How To Stream Movies And TV Shows To Your TV With An Android Google Cast vs Video & TV Cast Samsung TV vs Sony TV Media Player ... and 1 more
Edited by Frank Fazio
App 1: Google Cast
The Android Google Cast app will let you stream any Cast enabled app to your TV.
- 1Connect to WiFi.Connect your Android phone to the same WiFi network that your TV is on.Advertisement
- 2Open A Cast Enabled App.Open up an enabled app, like YouTube, There are thousands of Cast enabled apps that can stream movies and music, just download them from the Google Play.Advertisement
- 3Start Casting.Once you run your Cast enabled app, just press the Cast button and the media will be broadcast to your TV.
The number of Cast enabled apps is extensive, but some are listed here:
- TVs and Movies: Netflix, Google Play Movies, HBO Now, Hulu, Sling TV
- Music and Audio: Spotify, Pandora, Google Play Music, iHeartradio, NPR ONE
- Games: Angry Birds Friends, Just Dance Now, Driver Speedboat Paradise, Monopoly Here & Now, Twitch
- Sports: Watch ESPN, MLS Live, NBA for Chromecast, CBS Sports, NHL
- Photos and Videos: YouTube, TED, Pixlr - Free Photo Editor, Chrome, Lyve
- Other: Sesame Street Go, Fitnet, Google Slides, Haystack TV News, DailyBurn
App 2: Video & TV Cast Samsung TV
The company 2kit consulting created this app for a number of different TVs and devices. This one is for Samsung, and they also create one for Fire TV, Chromecast, Roku, Android TV and Nexus Player.
- 1Download the Samsung Smart TV app.Download the app TV Cast to your TV. It in the videos category of the Smart Hub or search for "TV Cast".Advertisement
- 2Open Video & TV Cast on your Android device.Open the add, press the connect button and get your IP address.
- 3Enter your IP address in the TV app.
- 4Start casting.Press "tap here to cast".Advertisement
App 3: Sony TV Media Player
If you would like to stream photos and videos, you can use the Sony TV Media Player from ZappoTV. Some of the features include:
- Search through videos
- Add to favorites
- History management
- Music playlists management
- Continuous music and video play
- Upload photos and videos
- Access to your DLNA Media Servers
App 4: AllConnect - Play & Stream
Will allow you to connect to the following:
- Smart TVs (Samsung, LG, Sony, Panasonic, Philips, etc)
- Amazon FireTV
- Apple TV
- AirPlay speakers
- DLNA devices
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Home Theater