated because of insufficient space. EVEN AFTER BEING FORMATTED. PLEASE HELP
You need to use Kies and transfer over data that you are not using like images and videos. You will also want to determine which apps you can dump and not miss. Use an app like CCleaner and Cache Defrag to clear up useless cache.
How can I know if a Samsung phone is original or refurbished?
How can I know if a Samsung phone is original or refurbished
Please dial ##786# or *#*#786#*#* from the Phone application and then tap on "View". Then, scroll down to the "Reconditioned Status" line. If there is "No" to the right, then the phone is brand new. If there is "Yes", then the phone is a refurbished model.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Tech
Recent edits by: VisiHow, Nicolee, robertdecruz