How To Control A Sony TV With Your Smartphone Sony TV Media Player vs TV Remote For Sony vs Lazy Remote ... and 5 more
Edited by Frank Fazio, kujomujo
App 1: Sony TV Media Player
This iPhone / iPad app from ZappoTV is a lot more than just a TV remote for your Sony. Priced at $3.99 to download, it will allow you to access additional content not currently on the Sony Smart TV. Besides a remote, this app also has the following features:
- Search and browse videos, photos, or music
- Browse channels using easy to navigate video carousels
- Stream music and videos directly to your Sony TV
- Use your Sony TV to access your photo and social networking accounts
- Create and manage playlists of music to play on your Sony TV
- Continuous video and music play
- Access to your DLNA Home Media Servers
- Watch Video Podcasts, YouTube videos or listen to SHOUTcast Internet radio
App 2: TV Remote For Sony
This Android TV Remote requires that your phone or tablet has a built in IR blaster. Not only will it control your Sony, it will control most other brands as well. The basic remote functions are as follows:
- Power on and off
- AV and TV button
- Mute, un-mute
- Channel number buttons
- Channel index and lists
- Volume Up
- Volume Down
- Channel Up
- Channel Down
- Menu Button with up, down and left, right controls
- Red / Green / Blue / Yellow keys
App 3: Lazy Remote
The Lazy Remote is an app for your iPhone or iPad that was created by Danila Gusev. It is a useful remote app for your Sony Bravia that also controls your lighting. This app is like many others that require the app to be connected to the same WiFi in your house that your Bravia is connected to. Other devices that the Lazy Remote app will control are Tivo, Roku, Dune, Xbox, Denon, Marantz and most other DLNA devices.
App 4: Ezzi TV Universal remote for Sony
WAYD LLC has created this nifty little app for your iPhone and iPad. To use this app with your Sony TV, follow the following steps:
- 1Download the Ezzi app from the Apple StoreAdvertisement
- 2Turn on your Sony Smart TVAdvertisement
- 3Connect TV to same WiFi
- 4Pair it with Ezzi TV using the simple on-screen manual
- 5Create actions with your devices
- 6Adjust the settings you want to act together
- 7Play the settings combination with one tap
The Ezzi app has all the feature that a regular remote control has such as:
- Control other home theater devices one-by-one or together
- Set up watching parameters
- Change TV channel
- Control output volume
- Set up input for game console, media player, sound system
- Apple TV 3rd gen subtitles
App 5: SonyMote Remote for Sony Bravia TV Smart
If you have a Sony Bravia Smart TV and need an extra remote, the SonyMote will do the job. The SonyMote is a virtual remote control for your iPhone or iPad. The app runs over the WiFi in your house so there is no need to be close to the TV to use any of the remote control functions. This remote will work with all Sony Bravia TVs and the latest version is compatible with iOS10.
App 6: Video & TV SideView Remote
Here is Sony's answer to the TV remote control and TV Guide dilemma. This app is for the Android and is compatible with the following Sony devices: LCD TV BRAVIA, Blu-ray Disc™/DVD Player, Blu-ray Disc™/DVD Home Theatre System, Streaming Player / Network Media Player, Sony Internet TV and AV Receiver. It contains the following features:
- Remote control
- TV Guide
- Search TV Guide and YouTube
- App will alert you when your favorite programs are on
- Includes a TV Guide widget that shows what is currently on
App 7: Remote for Sony TV
Once you connect this Android app with the same WiFi network that your Sony TV is on, you can control your TV from any room of the house. Features include: volume control, navigation pad, changing channels, media player functions and Smart TV functions. This app has an exhaustive list of compatible Sony TVs, including:
- XBR-84X900/84X905, XBR-HX950/HX955/HX957
- XBR-HX920/HX925/HX927/HX929, KD-84X9000/84X9005
- KDL-HX850/HX853/HX855/HX857/HX950/HX953/HX955, KDL-NX650/NX655
App 8: TV Remote for Sony
- Voice recognition commands
- Control media (Volume, Play, Pause, Forward, Backward)
- Automatic device discovery
- Test the Connection of your TV
- Volume Control
Questions and Answers
Sony TV stuck in standby mode?
I have a Sony TV and it is stuck in standby mode. Nothing I do seems to work. The model number is XBR-84X900. How do I get it out of standby mode?
There could be a number of reasons why your TV is stuck in standby mode, but the most common reason is a hardware issue. Here is something you can try to reset your Sony:
- 1Unplug the TV from the wall.
- 2Wait an hour.
- 3Hold down the power button on the TV for about a minute.
- 4Plug the TV back into the wall and hold down the power button on the TV for a minute.Advertisement
If that did not get your Sony out of standby mode you will need to bring it into an authorized repair facility.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
How To Control A Sony TV With Your Smartphone. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 23, 2017, from http://visihow.com/How_To_Control_A_Sony_TV_With_Your_Smartphone
MLA (Modern Language Association) "How To Control A Sony TV With Your Smartphone." VisiHow, visihow.com/How_To_Control_A_Sony_TV_With_Your_Smartphone Accessed 23 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "How To Control A Sony TV With Your Smartphone." Accessed May 23, 2017. http://visihow.com/How_To_Control_A_Sony_TV_With_Your_Smartphone.
Categories : Home Theater
Recent edits by: Frank Fazio