Hire a Virtual Dating Assistant
Edited by Kathy McGraw, Maria
Okay, so I knew that you could hire a writer to create a dating profile for you, but I never knew that there was such a thing as a virtual dating assistant service where everything, from your dating profile to messaging other singles and even arranging dates is done for you. I have to say that as I write this, I am completely floored.
As of this writing, there are two companies that offer this service for a monthly fee of around $300 to $1,300. I guess finding love isn't cheap. The companies' main market is men, although one of them does have a site that targets women. I am not sure what I think of this; it seems at least a little underhanded to me, but I suppose if you aren't looking for a long-term relationship and have more money than time, it could work out for you. Perhaps you wished you had Patti Stanger from "Millionaire Matchmaker" assisting you in your love life venture, if you don't have the collateral for her service, this is the next best thing.
Why Use a Virtual Dating Assistant?
The marketing spiel on the websites of the two virtual dating assistant services I found online clearly target people who, for whatever reason, don't have the time or inclination to navigate through the process of online dating. And let's face it: no one likes putting themselves out there and open for judgment by others. Here are some reasons why you might hire a virtual dating assistant:
- 1If you're a busy person who barely has enough time to get to the gym every day, the idea of spending hours on creating a quality dating profile and reaching out to other singles for potential dates may not be feasible for your schedule. Virtual dating assistant services claim to do all of this for you, and more.You don't have the time to do it right.Advertisement
- 2If the idea of having your carefully written messages ending up in someone's deleted folder is depressing , but neither do you savvy the meat market aspect of hanging out at bars or clubs looking for a date, then perhaps having the process handled for you where you only get to see the end result will work better for you.You find online dating intimidating, but you don't like the bar scene either.Advertisement
- 3Maybe the art of the written language has always escaped you, or maybe you just have no idea what to say when you're confronted with having to write about yourself. If so, then hiring a virtual dating assistant to do all of the writing for you makes sense.You suck at expressing yourself with words.
What Does A Virtual Dating Assistant Do?
The two virtual dating assistant services that I discovered work much the same way.
- 1The interview will cover who you are, what you do, and your preferences. You may be given some photos of men or women and ask to rate them on which appeal more to you to get a better idea of what you like and don't like. you to get an idea of who you are and what you want in a partner.The first step is a phone Interview.Advertisement
- 2Based on the information gathered during your interview, your writer will create an appealing profile for you, including adding images.The next step is to craft your dating profile.
- You have the option of providing the pictures yourself or having the service arrange to get professional photos taken of you.
- Another add-on service is having staff members of the opposite sex rate your photos on appeal and arrange them so that the best ones are the first ones prospective dates see.
- 3This includes sending "openers" to prospective matches and engaging in back and forth conversations that ultimately lead up to setting up a date.The writer then begins to manage your dating profile for you.
- 4Everything, from scheduling the date to booking the reservations, if needed is done for you. All you have to do is show up at the appointed time and place. Of course, the rest is up to you.The final step is to set up a date for you.
The Pros and Cons
While it may seem like a good idea at first glance, using the services of a virtual dating assistant isn't without its problems. Let's first look at the positive aspects and then delve into the negative aspects.
- It's a hands-off way of finding dates.
- No first contact jitters
- Virtual dating assistant companies operate in an ethical gray area
- Like Cyrano's friend, you may find your charm doesn't meet up with your date's expectations
- Using such a service may violate the TOS of some dating sites and lead to a banning
Where to Find Virtual Dating Services
At present, there are two companies that offer virtual dating services:
- Virtual Dating Assistants (ViDA) for Men
- Virtual Dating Assistants (ViDA) for Women
- Personal Dating Assistants (PDA)
If the done-for-you services of a virtual dating assistant leave you feeling a little skeevy (and they kind of strike me that way a little, too), but you still want some help with dating, there are some other options you might want to try.
- 1Believe it or not, there are still matchmakers around; in fact, the Matchmaking Institute, out of New York, offers a certificate program in matchmaking that people can get and become "certified matchmakers." Unlike virtual dating assistants, matchmakers don't manage your online dating profiles for you; instead, they work with you on not only matching you with other clients with whom they believe you are compatible but also in helping you identify why your previous matches failed and what you can do to fix the problem.Matchmaking services.
- 2Dating profile ghostwriters will help you craft the perfect profile, but you have to post it and make your own connections from there. You can find dating profile ghostwriters by looking on Craigslist or by browsing through the listings on Elance or UpWork.Dating profile ghostwriters.
- 3Probably the best way to get help dating, online or otherwise, is to have a trusted friend help you. Your friend knows you inside and out, and whether you want to get their help in writing your online profile and messaging potential matches or find out if they know any singles that would be great for you, they have your best interests at heart. Best of all, they won't charge you a penny (except maybe a beer or two, or maybe a pizza).Have a friend help you.Advertisement
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Dating
Recent edits by: Kathy McGraw