Holiday Decorating Ideas for Your Front Door
Edited by Emmanuel M. Lardizabal, Eng, Monika, Rebecca M. and 5 others
There are different holidays we celebrate every year, such as Christmas Day, Halloween, and New Year's Day. When these holidays are pending, many of us are thinking about decorations to make or buy in order to show others that we are in the spirit of the season.
Holiday decorations are decorations which are used for celebrating a specific day. They are usually lovingly crafted and may be created using natural items. They reflect the sense of pride that the home owner or business owner has and they offer a feeling of warmth and welcome to the people outside.
They will make the entrance of the house or business appealing to those who enter. Decorations may be interior or exterior. Decorations which are used in the entrance are usually on the exterior to help to draw in the person from outside and make them feel a sense of welcome.
Factors to consider in decorating your front door
- 1Think of the materials and decorations you want to place on your front door, whether it is a wreath or any other decorations. The materials should be gathered and ready for making such decorations. The things you should gather and make use of may be the cheap ones, but they are of good quality. The materials should have been enough to be used in decorating the front door. If some materials are lacking, you should find the things you need to make your decorations more beautiful.Try to think first what the upcoming holiday season is.Advertisement
- 2In preparing decorations for the upcoming holiday season, you should consider time management. At least two weeks before the holiday, you should have been able to place your decorations on your front door, or at least finished making the materials needed for decorating your front door. You should have them up at least two weeks before the occasion, so that they are worth your while. If you use time management skills, then you will not have to rush when making the decorations.You should consider the preparation time.Advertisement
- 3The decoration you will be placing on your front door should have relevance to the upcoming holiday occasions. If the occasion is Christmas, then you should place things like stars, Christmas wreaths and ornaments.Relativity to the holiday occasions.
- 4The decorations must be appealing to the public. They should catch the attention of others when they pass by your place. They should be visible even from far away and from different angles, and they should fit in with current trends.The appearance of the front door decorations should be good.
- 5They should be very special, and show how creative the decorator is. They should show that he or she has the ability to make innovative decorations and new things, and has the ability to design it well.The holiday decorations must be unique in its appearance and beauty.
- 6If you decide to make it more complicated, make sure that it still looks classy. Often having a complicated design will make the decoration appear tacky. Creating a simple design can be easily mastered, and then you can repeat the process the following season. Simple designs are also less time consuming.The design of the decoration must be simple.
- 7This will prevent them from being damaged easily. They should also be free from defects, so that they can be used for a long time. Front door holiday decorations will last through the strong rains, strong winds, and other seasonal hazards. If you make them durable, they can be used for the next holiday season as well.The decorations should be of good quality.
- 8Most of the time, recyclable materials are used to cut the expenses. It also helps you to be thrifty. Recyclable decorations may also be used for different purposes when the holiday season has passed. They may also be reused for the next holiday season if you store them in a good place to avoid them getting destroyed. Recyclable materials are also eco-friendly materials. You can usually make them without spending much money, and you are helping to prevent environmental destruction.The decoration must be recyclable, reusable and reducible.
- 9Bright colors will catch everybody's attention and boost the beauty of your holiday decorations. They also makes your decoration clean in appearance. Colorful decorations are especially need for happy holidays like Christmas or New Year's. If it is Halloween season, then dark colors are often preferred.The decorations should be colorful.
- 10If your decoration is not attractive, then it will not likely be appreciated, and as a result, people passing by may criticize your work. When you put in hard work, you would prefer for others to appreciate it and give it thumbs up. Beautiful decorations will also amaze others when they see your talents.The decoration should be beautiful.
- 11If you are unsure of how to make a decoration, or if you just want to do it in a simple way, try to find a simple pattern, or instructions that you can memorize easily. If the pattern is complicated you will be more likely to make mistakes while making the decorations. Also, if you have a pattern, you can more easily make another.Use a pattern if possible.
Do's and Don'ts
- 1Just make the decorations simple so they will be appreciated.Do not over decorate your front door.Advertisement
- 2If you place lights and extensions on your decorations, you should unplug them when it is raining to avoid accidents.
- 3Time management should be given priority so you can have good output when making decorations for your front door.
- 4Lights should be put also in a pattern to distribute them among the decorations.
- 5Do not use things which are not eco-friendly, and which may produce destruction of our natural resources.
- 6Do not make decorations that will offend religious beliefs or the feelings of other people.
- 7Reuse and recycle the things you used to make the decorations.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
Do you have ideas for funny Christmas outdoor decorations?
I am looking for an Christmas decoration for my front door that will make people laugh.. I have tried: I have had evergreen bough Christmas door decorations in the past.. I think it was caused by: I would like to add a bit of levity to my holiday decorations on my front door so that people feel welcome.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Holiday Decorating Ideas for Your Front Door. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 29, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Holiday_Decorating_Ideas_for_Your_Front_Door
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Holiday Decorating Ideas for Your Front Door." VisiHow, visihow.com/Holiday_Decorating_Ideas_for_Your_Front_Door Accessed 29 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Holiday Decorating Ideas for Your Front Door." Accessed Mar 29, 2017. http://visihow.com/Holiday_Decorating_Ideas_for_Your_Front_Door.