Hide files inside a photo
Edited by Seighart
- Command Prompt
- A Photograph, preferably in JPG format.
- A compressed folder (.rar is extremely recommended!) which contains files you wanted to hide.
- Basic Command Prompt Knowledge
- 1Gather all the "stuffs" (if you know what I mean.) you want to hide and put in inside a folder.Advertisement
- 2Compress that folder using your favorite file compressor/archiver (WinZip, PeeZip, Winrar, etc.) save it as .zip by default.Advertisement
- 3After compressing place the compressed file with the same folder as the picture you are going to use.
- 4Go to Start>RUN> or Press Windows key + Run then type "cmd" then hit enter.
- 5Locate the folder of which you put both the picture and the compressed file in.
- 6Type-in this command : COPY /B <yourphoto.jpg> + <yourzippedfolder.zip> <yourphoto.jpg>Once you locate it.Advertisement
whereas; yourphoto.jpg is the file name of the photo that you are going to use. yourzippedfolder.zip is the file name of the folder you compressed. Since we want to hide the files/folder inside the Photo, our finish product shall be the same name as the picture we used.
There are ways to Extract it.
- In some circumstances you can just right click and an "extract here" dialog will appear.
- If "extract here" doesn't show up, you have to use "Open With" then select your File Archiver to open.
- For beginners, save the compressed file and the JPG photo on the root folder (Drive C:) so you won't get lost inside the CMD.
- if you want to upload it and share it to your friends. DO NOT upload it. In Facebook or any image hosting site, since these sites optimizes and re-fix checksums of digital photographs. Upload in sites such as mediafire to assure freshness of the finish product.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Hide files inside a photo. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 27, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Hide_files_inside_a_photo
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Hide files inside a photo." VisiHow, visihow.com/Hide_files_inside_a_photo Accessed 27 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Hide files inside a photo." Accessed Mar 27, 2017. http://visihow.com/Hide_files_inside_a_photo.