Edited by ashim2002, Eng, Calob Horton, Niranjan G S R and 6 others
Questions and Answers
How can I connect my PC's internet connection to a Sony Xperia C phone through its data cable?
There are a number of ways that you can connect your PC's internet connection to your Sony Xperia C phone with a USB cable. However, they all require third-party applications, since by default, Android phones are not able to connect to your PC's internet connection through a USB cable. Thankfully, developers have worked around this issue to bring you a number of ways to connect your Sony Xperia C to your PC's internet connection; however, the applications that allow you to connect your Android phone to your PC to share your PC's internet connection require a rooted phone, which is a very involved process that, if you mess it up, can brick (or permanently disable) your phone. If you don't have a rooted phone, you unfortunately will not be able to share your PC's internet connection to your Sony Xperia C with a USB cable. If you want to set up a WiFi network from your PC to use on your Android phone, you can use the Connectify app. If you are rooted, however, you can follow the steps below to tether your phone to your computer to use its internet connection with the most popular reverse-tethering tool available.
Using the Android Reverse Tethering Tool
- 2Plug your Sony Xperia C into your computer with its USB cable.
- 3Since you're rooted, this option will already be available for you to enable. Open your Settings application, and navigate to the Applications menu. From there, turn USB debugging on.Enable USB debugging.
- 4Open the Android Reverse Tethering Tool folder and extract the file and run it.
- 5When it's open, click the Select a device dropdown menu and select your phone.
- 6From the Select DNS to use dropdown menu, choose any DNS other than 192.168.1.1.
- 7Click the Connect button.
- 8Tap Grant when your phone prompts you to finish the installation.The Tool will now install applications on your phone.
You will now be able to use your computer's internet connection on your Sony Xperia C.
I plugged my Xperia C to PC, but the PC says "USB not recognized", what would I do to get it recognized?
My OTG was not read by my Xperia C. I have tried: Plug to PC and plug the OTG to my Xperia C. I think it was caused by: I don't know
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : Sony
Recent edits by: Maria, McCool, Nslatt