Host an online meeting and the WebEx cost
Edited by Ermin, Eng
Are you looking for software or an online system that will help you host an online meeting with your colleagues in an instant? If so, you've come to the right place! In this page, I will help you use WebEx to host an online meeting or web conferencing in an easy way. WebEx provides you an easy-to-use system for hosting an online meeting. What's more, it offers everything that you need to have for your web conferencing. So, let's get started.
- 1 Getting started on WebEx: Hosting an online meeting instantly
- 2 Adding files to your "schedule a meeting" space
- 3 WebEx Meeting Plans
- 4 Questions and Answers
- 5 Referencing this Article
- 6 Comments
Getting started on WebEx: Hosting an online meeting instantly
- 1Sign up for a free account first. After signing up, WebEx will provide you 25 premium features that you can use in 14 days. This is a good start to try before purchasing their products. (WebEx products will be discussed later on).Go to http://webex.com.Advertisement
- 2You have to verify the link sent to your email from WebEx, it will then lead you to the website and ask you to log in with your username/email and password. Afterwards, you can access your account.Verify the link sent to your email from WebEx.Advertisement
In the picture above, you see how I created an upcoming online meeting. "What" is where you type in the title of your meeting. "When" is the schedule, and "Who" is where you invite people to join the meeting. If some of your colleagues don't have a WebEx account, but you are going to invite them there with their email addresses, they will receive your confirmation message in their inbox right after clicking "schedule it" button below. Once they receive your email, and they click on it, they will be redirected to the WebEx page where they may sign up and join the web conferencing. "Agenda" is where you may add information about the title of your meeting, but it's optional. You may record the meeting by checking the box below the audio connection.
Adding files to your "schedule a meeting" space
In the previous picture, you see the word "files" after "agenda". In this part, I will teach you how to navigate it. There are two ways of sending your files from your computer to your WebEx page:
- 1This is how it looks like:First, you can directly attach a file from your computer by clicking "attach files" [files] and then choose "upload from local disk".Advertisement
- 2Productivity tools include WebEx Assistant (a pop-up WebEx box) that you may use in an instant without logging in the WebEx system page. Below is a screenshot of my WebEx Assistant.Second, you can also download the "WebEx productivity tools" so that you will be able to use or share your file directly from your computer to the WebEx.
To download the productivity tools, follow the steps below.
- 3Run the downloaded set-up.
- 6When you are done with your meeting, you may close the page and a pop-up box will appear, just click "end meeting". Always check the box in the pop-up for your participants' reference, because they may ask and look for the last meeting's history as well as the files used during the meeting. They can find it in their WebEx account. It looks like this:Close the page and click "end meeting".
- 7You may also schedule a follow-up meeting in your meeting space.Schedule follow-up meeting.Advertisement
The other WebEx icon in the toolbar, beside the "share this file", is where you can access "meet now" and "schedule a meeting" in an instant without logging in the WebEx system page. Below is a screenshot of it:
After clicking that, you will be redirected to the page where you may invite people with their contact information like email addresses. For sharing files, you may click the arrow button on "share my desktop", it will then show you some options, whether you may either share specific files from your computer, or share your desktop. And the participants whom you invited will be able to see it.
In sharing your desktop, you have a full control of it using the toolbar, which will appear at the top corner of your screen. See image below.
So there you have it! This method is the simplest way to host an online meeting instantly using WebEx! Now you can collaborate and discuss something with your colleagues. You may also study it and make use of other features aside from hosting an online meeting instantly and sharing files.
WebEx Meeting Plans
After using the free trial WebEx in 14 days, you might decide to purchase one of their meeting plans. If you like WebEx, here is a picture where you can choose which meeting plan you might want to purchase. If not, you may still use their basic free WebEx but with limitations.
Questions and Answers
How can I attach a file to the meeting agenda?
I'm trying to send out a few docs for review prior to the meeting, can't seem to figure out how
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Host an online meeting and the WebEx cost. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 27, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Host_an_online_meeting_and_the_WebEx_cost
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Host an online meeting and the WebEx cost." VisiHow, visihow.com/Host_an_online_meeting_and_the_WebEx_cost Accessed 27 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Host an online meeting and the WebEx cost." Accessed Apr 27, 2017. http://visihow.com/Host_an_online_meeting_and_the_WebEx_cost.
Categories : Websites
Recent edits by: Ermin