How To Control A Sony Receiver With Your Smartphone ES Remote vs AV Receiver Remote
Edited by Frank Fazio
There are only a few Sony apps that will allow you to control your Sony receiver. Actually, there is one for the Android, and one for iOS.
App 1: ES Remote
This Android app will allow you to control your home theater Sony receiver. Basic functions include, power, volume, input switching and zone functions. Supported models are: STR-DA5800ES, STR-DA2800ES, STR-DA5700ES and STR-DA3700ES.
App 2: AV Receiver Remote
Here is the iOS version of Sony's receiver app and not only can you control your Sony receiver, you can also control the devices connected to that receiver. Here are the receivers that are compatible with this app: STR-DA5600ES, STR-DA4600ES, STR-DA3600ES and STR-DN2010,
- 1Connect the Sony receiver to your networkAdvertisement
- 2Select settingsAdvertisement
- 3Select network
- 4Select external control
- 5Set that external control to ON
- 6Connect your iPhone/iPod to the same network
- 7Start the app
- 8Select applications settings
- 9Select connection
- 10Find the receiver that you want to operate
- 11If your receiver is not there, select rescan
- 12Choose the receiver that you want to operateAdvertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Home Theater