Edited by alaaalifk, Anonymous, VisiHow
Questions and Answers
How can I delete hidden virus through cmd?
This is only possible if you know that the virus is not in your memory and that you know the exact file name for the virus. In that case, just type
Del /f filename.ext
Where "filename.ext" is the file name with its extension.
If you do not know the virus file name and whether it is resident or not, then you cannot delete it from Command Prompt. As far as it can inferred, you are unable to use your Windows graphical user interface (GUI) to install an antivirus and check your system for viruses. Instead, you can use rescue media to check the system for errors.
- 1You will need another computer and a medium (CD/DVD/USB).
- 2Then, download either ISO for CD/DVD/BD media or EXE for USB disks from Dr.Web LiveDisk.
- 4Then, switch to the infected computer.
- 5Reboot the computer and enter BIOS during the first seconds of computer turning on.
- You will need to read your computer manual or look at on-screen prompts if you do not know how to enter BIOS. You can enter it by pressing a key or key combination.
- 6Change the boot sequence or priority so that you boot up from the medium with Dr.Web LiveDisk.
- 7Check your system for viruses and cure it.
- 8Now, you can reboot.Optionally, enter BIOS to restore the previous boot sequence.
However, if you can use Windows fully, you can just install an antivirus and run a full system scan or just a scan of the USB drive. To download and install a free antivirus, you can navigate to AVG, Comodo, Panda, or Avira web sites.
Categories : Antivirus
Recent edits by: Anonymous, alaaalifk