Hide Folders in Samsung Tablets and Phones
Edited by Eman, Melsan, Lynn, Christine dela Cruz and 23 others
If you share your phone or tablet with other people, you need a simple way to keep certain files, folders and applications out of the wrong hands. You can follow a very simple process that doesn't require the use of third-party applications to keep your files, photos and videos private on your Samsung device. All you have to do is rename the folder. If you want to organize your tablet's home screen and keep your applications private, the Samsung Galaxy versions 10.1 and later offer you the option to do so with only a few taps.
- 1 Hide Files or Folders
- 2 View or UnHide Hidden Files or Folders
- 3 Hiding Applications
- 4 Tips Tricks & Warnings
- 5 Benefits of Hiding Folders
- 6 Tips and Tricks
- 7 Questions and Answers
- 7.1 My boyfriend has a Samsung Note, I was wondering how retrieve info?
- 7.2 Hide apps on Tab 3,So they just did a software update and now these instructions on hiding apps does not work. All of the apps that were previously hidden are not any more. Can you help me fix this?
- 7.3 My MYfolder on my tablet is linked only to my gallery?
- 7.4 If I want to hide photos or downloaded images, do I have to do one by one in my files as I can not create new folder there?
- 7.5 How to hide Pictures on Samsung E5?
- 7.6 How to find hidden files? and open them?
- 7.7 How do I see my file folder on my Tab 2 home page?
- 7.8 What do I need to do to find the hidden folders?
- 7.9 How to find hidden/encrypted items on Android Samsung tablet?
- 7.10 I accidentally hid my pictures, and I have no idea where they went and now I'm trying to retrieve them, but I have no idea how to do it?
- 7.11 How do I find the folder to create, Samsung Galaxy?
- 7.12 Looking at my husband's Samsung 2 tablet. In the apps - "All apps" I see there are two phone icons?
- 7.13 Once I had hidden photos in gallery in Samsung phone. Can I put a password to it?
- 7.14 How to hide the SMS content and only see a notification on a Grand Prime?
- 7.15 Where is the applications menu, because I don't know?
- 8 Comments
Hide Files or Folders
View or UnHide Hidden Files or Folders
- 3If you wish to Unhide the file permanently you can rename it and remove the period at the start of the name.
A built-in feature on Samsung Galaxy tablet versions 10.1 and later allows you to easily hide certain applications when you want to share your tablet with others. This is a simple method that can also protect your children from accessing unsafe or inappropriate apps while working on the tablet. See below to learn how to do it:
- 1Turn on the tablet or boot it up.Advertisement
- 2Once you open the home screen/home page, tap on "Applications".
- 3On the list of applications, tap the symbol that looks like three lines with an arrow going to down right diagonally.
- 4You can also tap the same icon to unhide those.On the drop down menu, tap on "Hide Applications", then select the applications you want to hide.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Make sure that you uncheck the "Show Hidden Files" to make your folder hidden.
- This is for hiding the folder only, not putting a password on a folder.
Benefits of Hiding Folders
- 1If you have confidential files, photos, videos and documents on your device, you don't need to worry about them being accessed either intentionally or accidentally when someone borrows your phone or tablet. Hiding certain content ensures that you're the only person who can access it. It also helps you avoid making the mistake of attaching private files, photos or other documents to emails or posting them to social media when you're in a hurry or you accidentally press the wrong button.Privacy.
- 2When your home screen is is cluttered with a bunch of apps, files and folders, you can't easily find what you're looking for. Identifying and categorizing sensitive or confidential files and hiding them can free up space and leave you more room for apps and files you use on a regular basis. Plus, you'll be more productive when working on a clean, clutter-free space.Organization.
- 3Since hidden files are stored in the background, they don't get in the way of other more commonly accessed files. By hiding private files and those you don't use on a regular basis, it will be much easier to scroll through and find what you're actually looking for.Ease of access.
Tips and Tricks
- 1Identify which type of files you'll keep in each hidden folder and add your files accordingly. Mixing and matching files will make it more confusing and difficult to find what you are looking for. With a labeled folder, you'll know exactly where to look.Organize and label your hidden folders so you can find your files quickly.
- 2If you have way too many hidden folders, it can be difficult to keep track of all of your files. Sort through your files and make sure that you're only hiding what's necessary.Prioritize the files that you want to hide.
- 3If you do have a lot of private content, it would help if you keep an inventory of your hidden folders so that when you need to find a specific file, you'll know exactly where to find it. You can create a list of your hidden folders in a notepad or on paper in a safe and secure place.Develop an inventory of your hidden folders.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
My boyfriend has a Samsung Note, I was wondering how retrieve info?
Can you retrieve those files or how can you retrieve hidden text messages
We have a comprehensive guide to using spy phone apps that will let you secretly spy on any mobile device or phone. Just visit our guide on the section on how to secretly spy on someone's cell phone, and you will find a wide range of tips and information that will help you spy on your boyfriend's hidden SMS messages.
I need help to hide my folders again. Thanks so much!
We have a guide that will show you how to hide files on the new hide files on the new Samsung. These steps are fairly standard across Android devices, and so you should be able to benefit from the steps in this guide, allowing you to hide your folders from prying eyes once more.
MY Samsung tab 2 10.0. My files folder is not showing the file structure and only showing pictures by date
In the Root Menu, you need to create folders to move what you want there. Currently, you only have the gallery but can create new folders and subfolders from within the folders.
If I want to hide photos or downloaded images, do I have to do one by one in my files as I can not create new folder there?
I am using a Samsung Galaxy j1 ace, if I go into my files on home screen, I find all downloaded images and camera images. Now to hide these images one by one is tedious. Also I don't know how to create new folder so I can hide created folder
Within Private Mode, you just tap to select all the photos you want to hide and then move them as a group to Private. You can read more about Private Mode on the VisiHow article mentioned in a top answer.
See more questions like this: Can I hide certain folders that the system uses, such as the Download folder?
How to hide Pictures on Samsung E5?
I have tried above technique to add a dot in front on file name. I have moved the picture to studio (.studio) but the picture are still visible in the Gallery .
Now you have to use Private Mode to completely hide images. If you do not to have the Private Mode enabled then you can test an image by deleting one in the Gallery and then check Studio to see if it is saved in there still.
See more questions like this: How can I hide applications on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
I'm not sure where the hidden files are in my Samsung Tablet. I have looked into settings but I'm not sure that I'm in the right place. I was wondering if its true that you can rename files so that others can not see them. I see in my Tablet that my husband is using, in my files there are files that he used but were not cleared. it says that I do not have access to the files. I was wondering how to get onto them
It sounds like you might have some concerns about what your husband is doing with those secret files. To find out, you can read our guide on how to use the My Spy (mSpy) app to spy on your husband's files. With that, you can download the spy phone application, and see everything that he's doing, including seeing any deleted text messages, photos, and calls.
See more questions like this: I want to hide files in my Samsung A8
How do I see my file folder on my Tab 2 home page?
I want to know where PDF file is in my Tab 2 and how to get to it
If you do not see it on the Home Page then it is located in your Apps screens.
My husband has hidden files on his phone and I don't know how to find them
You can go into the settings of My Files and also the App Drawer settings to unhide things. This hidden app and file situation is a sign that you may want to install a Spy app on his phone because there may be something happening such as an affair that he is trying to hide. Secretly Spy on Someone's Cell Phone is a VisiHow article that explains how to install and use a spy app to monitor your spouse. Once you do this, you will get data from the apps even if he hides them or uses Private Mode.
My husband has a long record of lying and sneaking around. I was wondering how could I find any hidden photos, emails, documents, messages and dating sites or chat ones anything else he can hide, as there has been a few strange things popping up on his tablet and now our family home! I would not like to track his phone but yet he tracks my phone location and has records of my searching from the internet and all my personal info, which is fine but I would like to stop the GPS tracking of my locations. BUT most important now is how to bring up hidden apps files and any apps that could help me in the future to look out for..
For you, hard reset your phone to get rid of whatever spy app he is using on your phone. Disable your GPS from your phone settings and see if he can still track you. If he can then that means he has a spy app installed. As for him, install a spy app on his phone and tablet. You can get packages for both devices from spy apps like FlexiSpy.
See more questions like this: How to remove miscellaneous files in Samsung Galaxy on7 Android mobile?
I accidentally hid my pictures, and I have no idea where they went and now I'm trying to retrieve them, but I have no idea how to do it?
Now I can find any of my pictures whatsoever they're all lost and I have no access to them so I'm trying to figure out a way to get them back. But I do not know the process on how to do it. And when I accidentally hit the files I never named it, it just got hide without a name.
Access the Root Menu in My Files. They should be stored in the default folder. If not then hook your phone up to the PC and see if you can explore those files to see where they are stored. If you turned Private Mode on, you would have had to do a set up first so it is probably not in that location.
How do I find the folder to create, Samsung Galaxy?
Just trying to hide photos in my settings. I don't know how to create a new folder
You access the Root Menu in My Files to create new folders and sub folders.
Looking at my husband's Samsung 2 tablet. In the apps - "All apps" I see there are two phone icons?
After researching, these are apps that he obviously downloaded. However, I cannot find hidden apps on his tablet. They don't show as downloaded. How can I find out where they are or secondly, how does he use this if I can't find an app
Within the Application Settings, there is an app drawer setting for hidden apps. Tap that and select unhide apps. Any hidden there will appear. You should consider confronting him if you find hidden apps like Viber, Skype, SnapChat, or WhatsApp. You may also find dating apps so be prepared. If you need more details and information before you confront him, put a spy app on his tablet. The spy app will show you all things that occur on that tablet. You may also want to get one on his phone.
I have hidden photos in gallery in my Samsung phone. If someone selects show hidden item it will display them. Can I put a password for that?
You can password protect in Private Mode. If you really want to keep your files super private then you should use Private Mode.
See more questions like this: How to know if my boyfriend phone has a hidden messages and calls
How to hide the SMS content and only see a notification on a Grand Prime?
No matter what setting I choose to not display or hide SMS notification content, on a Galaxy Grand prime I can only either turn the notification off or on, when on, it displays the message content and I only want to see a message notification and not the text. Any Advise?
Go back into your Message Settings. In there is an option to turn off the preview screen. Enable a lock screen and you will only see that you have messages and not what they say.
I don't know where applications are. I have tried: Nothing because I don't know where applications are. I think it was caused by: I don't know, I don't know where applications are, please show me
Usually, it says Apps on the Home Screen, you swipe left on the screen and will see Windows with apps. You also should have a circle with 6 dots or dots in a square pattern which represents the app doc on your Home Screen.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Maria, Doug Collins, faisal ali khalid